OK Pete, I'm ready for the E ticket app for Android

The GTMax External portable battery charger is no longer available on Amazon, and I couldn't find anywhere else. Does anyone know where I could find something similar?

something like this?

so apparently i can't post links yet. I just did a google search for "Rechargeable Backup Battery Pack for HTC Droid Incredible" and found some stuff though.

Just updated my rooted MyTouch to 2.1, and I found a well-reviewed app for DisneyLand with some of the functionality of e-ticket: called parktastiq, and it's free (ad supported).

something like this?

so apparently i can't post links yet. I just did a google search for "Rechargeable Backup Battery Pack for HTC Droid Incredible" and found some stuff though.

I sent you a PM with my email address in case you can't send PM's yet and aren't able to post a link in PM. Thanks.

I have a Droid so I am partial, and would like the eticket ap, however Pete has gone on record several times that this is not coming. I don't believe anyone on the podcast has a droid and that may be one reason, and a very good one. Another may be the cost to set up, which they may not recoop.
I doubt they make anything on this for the Iphone, so if they don't have Droid's themselves why would they develop? Other reasons may be the time to set up or legal reasons. Regardless Pete has said no and we should respect his choice.

Apps are so old school. Unfortunately, the iPhone still needs them since Apple won't support Flash.

If Flash was supported (Flash Lite is supported on the Android platform with the full version of Flash coming this fall), you wouldn't need to build apps that were specific to a certain brand of phone. For example, eTicket could be hosted on a server and all you would need is a browser to access all the functionality of the app. Any browser that supported Flash could have a similar experience with the app. That's happening now on desktops (PC vs. Mac).

However, Steve Jobs has said more than once that Flash won't be supported on the iPhone. Maybe when HTML5 comes out things will change.

Apps are so old school. Unfortunately, the iPhone still needs them since Apple won't support Flash.

If Flash was supported (Flash Lite is supported on the Android platform with the full version of Flash coming this fall)

Unless, you already have Froyo (2.2) :banana::)

Another may be the cost to set up, which they may not recoop.

I'm interested to understand what you are getting at about the the "cost to set up"? Are you talking about the cost to pay a developer to implement the app or the actual cost to put an application in the market?

The eTicket app is not being developed for any other platform.

At this point, if you want the eTicket app, you will need an iPhone.

And be careful. Kevin is an iPhone pusher. ;)

Not true.

Kevin doesnt care which cell phone, wireless provider, accessories etc you use.

Use what makes you happy and what you can afford.

And if you dont want, need, have any use for or cant afford a cell phone...that's ok too.

In other words Kevin doesnt want to enter another cell phone debate.

He was strictly providing the information that eTicket is not coming to the _________ (fill in the blank) platform. It will only be for iPhone.

Kevin will now stop talking in the third person.

...and Jeff will ask Kevin if eTicket is coming to the iPad...

While not specifically designed for the iPad, I use eTicket on mine all the time.

As far as I know, there is a not an iPad version on the horizon.

I guess that makes sense. Unless somebody had the 3G version of the iPad it wouldn't really be useful in the parks (no way to download the POI/map stuff). I'm not sure I'd be carrying an iPad in the parks anyway - even if I had one.

The GTMax External portable battery charger is no longer available on Amazon, and I couldn't find anywhere else. Does anyone know where I could find something similar?

This looks similar but has twice the capacity. http://www.amazon.com/Javoedge-High...1_fkmr1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1280236458&sr=1-3-fkmr1

I just used my GTMax again on a business trip. It charged my ipod touch from 0-100 in about an hour and charged my Incredible from 15% - 50% in about 30 minutes.

Dennis

This looks similar but has twice the capacity. http://www.amazon.com/Javoedge-High...1_fkmr1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1280236458&sr=1-3-fkmr1

I just used my GTMax again on a business trip. It charged my ipod touch from 0-100 in about an hour and charged my Incredible from 15% - 50% in about 30 minutes.

Dennis

Thanks for the link.
So do you carry this charger as well as take a spare battery with you?
I already have spare battery and was deciding if I needed this as well.

Ok, it's about time to get this app on the android platform. The lack of an android version of E-Ticket is ridiculous and laughable at this point, to be quite honest, it's unacceptable.

You've catered to the Iphone folks for long enough, I get it and I understand why, but at some point... As the Android user base continues to grow and the Iphone user base continues to decline, you will need to develop an android version of your app. Why not be proactive and build android market share before potential competitors come to market with similar or improved alternatives?

Roll it out at $9.99 for the early adopters and bring the price down to $4.99 after 60 - 90 days. Development costs would be re-couped in 6 -12 months.

The Dis is the largest, user friendliest, most advanced, polished and proactive Disney resource in the world. It's time to start acting like all those things (with regard to this issue).

Thanks for your time.

While I can't speak for Pete and company, I do know from my previous life that rolling out a new software package is a very costly proposition. We don't know the specifics of the iPhone version of eTicket. Maybe there is information learned from that roll out that has made the decision to not write a version for the Android platform.

I use to own an iPhone and have switched to an HTC Incredible (Android) and am very happy with it but I accept the fact that if eTicket doesn't come to the Android platform, it's a decision that Pete has made and so be it.

I wanted eTicket enough that I loaded it on my iPod and run my HTC Incredible as a hotspot so that my iPod can go online. Yep, I can have my cake (or pie?) and eat it too! If you want it bad enough, why not spend the extra dollars and do likewise?

Ok, it's about time to get this app on the android platform. The lack of an android version of E-Ticket is ridiculous and laughable at this point, to be quite honest, it's unacceptable.

You've catered to the Iphone folks for long enough, I get it and I understand why, but at some point... As the Android user base continues to grow and the Iphone user base continues to decline, you will need to develop an android version of your app. Why not be proactive and build android market share before potential competitors come to market with similar or improved alternatives?

Roll it out at $9.99 for the early adopters and bring the price down to $4.99 after 60 - 90 days. Development costs would be re-couped in 6 -12 months.

The Dis is the largest, user friendliest, most advanced, polished and proactive Disney resource in the world. It's time to start acting like all those things (with regard to this issue).

Thanks for your time.

....well, since you put it that way....

Are you kidding? You want someone to do something for you so you insult them for motivation? How's that working for ya?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter