Ohana dinner first timer-tell me about it please!

Just wanted to chime in we love Ohana and I'll be back two weeks from today!

Funny! I think Ohana is way over-rated! Its good, but not OMG I have to go again and again (or using dining buddy to get a ressie!). The waiter comes around with different meats on skewers and carves you a slice at the table! Woopie! My kids like the coconut races and limbo when they were younger. What kid would like getting up from the table in a restaurant to play games?? !! I dont like bananas, so Im not a fan of the bread pudding there. (San Angel Inn has the best IMO..vanilla/caramel Yummm!) I would definitely do it once, but its really an been there, done that kind of place.

As for the singer yes she sings....a lot..... the gets get maracas and do a parade around the restaurant

73291_158418814193223_6012707_n.jpg

73570_158418767526561_2121213_n.jpg

We love Ohana! It's a must do for our group every time we go to the mouse. Lipoa is great as well and has become so familiar with us that she spends a good amount of time at our table.

Funny! I think Ohana is way over-rated! Its good, but not OMG I have to go again and again (or using dining buddy to get a ressie!). The waiter comes around with different meats on skewers and carves you a slice at the table! Woopie! My kids like the coconut races and limbo when they were younger. What kid would like getting up from the table in a restaurant to play games?? !! I dont like bananas, so Im not a fan of the bread pudding there. (San Angel Inn has the best IMO..vanilla/caramel Yummm!) I would definitely do it once, but its really an been there, done that kind of place.
Wow. :duck:
Never been, no ADRs available, so , yep, used Disney dining buddy! I like to try new places, and look forward to trying it for myself. 8.00 not gonna break my bank. Thanks for your input tho! :goodvibes

Thank you for the input!! I am so excited I got this ADR , I thought I was out of luck since I just put a request in for it thru DDB Friday, but I got the exact time I was hoping for. :genie:
So excited to try it with all the positive reviews!
Glad to hear they have food my 3 yr old will enjoy!! Cannot wait!!!
Great place to experience when staying at the PR. TS restaurant on any site includes up and downs. We have found your server can make or break you experience. Being open and not developing expectations based upon others opinions allow you to have fun. Also, let the CM know you want to dine in the main dining area (table area in front of the grill) for a Polynesian feel...you will see tables on the wall behind the grill area...not the best area to experience O'hana as they have a touch of overflow location. Have fun and hope you have a great time :)

We had dinner there on Tuesday. By far the worst meal of our trip. We were seated next to a table of hooligans. That did not make the evening start or end well. No one intervened, and it was horrendous!

The bread was dry even eith the buttered asked for. The salad was delicious and there was plenty.

We did enjoy the pot stickers. The wings were tasty but not even close to hot, and neither was the noodle dish.

The beef skewers were tough and dry, and some we got had a harsh pepper residues on them. The chicken was okay, not hot but decent, I did not try the shrimp.

The dessert was delicious. As always. We won't return soon to this restaurant, which gmgad always been a favorite.

This trip was our first visiting Ohana and it won't be our last! We really enjoyed it. It is family style so the veggies/salad/etc comes in bowls that you pass around. The server brings the meats out and you can get as much as you want. They will bring out more of anything so its truly all you can eat. I was hesitant about the salad's vinagerette dressing and the dessert but both were GREAT. Highly recommended. They did a short hula "class" activity that guests can join in on that was fun to watch.Warning it you have an ADR around 10. Most people will stay to watch the fireworks through the windows before leaving so you will be seated a little later. We had a 9:45 ADR and got seated after 10. The GOOD news is the fireworks music is piped in to the hotel so while you're waiting you too can just watch the fireworks right from the waiting area or you could go downstairs by the pool. Enjoy!

Good to know! I may check in next month around 8:45pm and say we are watching the fireworks from the beach - my ressie is at 9:15pm and just request a window seat in the corner away from the main dining area once they leave after the fireworks lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter