OKW - live report

Last night around 9pm we heard something being stuffed around our door jam. It was one of those pizza companies soliciting business so I called "Front Desk" to ask them to contact security. The comment made was "Oh, not again!"

We were just at SSR 12/1-12/3, on our last day we had a total of 4 different pizza menu's that were shoved under our door during our stay. Left them on the little shelf by the door. Not sure if mousekeeping does anything with them.

Cyndi

Another great day in paradise! Temp was 81° with 82° predicted for tomorrow and then a cool-down (low 70's) for Thurs/Fri/Sat.

I rode shotgun in the Owner's Locker Purple Van today. We made deliveries to OKW, SSR, CSR, BWV, VWL, CR, Jambo and Kidani. They have really gotten busy with new locker deliveries since their partnership with DVC. Both Lockers and Strollers businesses have been good.

We went to the Merry Member Mixer this afternoon. The venue this year is the pavilion between Canada and Gr. Britain. It is a great facility and the DVC crowd was the largest we have experienced for a Member Mixer over the years. We got to see several DISers enjoying the event. When leaving , we got our 2011 pewter DVC ornament to put on our tree when we get home. Outside, it was "snowing" on our way back around World Showcase - with the help of a little Disney "magic".

After the party we took a stroll around World Showcase and then headed over to BCV to catch a bus to DD for another Earl of Sandwich meal. (DVC discount is 10% or 15% for those with a AAA membership card.)

Tomorrow we plan to go to DHS for the Osborne Lights.

This one had a car and was just going building-to-building in each area. Security should certainly be able to do something about that.

You would think so, I guess they would have to be in the same area when they are doing it.

We check into OKW tomorrow... thanks for the preview!

See you at DISApalooza Saturday night?!?

Doc and Mrs. Doc Happy 41st Anniversary! Hopefully someday our paths will cross at OKW or HH.

82° and sunny today. We had a meeting this morning and planned to head over to DHS for the Osborne lights around 4:30. The weather front passed thru around that time, the wind picked up and it started to rain. We waited awhile and started for DHS when the rain let up, but it started again while we were at the bus stop - so we just went to DD for dinner.

Tomorrow's prediction is for 69° and then back into the low 70's Friday and Saturday. We'll head over to the Annual Meeting at 2pm. Dinner will be at O'hana with friends tomorrow evening.

Hopefully we'll still get to the Osborne Lights the next few nights.

It was cool this morning, but comfortable by afternoon. High was around 70°.

I got to ride on the OL Purple Van again today and made deliveries at OKW, SSR, POP, BWV, BCV, VWL, BLT, Jambo, Kidani and Marriott Cypress Garden.

We went to the DVC Annual Meeting today and saw Diane Schlicht and DH there. Dinner tonite was at 'Ohana with Daddio (DW and DD) and DVC Mike (DW). Great meal and even better company.

74° predicted for the next 2 days. No big plans, just enjoy WDW for a few more days before our return to reality. We visited CR, Poly and GF today to enjoy the Christmas decor. Will also get over to VWL to take in the spectacular lobby there.

Glad to hear you're having a good time, hope you both enjoy the rest of the trip. Thanks for the reports:)

Last night around 9pm we heard something being stuffed around our door jam. It was one of those pizza companies soliciting business so I called "Front Desk" to ask them to contact security. The comment made was "Oh, not again!"

The thing I fail to understand is why the guard gate allows these companies to enter the resort in the first place. I suppose they can always claim to be making a delivery, but surely security can do a better job checking to see what they are delivering! :rolleyes:

We've been here since Saturday afternoon, and we've had three pizza flyers shoved under our door so far - all from the same company.

I am just back from a 9 day stay at OKW and had the pizza leaflets twice. I just assumed someone had come in on the bus with them; far less obvious and easy to do.

Had a wonderful time with great weather but those roman blinds/shades don't get any easier or less annoying :rolleyes1

Thanks for posting, I love a live TR.

More than likely, they're delivering a pizza and then delivering flyers. There's no way for the guards to do anything about this, unless they follow them in and out (and that's not going to happen).

The weather was really very nice today. High was about 74° with sunny conditions.

We went back to the MK this morning and the crowds were moderate. We were able to do a number of attractions with minimal wait times (no longer than 15 minutes) at POTC, JC, ETR and CBJ. We had lunch at Columbia Harbour House and then took a bus back to OKW.

After a short break, we headed over to DHS to see the Osborne Family Light Spectacular. We were able to get into the area at the far end of New York Street to enjoy the show by "Mulch, Sweat and Shears" and then the Osborne program started promptly at 6:00pm. As always, the lights are wonderful and the crowd responded with a unanimous "Ooh and Aah" when they began along with the snow. There are over 5 million lights this year!

Afterwards we were able to walk onto GMR followed by a 25 wait at TSM (where we ran into WebmasterKathy in the wait queue). We also took in the One Man's Dream attraction, where there have been some minor changes since our last visit.

One more day before we return to reality (where the temperatures are in the teens right now). :(

We are here now too! Millers road building21. I have to say the location is perfect. Its Short walk to a pool and the bus stop. Great view across to what I think is HH WITH A FOUNTAIN AND GOLF COURSE. In betwee:happytv:n.sorry for the bad typing I am on my phone lol

We are here now too! Millers road building21. I have to say the location is perfect. Its Short walk to a pool and the bus stop. Great view across to what I think is HH WITH A FOUNTAIN AND GOLF COURSE. In betwee:happytv:n.sorry for the bad typing I am on my phone lol

We just checked out of 2125 on Friday; truly a great location. Enjoy your stay!

We're heading for home in a little while. The Concierge Desk printed boarding passes for us yesterday, but we also had another set of passes included with our final bill this morning.

It is 64° here (going up to 75°) at OKW right now and 22° (maxing out at 29°) at home. :(

We are checking out today as well. Our room, 2314 has been wonderful. I love the location. We have been catching the bus at the hospitality house so that we don't have to go through the whole resort and then getting off at the first stop right by our room on the way back. I would highly recommend this building. We have had a great trip in WDW and are making our way to a 4-day cruise this afternoon. We have had no major issues and actually when my daughter got sick and all the sheets had to be taken off the bed I put them in the breezeway and housekeeping came right over and picked them up, with no complaints. It had been awhile since we stayed at our home resort and now that we have come back I am so happy we did.

However, the crowds have been somewhat busy. I can say we have seen cheerleaders on every corner. It just makes moving around more difficult to navigate with the big groups.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter