OKW lovers thread !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the one bedrooms that only sleep four tell you that you need to provide for the fifth person. And you need to pay for that extra towel if you need it. But the one bedrooms that sleep five officially - BLT, AKV and OKW - should be given five bath towels.

Should, yep. But we weren't. Nor did we have bedding for the chair and had to ask for that as well. We were in one that sleeps 5 officially. Same problem at Vero, there we had the bedding for both the sofa and chair but were short a regular and a beach

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the new key system?

Its an RFID system whereby you simply tap your KTTW card on the lock rather than having to insert the card into the door.

WE ARE BOOKED!!!!!! April vacation in a 1 bedroom OKW villa with our name on it!

:eek::eek::eek::scared1::scared1:

Just for giggles thought I would check out flight costs...Jet Blue from prov to orlando....860 per person!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :faint: That's what we paid to fly to Russia.....Just confirms that we will once again be driving.

I thought Jet Blue was supposed to be low cost flights.

che

:eek::eek::eek::scared1::scared1:

Just for giggles thought I would check out flight costs...Jet Blue from prov to orlando....860 per person!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :faint: That's what we paid to fly to Russia.....Just confirms that we will once again be driving.

I thought Jet Blue was supposed to be low cost flights.

che

Does Southwest fly out near you? I have found most of the time the price to be cheaper....

Does Southwest fly out near you? I have found most of the time the price to be cheaper....

oh yes, they do, but the tickets aren't released that far yet...only to the week before. Even then, I have found that their fares for that week tend to be too much for what I am willing to pay for 4 tickets.

For kicks, I priced bos to hawaii for January....our 25th wedding anniversary coming up....and the prices were less!!!! Crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!

che

Just back from 12 wonderful days at OKW. We were in building 18 on the second floor in a two bedroom. Loved it. Would stay at OKW again. Never waited very long for a bus. Room was in good shape.

I'm so excited! My family and I are booked in a grand villa in the hospitality house area for August of next year! It's exactly where we wanted to be! I can't believe we got it! Just had to share my excitement! We're going to be in building 25 since that's the only building in that area that has grand villas, has anybody been in that building? How's the view? Thanks!!

I'm so excited! My family and I are booked in a grand villa in the hospitality house area for August of next year! It's exactly where we wanted to be! I can't believe we got it! Just had to share my excitement! We're going to be in building 25 since that's the only building in that area that has grand villas, has anybody been in that building? How's the view? Thanks!!

You will have a nice golf course view from there.:thumbsup2

Just back from 12 wonderful days at OKW. We were in building 18 on the second floor in a two bedroom. Loved it. Would stay at OKW again. Never waited very long for a bus. Room was in good shape.

Good to hear! And that's our typical OKW stay! I've been in a great many buildings, 18 not quit sure, I never paid attention to those details till I read these boards.

Spending pre-Thanksgiving there, requested Turtle Pond!

We're going to be in a GV in that building in 4 weeks. We've never stayed in that group of buildings before and are also excited to experience that location. Congratulations on getting what you wanted!

We were in room 2511 (a 1 bedroom) right beside the grand villa portion of the building. We quite liked the building as it had a nice view and it did not have lots of vegetation blocking the view. It was fun watching the golfers while sipping a morning coffee or an afternoon adult beverage. These are two photos taken while enjoying an early-evening beverage on the back deck.

p88990372-5.jpg

p350880104-5.jpg

It's a great building - close to the bus, close to the main pool, and nice views.

We were just in a GV in building 29 this weekend. The view from ours was of one of the holes on the golf course. Relaxing.

Just booked a 1 bdrm in December. We were originally at BLT and have never stayed at OKW.
We usually stay at BLT or the Epcot resorts.
Are there any must do/ recommendations?
Do recommend renting a car?
This is a Holiday decoration/relaxation trip.
Thanks,
Mike

Congrats on snagging a HH GV...that's our hope for June 2014...Although we had a 2 bedroom in 14, and that was just perfect in every way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter