'Ohana single person reservation

smile145

Mouseketeer
I am trying to book a table for one at 'Ohana in October. I have tried every day I will be there at all possible dinner times in the online system and there is no availability. If I change the party size to 2 people, there is plenty of time slots available. Does this mean I cannot eat there with only one person?

No, you should be able to eat anywhere as a single. There just might be very few single tables at the restaurant to book. I would call Disney Dining and have them search or see what they suggest.

I had the same problem, no matter how often I tried (I even called in and spent 20 mins with the nicest CM who tried everything she could) I could not find a table for one at 'Ohana for any of my 6 nights in Sept.

I finally made a ressie for two. As far as I have read on the WDW website, as long a the ressie is kept, they won't charge your credit card the $10 for the second person not showing up.

I had no problems with any other resturaunt making a ressie for one. I guess 'Ohana is the exception.

The dining reservation computer system tries to fill as many seats as possible so when you input an odd number of people it often says there is nothing available because it thinks it "ought" to only fill a table for 2 with 2 people and ignores the request for 1 person. We're a party of 3 so we see this problem frequently.

You can go ahead and book the table for 2 people because typically Disney doesn't have tables for 1. When you arrive at the restaurant just let them know that you're a party of 1. According to the dining reservation FAQs on the Disney website if you're booked at a venue with the no show credit card guarantee you will not be charged for the "absent" person.

Enjoy your meals! :)

Someone recently posted the same problem. He made the ADR online for 2, then called and the CM changed it to one.

This "problem" also exists for Trail's End and Olivia's. Just make your resie for two and then call and ask the CM to change it to one. I just did this last week without a problem.

This "problem" also exists for Trail's End and Olivia's. Just make your resie for two and then call and ask the CM to change it to one. I just did this last week without a problem.

This. The online ADR system WILL NOT book a single person for 'Ohana, Olivia's or Trails End.

I had started a thread about this a few months ago

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2879796

I wound up booking a table for 2 online and then calling and modifying my ADR to one.

I must warn you that as a party of one they put me right next to the kitchen door. It was on the outskirts of the actual dining area, almost like a table was never meant to be there.

Oh and I hope you're not self conscious about sitting alone a a table FULL of food! :rotfl2:

All for one person:

Bread

IMG_3827.jpg

Salad

IMG_3828.jpg

Sauces

IMG_3829.jpg

Potstickers and Wings

IMG_3830.jpg

Noodles and Broccoli

IMG_3831.jpg

Banana Bread Pudding

IMG_3832.jpg

Of course in addition to this the skewers of meats and shrimp kept coming around. That night the steak was exceptional. I'm used to it being over cooked there, but this time it was nice and medium rare.

In the past I have also had trouble booking some of the Signature restaurants for one. I've just booked for two and either called and had the CM change it to a party of one or else just showed up and told them I was a party of one. There never seems to be any rhyme or reason to it either. I go to WDW several times a year and at least 2-3 of those trips are solo (my husband is not as big a Disney fan as I am:snooty:). Some trips I have no trouble getting tables for one online, then the next trip I will, then the next I won't.:confused3 Artist Point and Jiko seem to the worst.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter