Ohana menu changes

They HAVE changed the bread pudding, though you probably won't notice the change. I noticed, but I'm a baker and look at every part of a dessert to be able to reproduce it.

What used to be "banana foster sauce" is now caramel. To make up for it, they place sliced bananas on the plate.

There's also a decrease in the amount of cinnamon in the bread itself.

But, once it's all together on the plate, you won't notice any difference whatsoever in the taste. The cinnamon loss is hidden by the extra sweetness of the caramel, and the bananas not being cooked in the sauce makes them a touch harder and thus easier to get on the spoon. All in all, I think the changes are an improvement over the original.

Craig

Well evidently not THAT many people have cancelled due to the new menu because I STILL can't get a reservation for our week at the end of April earlier than 8:30pm. I've never gotten to try 'Ohana and I WANT TO BADLY!!

I don't know what the salad was before, but I like fruit in my salad and usually put a lot of it in any salad I make, so that's fine. And since I don't know the original dressing, I guess I won't know a difference!

And I'd be excited I think for more than just broccoli, though I love broccoli.

I would probably want a variety of sauces, I usually like to combine sauces at restaurants such as this, or at a hibachi place, so that's kinda disappointing.

All in all, I still want to go - and CAN'T! Argh.

Keep trying online....I had the same problem in March last year...and also can't get anything earlier than 8:15 last week in April/beginning of May of this year...but I keep trying! Last year I got at a 5:30 the week before we left! So it's def possible! GOOD LUCK!

We asked for other sauces and werewolf they don't have them any more. No sweet sauce on
Potstickers. We eye there Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

No!!! I love Ohana!

What sauce is on their potstickers now? The whole reason I love the place is for the noodles and potstickers.

No!!! I love Ohana!

What sauce is on their potstickers now? The whole reason I love the place is for the noodles and potstickers.

I was wondering this also. If they took the sweet and sour away, what are they served with now?

We asked for other sauces and werewolf they don't have them any more. No sweet sauce on
Potstickers. We eye there Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Wait there was no sauce at all on the potstickers????

There is still sauce on the potstickers. I didn't dissect it, but I would say it was a sweet and sour glaze. Just as delicious as always!! I think people are reading too much into the very minor changes. Ohana has always been a favorite for us. We went right when the changes were made (before this thread even existed). Yes, I realized a few things were different, but my meal was just as delicious as before!

SmileEar2Ear said:
There is still sauce on the potstickers. I didn't dissect it, but I would say it was a sweet and sour glaze. Just as delicious as always!! I think people are reading too much into the very minor changes. Ohana has always been a favorite for us. We went right when the changes were made (before this thread even existed). Yes, I realized a few things were different, but my meal was just as delicious as before!

This...we BARELY noticed the changes and Ohana is our favorite restaurant. Still is!

The menu changes don't sound that bad to me. Ohana is our entire family's favorite place to eat in all of WDW. We have eaten there every time we vacation in WDW. I have yet to have a bad experience there. We will be making our ADR's in two days and you can bet Ohana will be on the list! I am optimistic these minor changes will only make the experience better.

They do have sweet & sour. I requested and received some on 2/3. They may not want to give it out, but it is there. I guess it depends on the server. I just posted our Ohana dinner as part of my dining review in that forum yesterday if anyone wants to see it. I included the sauce in there. :) My server said it was the same as what was on the potstickers.

They HAVE changed the bread pudding, though you probably won't notice the change. I noticed, but I'm a baker and look at every part of a dessert to be able to reproduce it.

What used to be "banana foster sauce" is now caramel. To make up for it, they place sliced bananas on the plate.

There's also a decrease in the amount of cinnamon in the bread itself.

But, once it's all together on the plate, you won't notice any difference whatsoever in the taste. The cinnamon loss is hidden by the extra sweetness of the caramel, and the bananas not being cooked in the sauce makes them a touch harder and thus easier to get on the spoon. All in all, I think the changes are an improvement over the original.

Craig

We were just there last week and the bread pudding did have the banana foster sauce and there were not any bananas on the side...maybe they went back to the original recipe :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!