OK...where to eat on DHS day (TS)????

67mike

Mouseketeer
From the sounds of things.........

The Derby is the only decent restraunt in DHS?????

I am cancelling my dinner res at H&V..

So, should I just book somewhere else on that day (I do not want to use 2 credits to eat at derby).:confused3

Thanks

We are twice at 50s Primetime Diner and the food and atmosphere was good both times. We were there in August and March.

We are twice at 50s Primetime Diner and the food and atmosphere was good both times. We were there in August and March.

We ate there last time.....Really enjoyed the place. Desert was HEAVENLY and Huge! The food was....decent.

We are looking to try new experiences/venues this time.:cool1:

I was torn between Sci-Fi and 50's Prime Time, I went with Sci-Fi. I haven't been yet so I can't tell you if it was a good choice. ;) We're also doing the character meal at H&V.

I was torn between Sci-Fi and 50's Prime Time, I went with Sci-Fi. I haven't been yet so I can't tell you if it was a good choice. ;) We're also doing the character meal at H&V.

Sorry to dissapoint, but both those get dreadful reviews.:confused3

I have eaten at HBBD, 50s and Sci Fi plenty of times. HBBD is more upscale and expensive with a different caliber of offerings but it's not the "only" place to eat. Sci Fi has a great atmosphere and the burgers and shakes are decent. Nothing to rave about but we are talking burgers and shakes. 50s is fine too. I have had their chicken, the pot pie, the roast beef and the stuffed pepper. All were fine but I liked the chicken the best. Two years ago we took my best friend and her husband and did a lot of signature dining and they both thought 50s was the best meal of the trip.

I am huge Brown Derby proponent, but have also eaten at Prime Time and it's not bad for what it is. Have heard the same not so positive things about H&V and Sci Fi as you have. I haven't tried Mama Melrose, but seems to get fairly solid marks. What about trying there?

I have eaten at HBBD, 50s and Sci Fi plenty of times. HBBD is more upscale and expensive with a different caliber of offerings but it's not the "only" place to eat. Sci Fi has a great atmosphere and the burgers and shakes are decent. Nothing to rave about but we are talking burgers and shakes. 50s is fine too. I have had their chicken, the pot pie, the roast beef and the stuffed pepper. All were fine but I liked the chicken the best. Two years ago we took my best friend and her husband and did a lot of signature dining and they both thought 50s was the best meal of the trip.

We ate at 50's. Very good atmosphere. Lovely and HUGE desert. Food was not memorable at all. Unlike Boma.

I am huge Brown Derby proponent, but have also eaten at Prime Time and it's not bad for what it is. Have heard the same not so positive things about H&V and Sci Fi as you have. I haven't tried Mama Melrose, but seems to get fairly solid marks. What about trying there?

Mamm's is a possibility. We are in the park, so dinner there would be easiest.

OR, you could walk or take the boat to the Boardwalk area if you really want something different than MM or HBD. There you could choose from Kouzzina, Brewing Company, Cap May, Yachtsman's Steakhouse, Crew's Cup, etc., etc.

I know, thanks! :) ;) H&V we are doing for the characters for my DD and Sci-Fi for the "drive-in" atmosphere. We thought it seemed more fun than 50s.

50's is actually something I'd say to do at least once.

Really "neat" atmosphere. Decent food. Killer desert.:banana:

OR, you could walk or take the boat to the Boardwalk area if you really want something different than MM or HBD. There you could choose from Kouzzina, Brewing Company, Cap May, Yachtsman's Steakhouse, Crew's Cup, etc., etc.

OK...out of these what is best 1 credit TS????:cheer2:

Ha! Well, I'm not a dining plan person, I have TIW, so I don't know off the top of my head, but I'd imagine the Steakhouse and Flying Fish are probably 2 TS. I'm not sure which places are on the plan, but the Captain's Grille at the Yacht Club gets high marks (I haven't been there for several years, not since it was the Galley or something, but it was good then, and I've seen several yummy reviews lately.) Cape May has a Clambake themed buffet for dinner that's pretty good. Are you looking at dinner or lunch?

I just advised a friend making their ressies this week to cancel the H&V one they have and head over to Cape May instead. Last fall they were testing out crab legs on the buffet while we were there. I've since read they are now have a permanent spot on the buffet. Very good and also have non-seafood items on the buffet - prime rib, potatoes, etc. 1 table service. Cape May is my vote!

Don't be disheartened by your choices due to negative reviews. EVERY single Disney restaurant, even places like Jiko, have their fair share of bad reviews. Pick your restaurant based on which menu and theme appeal to you, and what fits into your budget and timeline.

FWIW, we LOVE sci-fi. :thumbsup2

We don't eat a TS meal at DHS very often, but when we do it's either Mama Melrose or 50's Primetime. We usually wait until we are leaving for the day and go have dinner at one of the resort restaurants.

Every restaurant has gotten bad reviews. We loved 50's prime time. The atmosphere and food were great!

We also enjoyed 50's Prime Time when we ate there. We are trying Mama Melrose's this time, though. We are trying not to go back to any of the same restaurants. Although, my dh loved the San Angel Inn in the Mexico pavilion, so we will be returning to that one.

We really enjoyed the Sci-Fi. More the atmosphere than anything but we found their milk shakes VERY yummy. We would eat there again no problem. (We had the smoked meat sandwiches....milkshakes....dessert....and a lot of photos - it was neat sitting in a car like you were at a drive-in and watching the old film trailers. Of course, my DH had to try to figure out the "year" and "models" of the cars and had me taking pictures of even licence plates....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter