OKW lovers thread !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! Found it...but sorta wish now I hadn't...this is EXACTLY what I had hoped the new theming would NOT resemble...we are old-fashioned, beach cottage, shabby-chic kinda people....that's one of the reasons my family LOVED OKW to begin with....sometimes, I wish Disney would NOT chase after every latest trend...oh, well....:sad2:

I cannot get the video to load for some reason on my computer. Are there pictures anywhere here on the DIS of the new rooms?

I'm one that liked the old decor, so I'm really curious to see what changes they've made!:goodvibes

Another FYI at OKW and bus transportation... HH stop is not open. They are making changes for the MME drop off spot. If you are near HH, you will have to get a bus at Peninsular Road or Miller's Road stops. With that said, depending on the bus driver, if you ask, some will let you off at the stop sign at the HH...no pick ups at that spot though. Also, there is construction at
the main gate so the bus route is changed. They now enter and leave through the CM entrance off Miller's Road. One final note...there have been rumors of snakes at OKW...it's not a rumor!!! :scared1: I'll have pics on a TR when we return.

Another FYI at OKW and bus transportation... HH stop is not open. They are making changes for the MME drop off spot. If you are near HH, you will have to get a bus at Peninsular Road or Miller's Road stops. With that said, depending on the bus driver, if you ask, some will let you off at the stop sign at the HH...no pick ups at that spot though. Also, there is construction at
the main gate so the bus route is changed. They now enter and leave through the CM entrance off Miller's Road. One final note...there have been rumors of snakes at OKW...it's not a rumor!!! :scared1: I'll have pics on a TR when we return.

snakes, i hope there not eating the frog????:scared1:

Uggg....I just typed a long post about OKW and it got deleted somehow!!! So, this is short. This is our first trip to OKW and LOVE IT!!!! The units do show lots of signs of wear and tear and not the best mousekeeping, but we still love it! The one bedrooms are huge!!! We are bldg. 37 per a recommendation I read here and have a wonderful 1st floor beautiful view. We love it and will definately be returning.

I don't like everything I saw in that piece of video. I don't like the dark headboards and I hope they didn't take the TV armoir's out of the 1 bedrooms. They look kind of sloppy just sitting on top like that. As for the blue vs. peach....I can live with that. I do like the new bedspreads with the under the sea kind of theme. I wonder if they removed the bleached/washed looking wood from the bathroom in the 1 bedrooms?? I hope not!! The whole reason we like staying at OKW is the laid back beachy feel you get from it.

Uggg....I just typed a long post about OKW and it got deleted somehow!!! So, this is short.

Are you typing from OKW? When we were there a few weeks ago, that happened to me several times and it was very frustrating. So for some reason, it seems we can only do short E-mails at OKW.

Are you typing from OKW? When we were there a few weeks ago, that happened to me several times and it was very frustrating. So for some reason, it seems we can only do short E-mails at OKW.

Yes, I'm here now and it is very frustrating!! It keeps going on and off line.

Hey Purple&Gold! We'll be at OKW from 5/25-5/30. DISboard members BTown & GoofyGirl75 from Baton Rouge will be at WDW from 5/24-5/30 & Snow Wight from Slidell will be there from 5/22-5/31. Think we should get together and have a Who Dat party?! :woohoo: "Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler!" :dancer:

We'll be at OKW in December for the Bengals game (12-5, although just arriving) and for the Rams game (12-12). It would be so much fun to get together with Saints fans to watch these games. We were in our room last year, watching the Saints/Patriots game and I'm sure they heard us yelling all the way to Downtown Disney....hehe.

Howzabout the FLA Black Bear siting??? Any news on that???:scared1:

We were there S-W of this week and when we checked in there was a memo in our room about the bear. Basically it said that if we saw it to call and let them know so they could call in animal control.

Uggg....I just typed a long post about OKW and it got deleted somehow!!! So, this is short. This is our first trip to OKW and LOVE IT!!!! The units do show lots of signs of wear and tear and not the best mousekeeping, but we still love it! The one bedrooms are huge!!! We are bldg. 37 per a recommendation I read here and have a wonderful 1st floor beautiful view. We love it and will definately be returning.

So that must mean you had a renovated room! Any pictures?

What??? Bears + snakes? :scared1: Are the paths well lit at night, coming off the bus? :scared: Brave DH isn't coming with us. ;)

So that must mean you had a renovated room! Any pictures?

No, not a renovated room. Was this suppossed to be a renovated building? It is definately not renovated, but we love it anyway! Lots of knicks and stains, but not so much to detract from my love of the huge rooms and laid back atmosphere. Headed to the pool....see ya later!:woohoo:

I really wish someone would post some GOOD still pictures so we could see the colors better etc. As I said on the orniginal thread, there are some things I like, and some I don't care for and will miss. It does still look like OKW though.

Here's a video of a renovated one-bedroom villa:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEz9ALhellc

Oh wow!!! Thanks for posting that link!

I was most shocked to see the carpet gone in the living room and the wood floor added. I'm still not so sure the dark colored table really goes as well as the headboard but it's not as bad as I first thought. The seafoam green wood on the bathroom wall isn't so bad either. The granite looks nice from what I can see of it. But the tile on the countertops didn't really bother me to begin with. I think it went with the flow. I guess my main judgment will be when we stay there again next summer! :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter