OK Pete, I'm ready for the E ticket app for Android

I have a new theory. Perhaps there is no Android app for e-ticket coming because of the WDW app that verizon is using. Have you seen the commercials? It almost looks identical to the eticket app. I think it may be cheaper too.

The Mobile Magic app isn't available for Android, or any other smartphone. At least not yet.

And they aren't really identical. E-Ticket has a lot of features MM doesn't have. MM has two primary features that E-Ticket doesn't have: wait times and fastpass times.

And producing an Android version really has nothing to do with Verizon anyways - Android is on phones on many providers.

I have a new theory. Perhaps there is no Android app for e-ticket coming because of the WDW app that verizon is using. Have you seen the commercials? It almost looks identical to the eticket app. I think it may be cheaper too.

Well, Verizon's app only works on their non-smart phones.... Smartphones can't access it.

Add me to the crowd waiting for eTicket. I was bummed to hear that not only is Verizon's app not workable for smartphones (Droid) but it's only for 6 months. If eTicket doesn't come out for the Android Platform I think I'll give Lines a try. But I would prefer to support The Dis. :)

Another *Bump*. Android Eticket Please Pete and Corey!!

This wait is seeming ridiculous:headache:

Add me to the list of ready for E Ticket for Android. Ordered Incredible, not sure when it arrives.

I have a Droid Incredible as well and love it to pieces. My wife has an iPhone 3G and we bought eTicket for it. I'm sorry but I just don't like eTicket, I wanted to use it for all our ADR's and reservations but it didn't work for me. I just used my google calender that sync'd to the Incredible. I used the Lines app from Touringplans.com for wait times and fastpass info 2 weeks ago when I was in the parks. They were very accurate and you get a years access for less than 6 months of Mobile Magic Access.

My only complaint about the Incredible is the screen can be hard to read in bright sunlight. I had my screen brightness cranked up all the way just to see things. Also you won't get through a whole day on one battery it you are using twitter / facebook / lines a lot.

Dennis

I have a Droid Incredible as well and love it to pieces. My wife has an iPhone 3G and we bought eTicket for it. I'm sorry but I just don't like eTicket, I wanted to use it for all our ADR's and reservations but it didn't work for me. I just used my google calender that sync'd to the Incredible. I used the Lines app from Touringplans.com for wait times and fastpass info 2 weeks ago when I was in the parks. They were very accurate and you get a years access for less than 6 months of Mobile Magic Access.

My only complaint about the Incredible is the screen can be hard to read in bright sunlight. I had my screen brightness cranked up all the way just to see things. Also you won't get through a whole day on one battery it you are using twitter / facebook / lines a lot.

Dennis

One of the great features we HTC Incredible users have that so many other smart phone users don't is the replaceable battery. If you find that your battery poops out before the day is over, you can either carry a spare battery or you can buy a higher capacity battery. There are batteries out now that have twice the capacity of the original battery.

I agree, the replacable battery, replacable memory, and the fact that I can walk into any Verizon store and say, My Phone Doesn't work, and they will replace it right then, all push the ANDROID phones up over the top of the Iphones for me for sure.

SO WHY CANT WE GET ETICKET NOW PETE?????

Yep, I was worried about battery life so I bought an extended Seidio battery and a GT Max portable battery charger from amazon.

It charged my battery about 25% per hour and worked great for me. You can also use the charger for iPhone's as well.

Dennis

Yep, I was worried about battery life so I bought an extended Seidio battery and a GT Max portable battery charger from amazon.

It charged my battery about 25% per hour and worked great for me. You can also use the charger for iPhone's as well.

Dennis

Is the second item also another extended battery, or is it a charger? I clicked on the link to Amazon and it says that it is a External Rechargeable Backup Battery Pack so I wasn't sure exactly what it was?

edit: now I see - you just connect your phone with usb cable to this as extended source of power when battery runs out, right?

It's basically just a big battery that will charge most things via USB. You charge it with a standard microusb cord from an AC adapter or PC. Then you can plug in the iPhone sync cable to the USB port and into the phone and push the charge button. I used it with my wife's iPhone 3G, my Incredible and a verizon MiFi. It charged them all with no problem.

One day we were in the MK and I said to my wife that my phone was dead and it was charging in the backpack. She just rolled her eyes at me :)

Dennis

thats very cool. Im ordering one now too. Wouldnt it be nice to have an E-ticket app for androind?

It was mentioned to me recently that it isn't going to happen. Guess we can put this thread to sleep and just be pleasantly surprised if it does happen.

If it isn't going to happen, Pete or Corey or whoever can just post here and say so...and THAT will put this thread to bed... :)

If it isn't going to happen, Pete or Corey or whoever can just post here and say so...and THAT will put this thread to bed... :)

If they were going to answer, I think they would have done so by now. But hey, feel free to keep asking, you know what they say "they can't hit'cha"

If we need to sit back and wait and show that we're here and we want to put our money where our mouth is then so be it.

Btw, I'm actually posting this from an Android phone. ;)

--DB

Just voted. I need it so that I can sneak on at work a little easier. Er, I mean that I need it for when I vacation in order to know which ride to visit first. :rotfl2:

Dennis

The GTMax External portable battery charger is no longer available on Amazon, and I couldn't find anywhere else. Does anyone know where I could find something similar?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter