OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

Someone posted a photo of Goods to Go with it boarded up for renovations right now. It might not be open.

While Goods to Go is closed, they have one of those food service trucks parked nearby with mostly the same menu that Goods to Go had.

what building are the grand villas located in?

The buildings outlined in yellow on the map below have Grand Villas.

OKWMap-January2008.jpg

While Goods to Go is closed, they have one of those food service trucks parked nearby with mostly the same menu that Goods to Go had.

I'd like to see the renovation pictures, too, as well as the food service trucks. I'll be coming back with lots of photos. ;)

Silly me. I confused goods to go with the gurgling suitcase. It's the gurgling suitcase that I wish was expanding. How big does Olivia's really need to be? Jmo

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Silly me. I confused goods to go with the gurgling suitcase. It's the gurgling suitcase that I wish was expanding. How big does Olivia's really need to be? Jmo

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I thought they were expanding the Gurgling Suitcase to enclose the open area right outside.

How long is Goods scheduled to be closed ? That might affect our grocery order in a few weeks.

We stayed here for the first time January 6-15, and loved, loved, loved it. We were in the HH section right across from the bus stop. I just found the entire area to be so lush and beautiful; I'd go back there in a heartbeat!

Hi everyone :wave2: My DH and I are planning on staying at OKW 4/29 through 5/8 in a 1 BDRM villa. :banana: We are not DVC owners, nor have we ever stayed at a DVC resort. Therefore, we will be booking directly through Disney.

I'm somewhat confused, however, about housekeeping. Since we are booking through Disney, we will definitely have daily housekeeping?

I think we will would like to stay in building 56 - close to quiet pool and close to bus stop. Any negatives to requesting this building? If so, would you suggest another area? We are in our late 40s, and don't have really any problems with walking/getting around.

In terms of ground floor rooms, have you noticed any problems with insects getting in through the closed patio doors (able to get in under the door)?

Also, we are smokers. I think I read somewhere (not in this part 2 thread) that smoking is permitted outside each building. Can anyone confirm if that is accurate?

Thanks for any advice/answers. We are very excited. This is our first deluxe stay -- celebrating our 5 year anniversary. Really looking forward to this! Thanks again :worship::worship:

Jeanette

Also, we are smokers. I think I read somewhere (not in this part 2 thread) that smoking is permitted outside each building. Can anyone confirm if that is accurate?

the map above shows the designated smoking areas.

Hi all!

Me, my DH and 6 yo DS will be staying at OKW June 27th - July 4th. We are transferring in through RCI. I was so excited when I acquired this booking, as the DVC resorts are the most difficult to book into through RCI.

I was just wondering if you are able to see the Illuminations firework show from any of the units? Another thing I was wondering, since I transferred in through RCI, if I would be able to put in a request for a room preference? I would really like to be near one of the pools and have a room where we could maybe see some fireworks at night.

Also, are there any must do activities that you would suggest? I really appreciate any and all help that you can give. Thanks for all the help and for sharing your "home" with my family. Can't wait to start making those new Disney memories.

Thanks,

Michelle :cool1:

Hi everyone :wave2: My DH and I are planning on staying at OKW 4/29 through 5/8 in a 1 BDRM villa. :banana: We are not DVC owners, nor have we ever stayed at a DVC resort. Therefore, we will be booking directly through Disney.

I'm somewhat confused, however, about housekeeping. Since we are booking through Disney, we will definitely have daily housekeeping?

I think we will would like to stay in building 56 - close to quiet pool and close to bus stop. Any negatives to requesting this building? If so, would you suggest another area? We are in our late 40s, and don't have really any problems with walking/getting around.

In terms of ground floor rooms, have you noticed any problems with insects getting in through the closed patio doors (able to get in under the door)?

Thanks for any advice/answers. We are very excited. This is our first deluxe stay -- celebrating our 5 year anniversary. Really looking forward to this! Thanks again :worship::worship:

Jeanette

We stayed in 56 this past October...very convenient! We were in the ground floor studio with a direct view of the pool. No bug problems at all. Our friends with two kids were directly above us, and we never heard them, either. Laundry was super convenient--two washers and four dryers right next door. Bus stop is right there, and you'll see the bus you want and have about 90 seconds grace period while it passes the stop and turns around before coming to the bus stop.

And yes, smoking outside each building, which would have been very convenient if we hadn't switched to vaping about two months earlier. :)

Having booked through Disney, you will get daily housekeeping. In that area, building 55 is also a good choice. You would not hear the bus noise as much but on the other hand sometimes there is too much noise coming from the spa. The trail to Downtown Disney starts there if you like to walk. Ask for a top floor if you want to minimize insect problems. You will also get a nice canal view. There is a designated smoking area nearby.

Jeanette

Thanks for the responses! I did notice the designated smoking symbols on the map, and that is also where I read that smoking was also permitted outside each building. Just wanted to confirm that there are ashtrays at the buildings, as we do not smoke in non-designated areas.

Thanks for recommending the upper floor -- I've already talked to DH about that.

You all are very helpful. Thanks again, everyone! I'm sure I'll have additional questions and will be here to pester you guys for a while. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter