Ohana's and Wishes

KIS

DIS Veteran
The search engine on these boards isn't working and I have a question.

If MK closes at 7 pm on the evening and we've been hoping to book for a PS at Ohana's, what time would the show begin and what time would be good for a PS?

Also, in the event that we can't get that exact time, would we, as dining guests have a right to sit somewhere on the Polynesian grounds and watch the show?

Please advise swiftly.

Thanks.

KIS

If you're going between now and April, you can find the times for wishes but it appears to be right around closing time. If the park closes at 7pm, probably wishes is set to begin at 7pm. If you schedule dinner for 6-6:30 at 'Ohana you should be fine. They pipe in the music so you can really get the full effect.

You can also watch Wishes from the beaches at the Poly but no music that way.

We had a 6:50 PS at Ohana this past Sat. We were seated at 7:15 and the fireworks began at 7:30 which was park closing time. We had a great view of the fireworks and there were several tables around us who had clearly finished eating when we were seated but the staff made no attempt to move them along before the fireworks happened and those patrons left as soon as the fireworks were over.

Food is usually not delivered to the tables while the fireworks are going on...we were so glad we got our drinks & bread before the show started we were starving :sunny:

Colleen

We booked a 5:40 PS for Ohana's on a day that the MK park closes at 7 pm, which I have heard means that the Wishes firework show will be about then.

If they let us linger over dinner, I hope we will be able to enjoy the show. May be we could get afterdinner drinks to mollify anyone who might complain that we are just dead weight....

KIS

Originally posted by KIS

If they let us linger over dinner, I hope we will be able to enjoy the show.

They generally try to get you through dinner rather quickly since there are PS after yours they will need the table. You could have drinks at the bar or walk around the resort or something.

We were there Saturday night and had a 5:30ps, 19 of us and the rain made us about 15minutes late. We were seated around 6pm. Didn't feel rushed at all, we all ordered dessert, some ordered more wine and others coffee. It was a bonus to still be there for 8 and see the fireworks!! Wasn't planned that way, it just happened and no-one seemed irritated that we hung around that long. It's a wonderful restaurant, be prepared to EAT!! Try the chocolate pave it's to die for!! The kids had a blast with the coconut races and hoola hoop contests. Was a great night and seeing wishes just made it more magical!!

Daisy:sunny:

In the two hours we were there they had each event twice. I guess they do it through-out the night to make sure all kids get to participate. Have Fun!

Daisy:sunny:

Don't Worrie it's a big restaurant and there's always other tables for them to seat people at! The food is to die for, and as for lingering, it's Disney. There the last people in a rush are the cast members, I promise there's a reason guests come to Disney instead of the other way around. You'll be fine :0)

PoP Century Front Office Cast Member
Joshua
pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter