• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OKW lovers thread !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just wondering if folks have had luck wait listing HH? I have a dvc deluxe studio booked as HH is only available the last four days (8/20-8/27). I wait listed the last two nights at BCV. If I wait list HH too, is there an order in which they fill? If one wait list comes through, will it cancel out the other? New to DVC :) Thanks for help in advance!

I was just wondering if folks have had luck wait listing HH? I have a dvc deluxe studio booked as HH is only available the last four days (8/20-8/27). I wait listed the last two nights at BCV. If I wait list HH too, is there an order in which they fill? If one wait list comes through, will it cancel out the other? New to DVC :) Thanks for help in advance!

The first waitlist that comes through will be taken. But if you don't cancel the second waitlist and it comes through, it will be set up and the first one released.

:love:

p194022475-5.jpg

Going to be there in 12 days (whose counting? :lmao:)

Deb & Bill said:
The first waitlist that comes through will be taken. But if you don't cancel the second waitlist and it comes through, it will be set up and the first one released.

Thanks. I decided to go through with the second wait list (full week HH). If i understand correctly, when you go to finalize it says that whichever one goes first cancels the second. Hmmm, things to ponder.

Which is closer to main building and main pool building # 23 or building # 62?
Which building has better view? We have HH booked but also medical issue so I am not sure what to request. Elevator would probably be best for husband but wondering how far from main pool opposed to official HH buildings. So I guess what I am asking is if we get placed in 62 with elevator will the walk to main pool and main building be longer than other HH buildings in 23 section?

Which is closer to main building and main pool building # 23 or building # 62?
Which building has better view? We have HH booked but also medical issue so I am not sure what to request. Elevator would probably be best for husband but wondering how far from main pool opposed to official HH buildings. So I guess what I am asking is if we get placed in 62 with elevator will the walk to main pool and main building be longer than other HH buildings in 23 section?

62 isn't included in HHarea booking. Only 11, 12, 13, 14, 23,25, 25, 26.

62 isn't included in HHarea booking. Only 11, 12, 13, 14, 23,25, 25, 26.

Thank you for your quick response. I thought that they also used 62 as HH if there were medical issues. Between the two of us there are many so I am wondering if 62 would be better for elevator or if we would be better off in 23 section lower floor because it is closer to main pool. We are traveling with 3 grandchildren we will be spending most of time at resort and main pool.TIA- two tired grandparents in rough shape! :)

I really wouldn't recommend requesting a specific building, if it is already full the room assigner may not know why you requested it. You'd be better off requesting first floor for medical reasons.

I really wouldn't recommend requesting a specific building, if it is already full the room assigner may not know why you requested it. You'd be better off requesting first floor for medical reasons.

Thanks. I will call ms tomorrow and request first floor. How far are the hospitality buildings from the main pool? Although we own there this will be our first stay there.

Thanks. I will call ms tomorrow and request first floor. How far are the hospitality buildings from the main pool? Although we own there this will be our first stay there.

Building 11 to 14 are just across a parking area from the pool, check-in and restaurant, 23 to 26 are a fairly short walk across a bridge.

Here is a resort map:

OKWMap-January2008.jpg

Does anyone have a recent schedule of activities at OKW. We were at AKV last June and my kids really want to go see the movie at the pool but we were not there for it. I'd like to go this time around. :banana:

The movies have been at 8:00 p.m. recently -- campfire most nights at 6:00. Usually some activity in the afternoons as well. The app My Disney Experience let's you pull up some info on what is happening at OKW.

What are the request options available when doing online check-in? Thanks! If something additional needs to be requested, how is that handled? Phone? Fax?

I wanted to pop in and give a little report on our first stay at OKW. Well, it started out a little rocky.:worried: First of all, none of our requests were met, which we weren't overly surprised about. Of course, with two boys we really wanted near HH. The first place we tried was a building in the 30s. It smelled like stinky feet. :faint:. It also seemed to sit nearly on top of a busy road. We went back to the front desk and asked to try something else. We asked for anything that didn't have road noise as I hadn't slept a wink the night before and was exhausted. I just wanted a quiet place to sleep. They put us in bldg. 52. We carried all of our heavy luggage up to the third floor to find that the keys didn't work. DH left us on the porch and went back to the front desk to tell them what happened. Some woman took his keys and disappeared for what seemed like an eternity, but might have been 20-25 minutes. DH finally asked about the keys and some woman snapped at him. Another woman repeated what the first woman said to which my normally gentle DH said, "I heard her the first time." Somehow a manager got involved and DH returned with keys to let us into the room. I was so tired I didn't even care that we were on a bus turn around. I told DH to run to Walmart and buy us a fan to block the noise. He did and that took care of the problem for the week.

Everything was great after that. We loved our room! We loved the pool! We loved the workout room. We adored breakfast at Olivia's. We loved the feel of the whole place. We loved the music around the resort. We were glad to have a car so we could enjoy everything near HH without always waiting for a bus. The boys enjoyed pin trading at the gift shop and restaurant.

We will be on a tight budget this trip, and we are hoping to use the kitchen in the one bedroom villa to save some $. From the pictures, it looks like a nice and spacious kitchen. Have any of you actually used the kitchen for meals? Any tips? We will have a car, and plan on making a grocery store stop. Are there gas grills and if so, are they convenient to the villa?

We will have daily housekeeping (not on points), so I am assuming they will provide dishwashing detergent and laundry soap. I would like to bring my own coffee, is it a regular coffee maker? Are there coffee filters?

Also, My husband will be celebrating his bday on this trip, do any of the Disney bakeries deliver specialty cakes to OKW?

Also, how is Olivia's? I don't want to cook every meal :)

This is our first time in a DVC resort.

Thanks!

We just got back from OKW and stayed in the 1bdrm for the first time. It was huge!!! and the kitchen is more than enough. some of the equipment pots and pans and knives) may be bare bones but the essentials are there. If you have something you can't do with out then I suggest bring it, there is tons of storage.
One tip I suggest is get to the parks early, like rope drop early. we have accepted that we cannot sleep in and we have to get to the parks before the masses. There will still be a line to get in, but you can walk on to your favorite ride and fast-pass another and get so much done before noon this way. then head back to OKW for lunch and a nap and head back out to the park whenever you get your second wind. So many people like to sleep in and start showing up around 10-12. if you coordinate that with extra magic hours you can really get a lot done in a little bit of time.
You spoke of a tight budget but you can save a lot renting DVC points. we spend less renting at OKW then staying at a budget resort.
No matter what enjoy OKW it is the best

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter