Oh the places We Go, The People We see

Hi Jen-finally caught up. So sad your cruise ended, but I am loving the WDW portion. I am going on the Fantasy November 30, and trying to fifure out a way to extend my stay and go to the parks for 5 days afterwards. I am hoping for free dining or a good deal on a value resort. Seeing your pictures with the Christmas decorations really inspires me. Loving all the photos you are taking!!! The safari looks amazing!!!

I actually like the safaris with more trucks out. I like the shots with animals and trucks off in the distance.

Great giraffe shots! I guess if you're going to overload on one animal there, the giraffes aren't a bad choice.

Love the silly look on Claire's face once Alexis showed up.

And a lion 3-fer! :cool1:

Woo Hoo! You've arrived in Disney! I'm anxious to see how the living quarters worked out for you and your parents. :rolleyes1

It sounds like, despite the crowds, your day at the Animal Kingdom is off to a fairly good start. The picture of Abby laughing on the safari truck is adorable. That girl is going to be a thrill seeker for sure. :laughing:

Hi Jen-finally caught up. So sad your cruise ended, but I am loving the WDW portion. I am going on the Fantasy November 30, and trying to fifure out a way to extend my stay and go to the parks for 5 days afterwards. I am hoping for free dining or a good deal on a value resort. Seeing your pictures with the Christmas decorations really inspires me. Loving all the photos you are taking!!! The safari looks amazing!!!

I hope you can extend your stay. It was great to have park time after the cruise.

I actually like the safaris with more trucks out. I like the shots with animals and trucks off in the distance.

Great giraffe shots! I guess if you're going to overload on one animal there, the giraffes aren't a bad choice.

Love the silly look on Claire's face once Alexis showed up.

And a lion 3-fer! :cool1:

I didn't mind al lthe trucks till we got to the end and had to wait quite awhile with a back up.

You are right, if you are stuck by an animal, Giraffe is my choice.

Woo Hoo! You've arrived in Disney! I'm anxious to see how the living quarters worked out for you and your parents. :rolleyes1

It sounds like, despite the crowds, your day at the Animal Kingdom is off to a fairly good start. The picture of Abby laughing on the safari truck is adorable. That girl is going to be a thrill seeker for sure. :laughing:

It was a little cramped with the parents. We survived, but I really don't want to do that again in such a small room.

I think Abby will be a thrill seeker too.

Love the update, Jen! Lots of great animal shots even though it was bumpy.

You really have to do the Wild Africa Trek one day, Jen. It is one of the most awesome tours they offer! We had so much fun and you get to see the animals really up close ....... plus some "scary" bridges to cross. :thumbsup2

Love the update, Jen! Lots of great animal shots even though it was bumpy.

You really have to do the Wild Africa Trek one day, Jen. It is one of the most awesome tours they offer! We had so much fun and you get to see the animals really up close ....... plus some "scary" bridges to cross. :thumbsup2

I really want to Karin. I hope I can work it in in the next year or so.

We decided that those of us braver souls were going to get a fastpass for Expedition Everest. Claire has talked about doing this ride for a couple of years, but we haven’t been back since she has been tall enough. The thing is, Claire can be a chicken at times. BUT when you have your brave cousin with you, you might become a little bit brave yourself and Claire decided she would go.
We all headed that way.

That sunlight was really not camera friendly.

We stopped off a minute to check these guys out.

And we decided to stop and get a photopass picture of our family.

At this very moment my Dad decides to turn his cell phone on and check his messages. We all kept yelling at him to get over here, but he totally did not hear a word we were saying and proceeds to stand there and call people back. Now if we had not stopped to get a picture done, he would’ve been left behind. He was totally oblivious to the world around him at that moment. Oh well, we’re not going to hold up the photographer.

Notice that Abby is missing from the first one. She wasn’t too sure about this. She decided to get in the 2nd one.

But there was NO WAY she was going to give a thumbs up.

On we went towards Everest.

We got our fastpasses and had a bit of time before we could use them, so we separated. I am not sure what the chickens, …..um I mean rest of the family did, but we made our way to dinoland to kill some time.

We saw a turtle swimming along.

We entered Dinoland USA!

We decided to get in line for Triceratop Spin.

While in line, Claire and Alexis had a discussion about where they would sit and who would be driving. We figured out the best seat for each and I think they each got a front seat, while Rob and I were in the back seats. I think it was important to them to be able to lift us up and down.

I took pictures around the area before we got started and once in the air, I took some more.

Weeeeeeeeeee!

After that they decided to do Primeval Whirl. That’s not something I like. I hate spinning, it makes me sick, so I walked around while they got in line.

It looks like this dino is going potty!

I browsed the store for a bit.

Took a peek to see if I could see them.

I think Rob texted me that they were getting on and I ran over and waited for them to come by.

It was really loud there and I think I shouted several times before they even noticed I was standing right there.

Off they went and I only got one more glimpse of them and then lost the way they were tracking.

After that it was time to head back to Everest. Rob mentioned on the way over that his muscles had been very sore ever since he had been in the hottub the day before on the ship. He said usually he’s feels so much better, but this time he was so achy. I said that perhaps he cought a bug. Boy, I hate when I am right…..

The FP line for Everest moved pretty quickly.

And then we were off!

The view as we climbed.

The thing about taking pictures while on a rollercoaster …..it’s bumpy and hard to hold the camera, let alone focus.

I did try to explain what would happen to Claire as we went along, well from what I could remember.

It was a hit. She and Alexis both were all smiles when we got off.

In fact, it was so much fun that the girls wanted to ride again, and luckily the line was pretty much nonexistent at the moment.

They both joked about getting the front seat and how scary it would be. We ended up with 2nd and 3rd rows.

The backwards part soon became the favorite part of the ride.

I got a quick glimpse of the Yeti.

And another redneck shot of us.

I have tried to take a picture of these lanterns several times, but they always come out blurry and fuzzy.

The girls wanted to ride again, but it was now getting close to parade time, so we headed back to meet up with the family.

They had a spot saved and we all settled in. It was time for a snack and an ice-cream cart was very nearby, so I ran and got a Mickey bar for me and Claire a sandwich.

Geoff, Aunt Mary, Pete and Vicki had entered the park now and we texted back and forth to let them know where we were. They ended up just stopping along the way to watch the parade before catching up with us.

I took a few pictures while I waited for the parade to reach us.

It looks like we have a little pre-show entertainment.

We stopped for a photo moment for Claire.

That is such a cute picture!

Yeah for the Christmas tree and decorations being up at AK. I really do love the AK Christmas tree. It is my absolute favorite because its so unique.

Boo to Jersey week crowds, although it looks like a gorgeous day.

I know that hungry feeling and I always have it worse at lunch time. I am always starving by 10:30 when I visit WDW.

Great giraffe pictures. Love them!

Off to read more.

You got all three lions on the rock? 3 Lions???????? I didn't even KNOW there were three lions. My entire mission in June is to get a decent lion picture. Just one. That's all I ask. It's not a big request. :rotfl2:

So glad that Claire enjoyed EE. It's always wonderful when your children get over that hump and can really enjoy a ride.

Love you photos from the ride.

Also love the family PP pics. Well - except for the one when Abby was having no parts of it.

Geebras? :rotfl2: Too cute!

There are 2 Lion prides that rotate being on stage...the pride that has 2 and the pride that has 3. They rotate them onstage. Just learned that last week on the Wild Africa Trek.

Jill in CO

I am the only one in my family that likes roller coasters.

I have decided on this August trip I am going to leave my family of chickens behind and hop on the single rider line of every roller coaster I encounter. Including Everest, which I have never ridden before because of my family full of chickens.

That is such a cute picture!

Yeah for the Christmas tree and decorations being up at AK. I really do love the AK Christmas tree. It is my absolute favorite because its so unique.

Boo to Jersey week crowds, although it looks like a gorgeous day.

I know that hungry feeling and I always have it worse at lunch time. I am always starving by 10:30 when I visit WDW.

Great giraffe pictures. Love them!

Off to read more.

I am glad I am not the only one who gets hungry like that.

I was so excited to see real Christmas decorations at Disney. finally after years of hoping, it was really happening.

You got all three lions on the rock? 3 Lions???????? I didn't even KNOW there were three lions. My entire mission in June is to get a decent lion picture. Just one. That's all I ask. It's not a big request. :rotfl2:

So glad that Claire enjoyed EE. It's always wonderful when your children get over that hump and can really enjoy a ride.

Love you photos from the ride.

Also love the family PP pics. Well - except for the one when Abby was having no parts of it.

Geebras? :rotfl2: Too cute!

I guess I never paid attention at how many were out. I just know they are lazy and hardly ever move. :rotfl:
I hope Claire remembers how much she liked EE next trip.
Abby can be a stinker. On Easter I chased her around to get her picture and she hid under the table every time she saw me. :confused3

Awesome pics! :)

thanks

There are 2 Lion prides that rotate being on stage...the pride that has 2 and the pride that has 3. They rotate them onstage. Just learned that last week on the Wild Africa Trek.

Jill in CO

I did not know that. Very interesting and now I need to do the trek for sure. ;)

I am the only one in my family that likes roller coasters.

I have decided on this August trip I am going to leave my family of chickens behind and hop on the single rider line of every roller coaster I encounter. Including Everest, which I have never ridden before because of my family full of chickens.

Sounds like a good plan. There have been times in years past where Skip and I each take turns and do the single rider lines. But it's more fun if Claire will go along as well.

It's funny how the body works. I can do Primeval Whirl no problem, but Expedition Everest makes me feel awful. I'm glad Claire and Alexis enjoyed it though!

How awesome that you got to see the zebras. I understand they don't play well with others and got booted out of the safari.

Claire reminds me so much of my own daughter. The blond hair, pale skin and light colored eyes. She's beautiful !!

Looking forward to reading more !!

Susan

It's funny how the body works. I can do Primeval Whirl no problem, but Expedition Everest makes me feel awful. I'm glad Claire and Alexis enjoyed it though!

too funny, for me spinning = puke. Ok maybe not taht bad, but not feeling ggod for the rest of the day.

How awesome that you got to see the zebras. I understand they don't play well with others and got booted out of the safari.

Claire reminds me so much of my own daughter. The blond hair, pale skin and light colored eyes. She's beautiful !!

Looking forward to reading more !!

Susan

Someone else on antoehr board told me that in March only 1 was out because they were over grazing or something along those lines. i guess the zebra's are bossy little guys.

Thanks. I think she is beautiful too. She can be a stinker at time, but I think I'll keep her.

I had been telling the family how much I LOVE this parade. This is my utmost favorite Disney parade currently running. My all-time favorite is Spectro Magic, but that seems to be dead now. So as we waited I kept telling Gail about this parade and how great the music is, and it’s just so fun. I think I had her excited to see it as well.

Soon the parade made its way to us!

Here is something I had not noticed right off the bat. But something was different today.

It didn’t take long for me to realize the music was slightly off. I have this on CD and listen to it quite often and when it changed I noticed it immediately.

HOLY COW!!!!!!! It’s the Christmas parade! I was so excited. I have never seen this version before. I even researched before I came to see when the first Christmas one started, but according to the history I found, I didn’t expect to see it at all during our trip. It had dates like the 16th or 18 of Nov. This was the 8th! I later talked to a few other people who said that this week was the first showing, and actually the parade I saw this day was most likely the first one of the season.
I quickly told Gail that this was the Christmas one, and though similar, it wasn’t completely the same.

Awww, isn’t his tail cute?

The girls got a little attention. Mostly Alexis and Abby got attention and I think Claire was slightly jealous. But she has gotten plenty of attention on past visits, so I reminded her of that. I do think where we were standing kind of made her left out though a bit. We were next to a tree and the other kids were more visible from the floats than Claire and I were.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter