OKW is for relaxing

Tiki Sean

Disney Podcaster Enchanted Tiki Talk
I have stayed at Old Key West numerous times over the years. The one thing that always amazes me how many people use the resort to just relax and not visit the parks. Granted most of them are older but do you feel like you can relax more at this resort?

Personally I know I always feel that way. The resort gives off that vibe and often enough i can go an hour without seeing someone.

I can relax at any of the resorts. IMHO, all resorts can be relaxing or as busy as you choose to be.

We love OKW for that exact reason.. We totally relax when we are there and love how nice and friendly everyone is.. So far we have not done a resort only trip, we always go to the parks but we know that spending most of our time at OKW would be totally fine too..

The one thing that always amazes me how many people use the resort to just relax and not visit the parks. Granted most of them are older but do you feel like you can relax more at this resort?

Uh oh, geezer troll alert!!! :stir:

I agree with com_op_2000 that any DVC resort can be relaxing. Well, maybe not VWL with the construction for the next two years but most of 'em! :)

Uh oh, geezer troll alert!!! :stir:

I agree with com_op_2000 that any DVC resort can be relaxing. Well, maybe not VWL with the construction for the next two years but most of 'em! :)

Haha, I love the older folks not that I am a spring chicken. But I always have great conversations with them.

In the summer we would go to Cape Cod for a relaxing,low key vacation. My DH would often refer to OKW as our Cape Cod in Florida.

This past October my DH and I went, and it was HOT. Pretty much every single day of our trip we went to the Turtle pond pool. Every single day that we were there, which was 9 days in a row, there was a large group of people (between 7-11 adults) there that had clearly set up shop for the day. They were always there when we got there, and stayed after we left, and sometimes we were there for 3 or four hours. We surmised that they must not be going to the parks, or if they were, they were clearly not spending a lot of time there. Maybe they were like us, and just went to parks in the AM, but I got the sense that they had been at the pool all day-and intended to stay all day. We started calling them the pool-people :-)

It looked like they were having an absolute blast. They had snacks and drinks, and it just looked like a great time! I would love a vacation like that!

I'm so glad to hear this! Whenever we go to OKW, I think of how I could just stay there and relax and not go to the parks. DH thinks I couldn't do it, but I'm going to show him this thread-
I have stayed at Old Key West numerous times over the years. The one thing that always amazes me how many people use the resort to just relax and not visit the parks. Granted most of them are older but do you feel like you can relax more at this resort?

Personally I know I always feel that way. The resort gives off that vibe and often enough i can go an hour without seeing someone.

And Nanajo1, we also used to go to Cape Cod every summer and relax for a week. Since we moved so far away now, I really miss it! Maybe that's one reason I love OKW-the reminder of The Cape..

In the summer we would go to Cape Cod for a relaxing,low key vacation. My DH would often refer to OKW as our Cape Cod in Florida.

My wife loves the Cape and Loves Old Key West as well. Its just a perfect laid back resort.

I'm so glad to hear this! Whenever we go to OKW, I think of how I could just stay there and relax and not go to the parks. DH thinks I couldn't do it, but I'm going to show him this thread-

And Nanajo1, we also used to go to Cape Cod every summer and relax for a week. Since we moved so far away now, I really miss it! Maybe that's one reason I love OKW-the reminder of The Cape..

I don't know if I could do a whole week without hitting the parks but I can do a few days there. Plus downtown Disney is just a boat ride away.

We LOVE OKW for that very reason! We can relax all day long at the pool, then stroll over to Downtown Disney at night.

We go to OKW every March and usually stay 7 to 10 days. We might go to the parks one day out of our time there. We always get a villa close to Hospitality House so we can walk easily to pool. We play tennis every day, swim, workout, read, tske the boat to DD for dinner many nights. We love it!

OKW is just so cool! I don't think there are any "bad" DVC resorts, but OKW is certainly one of the best ones. :earsboy:

I can't see there's much difference in Americans coming to OKW for a 'sun holiday' than most Brits heading to Spain or eqivalent to 'bake their brains out' on the beach for a week or fortnight. Personally I think the latter is a waste of time and money. At least coming to OKW you're in Disney and if you want to go off to a park for a few hours every day, then it's there waiting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!