Ohana menu changes

I don't mind so much for us and everyone at our table would understand. It's just too concerning for me now because peanut sauce is so prevalent at this restaurant. If someone has touched the sauce, then touch the handle to the bathroom, I touch the handle, I could break out in a rash ect :sad2: For us, it's just too stressful :thumbsup2 We always note the allergy and usually it's not too bad in most places but this make us worry last time. Now they almost everyone will be having noodles with the peanut sauce, I'd be too worried to really enjoy the meal. We'll skip dinner and do breakfast. We love Stitch anyway!

You would have had this concern before, because they have always served peanut sauce.

Does anyone actually know if they will offer an alternate sauce for allergies, or is it being assumed that they will not?

They have always had peanut sauce. Did you eat there with your son in the past? I don' t understand why you would feel you cannot eat there because of one sauce. Can your son not eat meat without sauce?

I have a son who can't eat poultry or seafood, that never has (and never will) stop us from eating at ohana's, or any place really. There is so much to eat at ohana's that I can't see why those with a peanut allergy feel they can't eat here any longer. I just don't understand I guess.

When we go to 'ohanas, we just tell them to bring out the other sauces but leave off the peanut sauce. I don't find not being able to use the sauce necessarily a deal breaker, but I do find it a little inconsiderate since it is one of the most popular allergens. I personally like having sauce for my meat. Can I do without? Sure, but I also haven't had to when I was there. I guess I see it the same as some people having to have ketchup with any kind of meat. Some people will not want to eat at certain places if they have to do without.
It's just personal preference.

I'm excited for the changes. We won't be there until March so we might not get to experience them. The salad and veggies sound great. I always thought the broccoli needed to be swapped for something else. I love the peanut sauce, too!!

You would have had this concern before, because they have always served peanut sauce.

Does anyone actually know if they will offer an alternate sauce for allergies, or is it being assumed that they will not?

I guess it's being assume right now. WDW usually does a great job accommodating allergies, so I wonder if they will have a back up plan for those with allergies to the sauce? I understand sometimes it's simply avoiding the sauce, but I wonder since you use it on so many things if they will have a separate solution for this. So this could potentially affect several groups. I'm just anxious to see what they decide after the trial period. Even then, I will probably still give it a go and see what I think. I don't want to pass unfair judgment if all would still be great (and I don't want my family to miss out on their favorite place)!

The reason why we wouldn't eat there for dinner now, is because it isn't just that I couldn't have the peanut sauce. It's that everyone dining at our table couldn't have it and I wouldn't expect everyone to have noodles with NO sauce. For me, it isn't just eating it that will make me ill, if they touch the sauce, and touch me, I'll break out in a rash. If they breathe over me, it's a trip to the ER. If I eat it, it's a trip to the ER. We only ever ate at Ohana once for dinner and enjoyed it but never again.

The noodles are teriyaki noodles so they already have a sauce on them.

And there is still broccoli in the stir fry vegetables.

The peanut sauce is the only sauce available now at Ohana. Apparently it you can't have the sauce, the noodles have nothing on them.

I think people are talking about the *separate* dish of peanut sauce that got served alongside the food. The noodles won't be plain, they're in a teriyaki type sauce I believe. The noodles were never covered in a peanut sauce I don't think :)

I don't mind so much for us and everyone at our table would understand. It's just too concerning for me now because peanut sauce is so prevalent at this restaurant. If someone has touched the sauce, then touch the handle to the bathroom, I touch the handle, I could break out in a rash ect :sad2: For us, it's just too stressful :thumbsup2 We always note the allergy and usually it's not too bad in most places but this make us worry last time. Now they almost everyone will be having noodles with the peanut sauce, I'd be too worried to really enjoy the meal. We'll skip dinner and do breakfast. We love Stitch anyway!

Nothing will have changed as far as your concerns about people touching handles, etc. It's always been the most "popular" sauce, so why would it be any different to you now? Maybe you just didn't enjoy it as much anyway, because your reasons are the same as before.

I always come into the 'Ohana menu change thread like a kid on Christmas morning, hoping to see the potatoes back.

:eeyore:

It sounds to me as though they are trying to make the menu a little more authentic...while also containing costs and reducing waste. While not all of the changes appeal to me personally, I think sounds like a great improvement overall.

So many people complain that Disney is homogenizing their menus resort-wide; it just seems refreshing to me that they are making an attempt to make this a more genuine Pan-Asian dining experience.

If costs are a concern, perhaps they could have some bottled sauces available upon request for those that can't have or don't like the peanut sauce.

I hope the changes are permanent and look forward to my next ADR at 'Ohana.

I actually think this sounds great. The stir fry style vegtables sound very tasty, as does the salad. Probably won't use much sauce, so indifferent.

Still looking forward to our 'Ohana ADR.

At first I was worried until I read what had changed. To be honest, sounds good to me :). I love mango and papaya! We are going for our 20th anniversary meal!

Just wondering if anyone has eaten there this week. Are they still testing out new changes?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Wow, I can't believe how many people dislike mango and papaya, two of the greatest fruits to ever exist.

I happen to love mango and papaya, even though I complained earlier in the thread. I can't eat pineapple and generally if you can't have that then chances are papaya and mango will be the same way. Don't really want to find out the hard way on vacation. ;)

Call the restaurant directly and speak with someone about your food concerns. They are very accomidating for food allergies and intolerances.

I happen to love mango and papaya, even though I complained earlier in the thread. I can't eat pineapple and generally if you can't have that then chances are papaya and mango will be the same way. Don't really want to find out the hard way on vacation. ;)

I can have pineapple and papaya but am allergic to mango, so maybe you are special like me and you might be able to enjoy the papaya and mango but hold the pineapple :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter