Okay, so we liked Sci Fi... Go figure

HunnyPots

DIS Veteran<br><font color=purple>The Tag Fairy is
No one was more surprised than me after all the negative reviews I'd read on these boards, but we really enjoyed Sci Fi Dine In!

We had an ADR for 11:00 on Monday, July 10. We arrived about 10 minutes before and were seated within minutes. We got a car on the first row, which we all thought was pretty cool. Loved the atmosphere! Our waiter took our drink orders right away. A beer for DH and a coke for DS15 and diet coke for DD18 and I.We studied the menu while we waited for our drinks. Oh - it was also not as dark as I'd read it would be; no trouble reading the menu at all!
We started with an order of onion rings to share.They were hot and crispy - just perfect! DH got the Ruben, DD got the chicken Caesar salad, DS got the ribs and I mooched a little off each of them! Well, you know... if I was gonna review this place I'd better know what I was talking about, right? ;)
DH thought his ruben sandwich was one of the best he'd had; I agreed, it was very good. DS loved the ribs, very tender and meaty. I also thought they were pretty good, not the best I've had but good. DD enjoyed her salad very much, and believe me, she knows her chicken caesars! I would have liked a little more dressing but it was still very good.
We took our time and enjoyed the movie clips and the "drive-in" atmosphere. Very cool!
We all agreed that we will put this one on our "to do again" list.

Thanks for the review. We also agree! On our last trip this was a highlight - which totally surprised us, as we expected to not enjoy after the reviews, but alas, we loved it! And it's a must stop for us now!

Best,
Brando

I absolutely love Sci-Fi. They have the best milkshakes I have ever tasted and I loved the food. I don't see why people say it's bad. Oh well! :) :wizard:

Havent tried it in case DD is scared of the movie clips. I actually saw this in a UK WDW review listed as a must do during your trip!

DS & I ate at SciFi last Aug. DS wants to go back so this Aug DH will be coming with us

Thanks for the review. We are going to try the Sci-fi for the first time this August and I have been a little nervous with all the bad reviews.

I've been to Sci-Fi at least a half dozen times and I haven't had a bad experience yet. The worst thing about Sci-Fi is the prices, but they're in line with everything else at Disney. We've always had great service, always been sat in a car, never had to wait more than 10-15 minutes, and it's always a great mid-day stop to get you out of the heat and the bright sun for a little while. The food is usually better than average, if not the best thing you've ever tasted and it always leaves me satisfied and refreshed for the rest of the day. So two thumbs up for Sci-Fi here. :thumbsup2 I've never really understood all the bad reviews.

Btw, for the poster who was worried the clips would be too frightening, they're really not - many are actually cartoons anyway and there's so much to look at, your child will be easily distracted from the screen.

I"m so glad to hear that you had a great time...I was a little worried too...we have this scheduled for our December trip and read some really bad reviews... :confused3 but we'd eaten there 3 years ago and DH and DD loved it although oddly enough don't remember the food... :rotfl: (neither do I but I remember loving the atmosphere... :cool1:

Happy it worked out... :sunny:

I'm glad to see Sci-Fi getting good reviews lately, too. DS is so excited to try the place this year that I want it to be good for his sake! Eh, he's 8 and not a picky eater, so as long as he sees the movie clips he'll be satisfied! Thanks for the review!

I am soooo happy to see that there are some GOOD reviews for Sci-Fi!! I booked an ADR, under sufferance, for a dinner in Sept. Our DS10 has ALWAYS wanted to try this place! :banana: I'm now actually looking forward to this meal!! Thanks for the GREAT review!! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the review! :thumbsup2 We will be trying Sci-fi for the frist time in a couple of months. I am glad you enjoyed it, and hopefully we will as well.

We really like Sci-Fi as well. Now it is our first day tradition! We check-in and go straight to MGM and RnR and TOT then over to Sci-Fi. My boys really love this place!

Kelly

:cool1: Also glad to hear the good reviews any restaurant can have a bad day and the kids really want to go for the cars tables. The menu looks fine for us and as we are onDDP the price is right!! I hope to try the milkshakes . Can you get them as your drink onDDP? :moped: :moped: :moped: :dance3: :goodvibes :goodvibes

Thank you for the review.
We have an ADR of Sci-Fi this August, I am pretty excited to try it, because my DH is a Sci-Fi geek, and the kids and I like the idea of sitting in cars, enjoying the B-movie clips, pretending we are at a Drive In :teeth:
With all the bad reviews Sci-Fi gets, I was worried. I feel better now.

I think it is a mind set. We thoroughly enjoyed it. It was our first day in the parks(ever!!!!) and we thoroughly loved the ambience. We were on the dining plan so we had already paid for food so you don"t notice the prices. It was so fun, and the food was good. I think anyone who is going in thinking it is going to be anymore than what it is is in for a sad experience, but why go if you are going to hate it. Your husband will probably love it...and thanks to the OP for jumping out against a sea of descent and going for it. Yay!!!

We also love it and eat there on every trip, one of the kids favorite places and the Onoin Rings are the BEST!!

I'm glad you liked it. We have been a bunch of times and one time it was just ok, all of the other times it was really good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter