• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

Hey cinders mum :-). I'm so excited, I really do hope we get to overlap a little, we always said we would see each other again in WDW :-)

This is my first time staying here, we have a studio for 6 nights renting DVC points. Can someone explain the mousekeeping? I hear they only come once a week? What about towels and toilet paper etc...?

This is my first time staying here, we have a studio for 6 nights renting DVC points. Can someone explain the mousekeeping? I hear they only come once a week? What about towels and toilet paper etc...?
For six nights, you will get trash and towel service on day four (day one is check in day). They wlll swap out your towels for clean ones and resupply your disposables (toilet paper, paper towels, shampoo, conditioner, soap. shower gel). They will not clean your villa or make any beds unless you pay for extra service.

I hope i am not going to regret staying at OKW....
We are going for my sons wedding and we have 7 room reservations which we linked and requested to all be in same building...
My son got there today and none of the rooms are in same building even though we requested that, and they said there are no elevator buildings left, which I requested for my husband who is recovering from radation.

Not a good start....we check in tomorrow, hope it gets better....I am so disappointed, this is a family vacation with all my sons and grandchildren...

We are going for my sons wedding and we have 7 room reservations which we linked and requested to all be in same building...
My son got there today and none of the rooms are in same building even though we requested that, and they said there are no elevator buildings left, which I requested for my husband who is recovering from radation.

Not a good start....we check in tomorrow, hope it gets better....I am so disappointed, this is a family vacation with all my sons and grandchildren...

Did you also have ground floor as an option on your request with the elevator building? They should hopefully be able to do that.

For a five night stay will we have Mousekeeping at all?
With a five night stay, on day four (day one is check in day or the day after night three), you will get Trash & Towel service. The housekeepers will replace your towels and your trash will be removed. The various supplies will be replaced (shampoo, soap, coffee, paper towels, toilet paper, etc).

If you got seven studios, it would be nearly impossible to get them all in the same building. Studios are found at the ends of the smaller buildings, so some buildings might only have four. If you got a two bedroom lockoff, they are composed of a studio and a one bedroom, so the same situation. It you booked a variety of villas, you might have a little more luck. But even then it could be tough depending on what is available when you check in.

As for your husband, did you book the building as a medical need? If it was just a request that you added to your reservation, you might not get it. But you might get a first floor villa if that works.

So it all depends on what size villa you booked.

Us, since 1998. Things are changing, my one and only (18) is graduating from high school May 20th and I've booked him and 5 of his friends into an OKW 2BR for the week of August 2. The 6 of them are all going to different colleges and this will be their special time without parental supervision :sad::) . They've all grown up with us sharing our DVC accommodations, so this a graduation present to them all! I love my DVC and I love, love OKW!

What a great gift.
They've all worked so hard to get to this point, they are amazing young people, most of them I've known since the age of four! They deserve it and I'm so glad that through DVC I'm able to do it.

O.K. no matter what I do, I can't get rid of the 2014 vacation references. I deleted, saved, input new, saved again...No getting anywhere!

Us, since 1998. Things are changing, my one and only (18) is graduating from high school May 20th and I've booked him and 5 of his friends into an OKW 2BR for the week of August 2. The 6 of them are all going to different colleges and this will be their special time without parental supervision :sad::) . They've all grown up with us sharing our DVC accommodations, so this a graduation present to them all! I love my DVC and I love, love OKW!
We did something similar, but we stayed with the kids. We had a GV and brought eight friends (in two cars and a UHaul trailer for luggage). Hard to believe it was four years ago and our son is now graduating from college and starting a Disney internship five days after graduation.

Our youngest daughter is graduating this year from HS, so we booked a studio in June for her and three of her friends. Any suggestions for room requests? I know they are planning some pool time and I'm thinking that they should be relatively close to HH to make it easier if they need anything. I've never stayed so I'm not really sure, just basing it on looking at maps.

Our youngest daughter is graduating this year from HS, so we booked a studio in June for her and three of her friends. Any suggestions for room requests? I know they are planning some pool time and I'm thinking that they should be relatively close to HH to make it easier if they need anything. I've never stayed so I'm not really sure, just basing it on looking at maps.
Sure HH is a great option, we over the course of 50+ stays prefer to be away from HH, at 18 the kids are done with the pool slide so we prefer Turtle Pond near the snack bar/not so quiet pool! I think the girls will love it no matter what bldg. In or near HH they will be close to the general store and Olivia's, the main pool and the HH bus stop! Congratulations, and next college graduation!

Thanks for the reply! After looking at it, I think they may enjoy Turtle Pond as well. Like you said -they aren't into the slide and the pool looks nice over at TP ... The snack shack is a bonus. Is it possible for them to catch a bus from TP to HH and vice versa? Do they run every 20 mins or so?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter