ohana chicken :)

We have been wanting to go the past few trips but never could get ADR's. Going for the 1st time in November and CANNOT wait.

Is the chicken still breast/white meat? I've been disappointed a couple of times at WDW by ordering chicken only to find it's dark meat - not my cup of tea. Thanks!

I prefer dark meat. But I'll eat both, of course. I'm not picky when it comes to poultry.

Glancing through the new posts and thought this said Obama chicken. Lol. Recipe? Political statement? I wasn't sure!

Glad to hear the salad is back(my wife will be happy). I was never a fan of bread pudding until I tried it at Ohana last year now I am a HUGE fan! But seriously I could eat the shrimp all day!!!!

Just got back. Salad is back but it's not the honey lime dressing. The dressing is not as good but still better than lettuce wraps. Chicken was white meat and so juicy and delicious, steak was great too. We don't eat shrimp. Everything was really tasty and service was great.

Glad to hear the salad is back(my wife will be happy). I was never a fan of bread pudding until I tried it at Ohana last year now I am a HUGE fan! But seriously I could eat the shrimp all day!!!!
It says Spicy Shrimp on menu, how spicy? DS loves shrimp , but not anything spicy . Hoping he will eat it !

We went for the first time in September, they had taken off the chicken so I didn't have a chance to try it then. I didn't care for the pork and I thought it was really dry.

I was excited in March to see that the lettuce wraps and pork had been replaced with salad and chicken. I much preferred the salad and chicken!

Glancing through the new posts and thought this said Obama chicken. Lol. Recipe? Political statement? I wasn't sure!
That's funny, because every time in type ohana on my ipad of iphone, it autocorrects it to OBAMA.:rotfl2:

This thread is making me hungry! We've only had 'Ohana for breakfast before, but I scored us a dinner ADR for our last night in November and I am super excited! Here's hoping they don't make any changes before then...

This makes me happy. I'm not a fan of pork.

One question. We've never been to 'Ohana but we have a reservation for our trip in November. My hubby is a bit of a germaphobe and we're taking our nieces. How is the dessert served? Is it served individually or family style? Not sure hubby wants a bunch of spoons touching what he's eating. And yes, he does annoy me, LOL.

Family style but you, of course, can divide it up with clean spoons before eating. You can also request that your server let you apply the caramel sauce yourselves. But you gotta be quick because some servers don't ask and just dump all the sauce on it before you can stop them.

I read somewhere that you could request the shrimp without the spicy sauce/seasonings. Just ask for it with garlic and butter. Has anyone actually tried that and did they accommodate? We are going next week and was curious if this request was unreasonable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter