Oh Toodles!!!

I would definatly call on monday to make sure that she sent it. Even if it is just the check it will need time to clear the bank. I know that diffrent MAW chapters are deffrent, but it seems to me that your chapter needs to work on their communication skills. You definatly need to know the info about having to drive before the last minute. :headache: It seems wierd though because everyone I have talked to says they got a limo to the airport. We did.:confused3

:hug:and hopefully your last couple of days are as stress free as possible.:thumbsup2

We were thinking the same thing!! She was rude to my dh because he been calling(He does all the calls, because he knows if someone gets rude with me. I'll will not talk to them. She told him,"I guess I didn't explain it to you the last time!!" He said she made him feel like he was stupid!!! We plan on having my dh family drive us to the airport because they live so close!! but they told us not to worry about that on our first meeting when she made her wish and we are glad that his grandma can take us with this short notice. My dad will pick us. Only fews car can take us!! You need a driver and we are family of four with two adults and two car seats!! We have a small suv and we can't fit another person in the back with the girls car seats..

We were thinking the same thing!! She was rude to my dh because he been calling(He does all the calls, because he knows if someone gets rude with me. I'll will not talk to them. She told him,"I guess I didn't explain it to you the last time!!" He said she made him feel like he was stupid!!! We plan on having my dh family drive us to the airport because they live so close!! but they told us not to worry about that on our first meeting when she made her wish and we are glad that his grandma can take us with this short notice. My dad will pick us. Only fews car can take us!! You need a driver and we are family of four with two adults and two car seats!! We have a small suv and we can't fit another person in the back with the girls car seats..

I know what you mean. I also have 4 kids and even in a mini van things get crowded.

I am so sorry that you have to deal with rude people on your Wish trip. I believe they asked us to fill out a questionare after our trip to see what we liked/didn't like about our trip. If they send on to you I would definatly let them know about what has happened to you. Or in the very least send a letter to the chapters head so they know there is a problem that needs to be corrected. We all go through enough to be granted the privlage of getting a wish, do we really need to go through more for the wish.

:grouphug::grouphug:

I know what you mean. I also have 4 kids and even in a mini van things get crowded.

I am so sorry that you have to deal with rude people on your Wish trip. I believe they asked us to fill out a questionare after our trip to see what we liked/didn't like about our trip. If they send on to you I would definatly let them know about what has happened to you. Or in the very least send a letter to the chapters head so they know there is a problem that needs to be corrected. We all go through enough to be granted the privlage of getting a wish, do we really need to go through more for the wish.

:grouphug::grouphug:

I would been fine, if they told us just a date(and it was really the date).. I know parents that kids are getting a wish, you don't like surprises..January been watching the WDW commercial and it's says something about tickets.. We are going to make her some fake tickets.. She been telling people that she going to disney world when she gets her tickets... She did the same thing when we went to disney on Ice...She loved the idea of having a ticket like the commercial said more than disney on Ice!! We got a luggage weight thing today!! One is 32pds and the other one is 45pds RIGHT NOW!! We are going to work on them..

I'm not a last-minute person, either! So not knowing these kinds of details would totally stress me out, too. Definitely mention that finding out about the drive at the last-minute was rather inconvenient for you. From what I understand, MAW goes out of the way to ensure that the trip is accomodating to any of your needs and never tries to inconvenience you! Figuring out who's going to drive you and where to park and who will pick you up six days before the trip definitely falls in the 'inconvenient' category. If nothing else, at least it might keep some other family from having to undergo the same thing.

Love how January won't really feel like the trip is happening until she is holding the tickets! How cute is that? She definitely needs some fake tix. You should make her one of those little airplane folders to keep all of her fake tix, fake passports and fake boarding passes in. She would be so proud to carry that around!

I love the idea about the fake tickets, very cute. When we went we got tickets for all the diffrent parks during the orientation at GKTW.

So here is my idea (don't feel like you need to use it) tell her that your very special tickets are being made with extra magic at GKTW and the tickets you are giving her are tickets she needs to get the extra special tickets that are actually used at WDW, US, and Sea World. This way she wont get confused when you are using other tickets to get into the park.:confused3

:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Few luggage questions? We have 5days!!!:banana::banana::banana:
Carry-on or checked bag

Powdered formula?
Cell phone charger?
Battery charger?
Batteries is carry-on right?

Carry-on or checked bag

Powdered formula? I checked this, outside of one can.
Cell phone charger? Checked it, didn't need it on the plane
Battery charger? Checked, same as above
Batteries is carry-on right? you can carry on

In fact, outside of LITHIUM batteries, all of these items can be put in either place.

here is a good list for you, as it shows what can be carried on, what can be checked, and what you can't bring at all (including shoe inserts!):

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/prohibited/permitted-prohibited-items.shtm

also, this one talks about food items: http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/holiday.shtm

and this one is about batteries: http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/assistant/batteries.shtm

:thumbsup2

Carry-on or checked bag

Powdered formula?
Cell phone charger?
Battery charger?
Batteries is carry-on right?

the links above are great!

I always carryon my chargers, batteries, memory sticks, camera!

when I traveled with Megan when she was little, I had LOTS of snacks for her, brought a sippy cup for the plane, LOTS of activities to keep her occupied...you will have to buy any liquid (water, juice, etc) after you get through security...something for her to snuggle up with, small blanket and favorite sleeping buddy!

A great packing tip....put each day's outfit for the girls in a ziplock bag, shirt, shorts, undies, sock, etc...will make it so much easier than digging around your suitcase!
Also, roll up items then will take up less room....things you don't worry about getting wrinked up, swim suits, pj's, sock, undies....put them in a ziploc bag and push out all the air!

MAKE SURE YOU BRING AN EXTRA BAG TO GET ALL YOUR SOUVENIOURS HOME!!!!

In fact, outside of LITHIUM batteries, all of these items can be put in either place.

here is a good list for you, as it shows what can be carried on, what can be checked, and what you can't bring at all (including shoe inserts!):

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/prohibited/permitted-prohibited-items.shtm

also, this one talks about food items: http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/holiday.shtm

and this one is about batteries: http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/assistant/batteries.shtm

:thumbsup2

the links above are great!

I always carryon my chargers, batteries, memory sticks, camera!

when I traveled with Megan when she was little, I had LOTS of snacks for her, brought a sippy cup for the plane, LOTS of activities to keep her occupied...you will have to buy any liquid (water, juice, etc) after you get through security...something for her to snuggle up with, small blanket and favorite sleeping buddy!

A great packing tip....put each day's outfit for the girls in a ziplock bag, shirt, shorts, undies, sock, etc...will make it so much easier than digging around your suitcase!
Also, roll up items then will take up less room....things you don't worry about getting wrinked up, swim suits, pj's, sock, undies....put them in a ziploc bag and push out all the air!

MAKE SURE YOU BRING AN EXTRA BAG TO GET ALL YOUR SOUVENIOURS HOME!!!!

Thanks for all the websites...I read them and read them..:rotfl2: When it comes the airport...I'm lost!!!! I keep rewatching the video about travel with children and babies.. This is what I'm going to do..Let Kaitlyn drink a bottle before we leave for the airport. Make a bottle before we get their.. I read that you can take one bottle if It's made. Take January cup without anything in it and get her something after check point!! January on water meds and she haves to drink a lot of liquids. She drinks a lot of liquids all day long. She haves cup with something in at all times. ex. We get her cup of water when she gets up in the morning and it's gone with 5minutes.. She gets up about once every night for something to drink!! Question can I pack my chargers in checked bags. We only have two carry-ons on the way down because we fit one carry-on and Kaitlyn's diaper bag(we put diaper bag things in one of the carry-on bags) in one of our two checked bags. That means that second luggage bag will have room for souveniours on the way back and we don't have to carry extra bags around on the way down. It's says formula to be checked, but what about powdered formula?????We pack and guess what I about forgot!!! Our Insurance cards..You never know when you need them..I'm not going to take my purse. I'm going to let my dh carry my id,etc in his wallet.

4 days.....I have few last minute things I need to do around the apt and got pick up few thing before we leave!!! The apt is clean that one thing I don't have to worry about. My dad going to watch my apt for us while we are gone!!! My dh only has two full days of work til' he is off for 10days!!!!! I'm going to be lost next week.:confused3.I don't have to cook...

4 days.....I have few last minute things I need to do around the apt and got pick up few thing before we leave!!! The apt is clean that one thing I don't have to worry about. My dad going to watch my apt for us while we are gone!!! My dh only has two full days of work til' he is off for 10days!!!!! I'm going to be lost next week.:confused3.I don't have to cook...

:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Im super excited for your family!! You are going to have so much fun!! Make sure you take LOTS and LOTS of pictures for us!!!

Are you planning on doing any of the GKTW things? Any night time activities at WDW? What ride is January looking forward to the most?

MAKQUOTE]

That's a great idea! Stealing it....:thumbsup2

I didn't pack.. My dh did, he has little bit of OCD when it comes to stuff like that...:rotfl2: I think he repack everything about three times this weekend.. It didn't help that I forgot stuff and had to item..:rotfl2::rotfl2: Last night we were getting ready for bed and I said, "I forgot something to add in the bag" He said, just put it in your carry-on...:rotfl2:

Oh its been forever since I visited your PTR. But since we'll be helping out at GKTW in exactly one week, I wanted to catch up with any disboard families that would be there. Me and my DH will be at the ice cream shop from 12-3 on the 9th, so if you're in the mood for a refreshing treat, be sure to stop by! :goodvibes We're also helping out with the parents night out that night, so there's a good chance you'll see us at some point. :goodvibes

I bet you're getting so excited! Don't get too stressed about all the details. Everything will work out just fine. Hoping you run into an extra friendly TSA person when you go through security that will make the whole process easier. :)

930.gif

Oh its been forever since I visited your PTR. But since we'll be helping out at GKTW in exactly one week, I wanted to catch up with any disboard families that would be there. Me and my DH will be at the ice cream shop from 12-3 on the 9th, so if you're in the mood for a refreshing treat, be sure to stop by! :goodvibes We're also helping out with the parents night out that night, so there's a good chance you'll see us at some point. :goodvibes

I bet you're getting so excited! Don't get too stressed about all the details. Everything will work out just fine. Hoping you run into an extra friendly TSA person when you go through security that will make the whole process easier. :)

930.gif

I hope we get a great TSA person too!!! That would make my whole trip!!Well, the first day of it!!! I hope we get to see each other!!! If little girl come up to you tell you her whole life story and plus more...IT's January!!! She loves to talk!!!

GUESS WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OK...MAW called just now!!! and she just mail everything out to us and it will be here tomorrow!!!! She did tell me that our flight time has changed little bit!!! Can't wait to see what it is tomorrow!!!!! I'm post details tomorrow about 1pm...I know when the UPS guy runs!!!!

GUESS WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OK...MAW called just now!!! and she just mail everything out to us and it will be here tomorrow!!!! She did tell me that our flight time has changed little bit!!! Can't wait to see what it is tomorrow!!!!! I'm post details tomorrow about 1pm...I know when the UPS guy runs!!!!

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Oh--that's great! Good news. Must be a relief to know the paperwork is on its way. Keep us posted....

We talk to our local chapter today!!! She said, she haven't send anything out yet to the volunteer yet!! She must be a last minute person!! She told us 4/22 that she was going to send it out on that day. She told us on 4/27 that she was going to send it out that day!!! We talk to you today and she said she may send it just to us. She said that she may send it out on monday and it would get to us or volunteer maybe on tuesday!! She said that it doesn't have anything in it just the check. Our tickets are at the airport. What about time of flight? I look up what they told us and their isn't any flights with that time. I said what about info on how we are getting to the airport..She said that we had to figure that out. She THINKS they give us 45.00 to park the car at the airport, but she doesn't know. We guess we are going to drive our car to my dh grandparents house(5miles from the airport) and leave it their and have them take us to the airport!!! I glad she told us because we now need to get up early to drive and find someone to drive us. My dh family doesn't care to drive us and they all want to see the plane leave!! We live about 40miles from the airport!! Our volunteers told us that MAW had someone pick us up. This is why I'm not last minute person!! I hate not knowing...

I am a HUGE planner and that would stress me out too. :mad: Glad they finally said they mailed out the packet.

OK quick question: We received our MAW package today!! I've been looking at all the papers...Its states Adults-2 Children (3-?)-1 and Infant (0-2)-0...I think Infant should have 1 not 0...Did anybody that travel with infant 0-2 what did your say!!! Should I call MAW!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter