• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ohana For Dinner

strine56

Mouseketeer
Is Ohana for dinner really that bad? At first I read that Ohana for dinner was really good! I am now reading that Ohana for dinner is really over rated. What are some of your thoughts about Ohana for dinner?

We went for our first dinner at Ohana a little over a month ago. We enjoyed it. I have to say the amount of food is completely overwhelming. We will definitely go again, but next time we will pace ourselves and only eat what we love. I thought the chicken was probably some of the best chicken I have ever had and the noodles were addictive! I wasn't too fond of the pork - thought it was a bit chewy. You definitely won't leave hungry!

I have yet to introduce Ohana to anyone who thought it was gross. Yes you get a whole lot of food but you can always tell them NO. The food is good, very good actually. Is it as good as say, Citricos or Cali Grill...Probably not. Its an experience too, not just food. They have hula dances, limbos, coconut races and leis. Its fun. I'm going in roughly two weeks and its on our must do list of places to eat every time we are at WDW. They've always accommodated us and I have yet to have a bad experience...crossing my fingers for a fabulous time when we go, I'm going with my Husband who has never even been to WDW and Sister and her Hubby. All first timers and I chose this place for her B day dinner celebration :)

O'hana is one of our must-dos. Love the bread, salad, noodles, veggies and bread pudding! The atmosphere and entertainment are great! If you like your steak medium well or well, tell your server as soon as you sit down.

A must do for us too, sometimes even twice a trip. But you as FiggieFan said you need to pace yourself. The first time we went we only eat half the food as we were stuffed :goodvibes

I personally really liked dinner at Ohana but my family did not! Dh and dmil thought meat was very fatty. After a long wait past our ADR the service was rushed. I love the Polynesian so really enjoyed it. Really liked breakfast as well...relaxing and great character interaction. Loved the juice!

Dinner at Ohana has fabulous food! The service can be spotty but I have never been disappointed in the offerings.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Is Ohana for dinner really that bad? At first I read that Ohana for dinner was really good! I am now reading that Ohana for dinner is really over rated. What are some of your thoughts about Ohana for dinner?

EVERY restaurant at Disney will have their share of 'yays' and 'nays'! There is not 'one' restaurant that can please everyone.

It is one of our favorite meals on property and we have been going for many years. Have never had a bad experience (food, service,etc). We've always asked for our meats 'to order' and have not been disappointed.

My thoughts for you is to go experience it for yourself, only then will you see if it is what your particular family enjoys. :wave2:

We have been to dinner at Ohana four times and have loved it. We are eating there again on this trip. We love the atmosphere.

Ohana is a must do for my family. So much so, that we paid out of pocket for it two weeks ago, when we had the quick service dining plan.

We have been to dinner at Ohana four times and have loved it. We are eating there again on this trip. We love the atmosphere.
Me and my family eat there once in a while on our trip to Disney. The food is Hawaiian and really good. But the bad news is the lobby where Ohana is located is going into refurbishment after we leave Florida and head home.. The refurbishment will start, just about after school let out.

Yay, glad to see all this positive reviews from people who have recently been there! We are going in June and it will be my husband and mine third trip there. We had a wonderful experience the first 2 visits, but have not been to WDW since 2005 and I was worried Ohana's had changed after seeing several questionable reviews.

Yay, glad to see all this positive reviews from people who have recently been there! We are going in June and it will be my husband and mine third trip there. We had a wonderful experience the first 2 visits, but have not been to WDW since 2005 and I was worried Ohana's had changed after seeing several questionable reviews.
no, not much, just the same, but with a bar and waiting area

We took 7 folks there in February. I was really excited due to all of the reviews. One thing I have certainly learned here is, 'good' is relative.

Everyone has their own particular 'bar' for what constitutes good food. Is it large quantities of food? Is it chef prepared original healthy ingredients? Again, it is such a personal thing.

For me, I would say it didn't meet my requirements for 'good'. Jiko is 'good'. Sanaa, Citricos, Victoria and Albert, and a few others have been 'good' to me.

However, the bread, well...it was just bread. it was soft, and tender, but basically just nice yeast bread. The salad, the noodles and vegetables were pretty basic and what I expected. The chicken was like a decent wing with sauce. The pork was thick, chewy and we all left it alone. The shrimp was fine but they only came around one time. The steak was a basic sirloin and fine. The dumpling were good.

The bread pudding, while had a nice flavor, was dryer than what I was expecting. I love and cook bread pudding often and realize Disney offers bread pudding to take care of all that leftover bread, but they could make it a bit more moist. Trail's end has a nice cinnamon roll bread pudding.

The games....they asked the kids to come do one thing. It was so far away we couldn't see it, so that really wasn't an addition to our evening.

Did we enjoy our evening dinner? I would say overall we had a nice time. But would I go back? Probably not. The food, while not bad, was not what I call 'good'. We go to quite a few really nice chef-owned restaurants and I research new recipes and cook from scratch. Both of these affect how I see restaurant food. And quite frankly, it has made it harder to find 'good' food. Again, that is my opinion and it would depend on what your experiences typically are when you eat. :)

If you are a small party they may very well ignore you and concentrate on the larger ones in order to earn a better tip. I've had one great experience there and then after that it went down hill. I won't be returning, not when there are so many other great places to dine at.

Ohanas will remain as one of our favorites. We just ate there and food, service, etc....great!!! A must do for us every time we visit.

If you are a small party they may very well ignore you and concentrate on the larger ones in order to earn a better tip. I've had one great experience there and then after that it went down hill. I won't be returning, not when there are so many other great places to dine at.

Sorry, not so! DH & I are a party of two (obviously) and have dined at 'Ohana each trip since opening and have always had great experiences and have never been ignored.

We 'love' it and always look forward to it each trip and never been disappointed in the food or the service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter