• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

Is anyone able to tell me the bus route (order of the stops) when leaving for the parks and then when returning from the parks please? I can't quite follow anything I've read about this....... Also. How far is the walk from the Turtle Pond area to Hospitality House? I think I may request this area as I like the idea of the quiet pool with some access to food. Finally can we ask for our luggage to be brought to the room by Bell Services (I know we need to tip). Coming from the UK for a three week trip and will have 6 suitcases and four sets of cabin bags. Thanks :)

Arriving and leaving the parks - Peninsula Road, South Point, Turtle Pond, Millers Road, Hospitality House except for DTD/Typhoon Lagoon bus which goes the other way.
It's about 10/15 minute walk from Turtle Pond area.
When you arrive bell srvices will take you and your luggage in a golf cart to your room and help you into your room with your luggage. This was a very exciting way to arrive!
We stayed in Millers Road which was closer to HH and good bus service, however I would also be tempted with quick service at Turtle Pond for snacks and drink refills as we like to use the quiet pool.

Arriving and leaving the parks - Peninsula Road, South Point, Turtle Pond, Millers Road, Hospitality House except for DTD/Typhoon Lagoon bus which goes the other way.
When you arrive bell srvices will take you and your luggage in a golf cart to your room and help you into your room with your luggage. This was a very exciting way to arrive!
We stayed in Millers Road which was closer to HH and good bus service, however I would also be tempted with quick service at Turtle Pond for snacks and drink refills as we like to use the quiet pool.
Thank you :)

Are are there buildings near the HH that have nice views....

We are paying cash but would like to try and get a villa closer to the main pool..

How are the ones with the elevators are they far from main pool area..

So confused on which area to try and request...would love some time of view...but centrally located.

We are about 2 weeks out
If you are paying cash, you won't get HHArea villas (11-14, 22-26). 62, 63 and 64 are the newest villas (built about 2000) and they have an elevator, but are usually reserved for medical needs. They are right across the road from the HH. 15 and 16 or 27, 28 and 29 are all closer to the main pool. All five of these have a golf course view.

The DTD/Internal bus isn't quite opposite. Usually HH, Millers Road, Peninsular Road, South Point, Turtle Pond and then HH again.

Is anyone able to tell me the bus route (order of the stops) when leaving for the parks and then when returning from the parks please? I can't quite follow anything I've read about this....... Also. How far is the walk from the Turtle Pond area to Hospitality House? I think I may request this area as I like the idea of the quiet pool with some access to food. Finally can we ask for our luggage to be brought to the room by Bell Services (I know we need to tip). Coming from the UK for a three week trip and will have 6 suitcases and four sets of cabin bags. Thanks :)
Turtle Pond pool isn't too far, maybe 1/2 mile from HH (about ten minute walk). The Turtle Shack isn't open all the time; it was closed when we were there towards the end of March.

If you are paying cash, you won't get HHArea villas (11-14, 22-26). 62, 63 and 64 are the newest villas (built about 2000) and they have an elevator, but are usually reserved for medical needs. They are right across the road from the HH. 15 and 16 or 27, 28 and 29 are all closer to the main pool. All five of these have a golf course view.

We have booked off the Disney UK site and others who have done this have definitely had HH rooms allocated to them. I don't know how common that is but it happens for certain.

Hi OKW Lovers!

I've got an October 2015 trip booked for myself, my wife, DS5, DD2, mother, father and brother in law in a 2 bedroom near HH category.

What are your thoughts regarding staying on the ground floor versus staying on the top floor? If you're on the ground floor, how noisy does it get from the units above you (aka - pitter patter of feet... my toddler is a light sleeper and kids running around the floor above us might wake her up)?

My brother in law and I can easily lug the stroller up a couple of flights of stairs if need be.

Thanks in advance. Can't wait to stay at OKW!

If you don't mind lugging the stroller and the kids at the end of the day I would request an upper floor.

I think we definitely want an upper floor....looking at the map, how are the views on Pennisular road.as opposed to the buildings with the elevators, and which elevator building has the better views.

The views we had on Peninsula HH area were water. We had great golf course views too. Had several balls land near our ground floor patio. We actually saw our sons playing golf on the course.

Ok, can someone tell me how I can get a 3bdrm near the pool and bus stop? My husband has breathing problems and my daughter in law has MS so we are rentin g two scooters and I would like to be close to the busstopo and the pool because she has two little ones. If someone can give me a room request that would help alot.

You may lose the Hospitality House area.
Because this is a booking category, and not a request, I don't think they'll be moved unless there is a maintenance issue that takes their HH villa out of service unexpectedly, even if they check "first available."

Ok, can someone tell me how I can get a 3bdrm near the pool and bus stop? My husband has breathing problems and my daughter in law has MS so we are rentin g two scooters and I would like to be close to the busstopo and the pool because she has two little ones. If someone can give me a room request that would help alot.
Most of the Grand Villas start on the second floor, except for a few handicap accessible ones and the elevator building GV. So you need a first floor GV with scooters or a GV in an elevator building. And only one bedroom is on the first floor. All the pools are handy to the villas, as are the bus stops. It looks like 63 and 48 are the only buildings with HCA GV.

The views we had on Peninsula HH area were water. We had great golf course views too. Had several balls land near our ground floor patio. We actually saw our sons playing golf on the course.
So it seems Peninsular Road may be the way to go....for DH sake I would have liked an elevator, but I really want a good view...hmmm.

Ok, can someone tell me how I can get a 3bdrm near the pool and bus stop? My husband has breathing problems and my daughter in law has MS so we are renting two scooters and I would like to be close to the busstop and the pool because she has two little ones. If someone can give me a room request that would help alot.

Hi, wonder if anyone can help?
I have a cash booking for a 1 bedroom villa but plans have changed and a 2BR would suit us better. There are no cash 2 BRs available so if I was to book a studio using points is there any chance we would be able to have them connecting or at least in the same building?

Tell your reservation agent what you need and have the two rooms listed as traveling together. That will alert the room assigner. But if there are no two bedrooms available chances are they won't be connecting but in the same building. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter