OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

...It sounds like it's unlikely we would get into an elevator building, so If we get a ground level studio, (my ideal) would we definitely be getting no tub? It's not the end of the world, but not ideal with our young kiddos (4&2).

And since it doesn't sound like an elevator room is likely, what would you suggest for a room request? I'm sure my kids would love the big pool slide, but unless we can hold them in our lap, (is that allowed??) then I would think the turtle pond area would be better... But I don't want to be too far from a bus stop. Are the rooms closest to a pool at the turtle area a far walk to the bus stop? I've looked at the map and that part is the only thing I haven't figured out :)

HH category wasn't available... So I think I've ranked it like this:
Elevator buildings (worth requesting or forget it??)
Turtle pond (as long as it's not too far from a bus stop)
A request for Peninsular road.

I'd put ground floor and tub as the first two requests. Just to make sure you do get a tub in the studio.

It seems as though we always are offered Turtle Pond when we get to OKW. It's a larger area. You will be near the Turtle Shack and the pool there seems a bit larger.

One thing about the bus stops, none are very far from any of the villas.

As for the pool side, you won't be able to go down with your children on any of the slide at WDW. Only one at a time is permitted. And you can't stand at the end to catch the children. You can stand off to the side, but not right at the end.

Can anyone tell me the building number that til the place of the sales building. I know it's in the 60's. But can't remember it precisely.

Thanks Chuck & Deb &Bill!!

Anyone have a list of "must sees" or things to do around the resort! We want to be sure to get the full experience.

Can anyone tell me the building number that til the place of the sales building. I know it's in the 60's. But can't remember it precisely.

When they tore down the Commorodore House, they built three buildings. 62, 63 and 64. And rerouted the road.

Thanks Chuck & Deb &Bill!!

Anyone have a list of "must sees" or things to do around the resort! We want to be sure to get the full experience.

Don't forget to check out the Community Hall and see what activities they have scheduled. And it's easy to pedal one of the surrey bikes around OKW. No hills.

When they tore down the Commorodore House, they built three buildings. 62, 63 and 64. And rerouted the road. Don't forget to check out the Community Hall and see what activities they have scheduled. And it's easy to pedal one of the surrey bikes around OKW. No hills.

Is there anything I can do to request a specific unit?

Is there anything I can do to request a specific unit?

You can request a specific unit via Member Services, but there are absolutely no guarantees. And if that unit is not available when you check-in, the room assigner will have no idea why your requested that unit and you're back to square one. It is much better to make your requests more general in nature, like "Old Turtle Pond, near bus stop" and so forth, rather than requesting a specific building or unit.

DH just asked if we can plan our days so we have a relaxing afternoon everyday at the resort. Ummm, already done. :goodvibes OKW looks like the kind of place that you want some time to just hang out. :cloud9: 11 days!!!!!!!!!

We are booking a trip for November of this year. I was wondering when we will place our room request? Do we do it when we do online check in?

I didn't see a place when we booked our rooms online through member services. Do I need to call them?

You can send them an email throught the member website (use Contact Us link). Include the reservation number and make any requests. It's quicker and they should get back to you in a few days.

We arrive in 7 days :cool1: and I have a few questions...
- Besides Olivia's are there any other hot breakfast options at this resort?
- I purchased my stay via a travel site, will we get housekeeping service daily?
- Approximately how far (minutes) walk is it to DTD?

:lovestruc Thank you

- I purchased my stay via a travel site, will we get housekeeping service daily?

There is a counter service option for breakfast behind Olivia's, on the Turtle Crawl boardwalk called Good's to Go.

For housekeeping, it depends upon the website, if it is a site that rents DVC reservations made with points by an owner (like David's DVC Rentals) then no, you will not receive daily housekeeping. If you purchased through a regular travel website, like Orbit, Travelocity, and so forth, then yes, you you will get daily housekeeping.

There is boat that runs from the area behind Olivia's to Downtown Disney, however, if you prefer to walk to DtD, is about a mile from where the path starts by OKW Building 55.

Someone posted a photo of Goods to Go with it boarded up for renovations right now. It might not be open. Just use your kitchen in your villa.

If you walk to DTD, do it during the day. The path isn't lit at night. And you need to stay off the cart paths and golf course as well.

Someone posted a photo of Goods to Go with it boarded up for renovations right now. It might not be open. Just use your kitchen in your villa. If you walk to DTD, do it during the day. The path isn't lit at night. And you need to stay off the cart paths and golf course as well.

I hope they are making it bigger!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I hope they are making it bigger!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Not sure how they would make it much bigger without eliminating or taking space from the tiny Gurgling Suitcase or equally small workout room.

Not sure how they would make it much bigger without eliminating or taking space from the tiny Gurgling Suitcase or equally small workout room.

They are also reconfiguring the gurgling suitcase and the smoking area next to Gurgling suitcase, outside the doors of Olivia's is being roofed over. I am dying to see some pictures, apparently the bridge over the pool is gone already.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter