Oh the Tragedy! No Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake this time! Updates x 5 9/30

I have run into a few Dis'ers while at Disney, but have never gotten together for dinner plans!!

It looks like such a fantastic time! I hope one day to "run into" fellow board stalkers like myself for drinks or dinner in the near future :)

Jiko looks great! We're looking forward to going there for the first time in July. I'm planning to try the filet mignon, but who knows if I'll change my mind. I love going to AKL to eat, and see the animals too!

Great Jiko report! I have never been and while portions looked a tad small, the food looked very tasty!!!

Hey Brenda, it is only since my trip in March that I understand now what a travesty it is to take a trip to WDW and NOT have the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake. I demand you take action to rectify this immediately - book another trip to WDW for end of October ;)

Meanwhile, I guess I will have to keep reading even though we both know the dining reviews won't be the same without it :rotfl:

Nice company for a lovely dinner : ) your short ribs looked really good with yummy veggies, hard for me to see the portion size but for sure it looks like a entree I would love. I would really like to try Jiko's in the future after seeing a few of your reviews. In November we have Sanaa on our plans and this will be a first for us. I like the idea of staying at AKL in the future and trying both easily, but for his trip we are headed to WL so doing Artist Point and Narcoossee's nearby.

Looking forward to reading along and Brenda you totally do not look like you just had your 50th birthday!

Nice review, Debby : )

Great Jiko review! It looks like you had a lovely evening sharing good food with good company. :goodvibes

Hi Brenda,

We will be staying at POR from July 18th- 27th leaving early that morning. We will be eating at Ohana on our first night for our first Disney meal. That was the last time we saw you guys.

Hi Brenda! Awesome start! Jiko has easily become my favorite signature. Looks like your group had a fun time. Can't wait to read about the rest of your trip! :goodvibes

Looking forward to following along! We are new to the board and making our 2nd WDW trip with the family in September. Excited to pick up some tips from you!

Interesting Jiko review. The company sounds great, as does a lot of the food, but it also doesn't sound as outstanding as it's been in the past.

Jiko is still probably my second favorite signature (after Artist Point), yet I don't find myself that tempted to return. :confused: Maybe things would be different if the prawn heads or peri peri chicken entree made a reappearance. :laughing:

Thanks for a great Jiko rundown and happy belated bday. We haven't been in a few years but that lamb dish alone may change that. Hopefully it is still on the menu in September. I like you will be celebrating one of the "0" birthdays which of course has just enabled my decision to book a deluxe for the first time since I was a kid.

Thanks for the Jiko review Brenda. Maybe there was a stingy chef cooking that evening since all your choices do look rather small. Glad you had a good time and it was all tasty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter