OH NO!! What's my options?

Our kids attend a catholic high school and the graduation date can vary by quite a lot. It is dependent on the bishops schedule, we are a smaller school so we don't get much clout. Last year it was a Tuesday. :headache:

If there is no other option that works date wise, I would go with skipping graduation. The fact that this is already booked - based on the info they gave you which they then changed - gives it a higher priority (if it were me).

Hopefully DCL can give you a good option but realistically, she's going to graduate whether she is there or not. I'd much rather be on a ship soaking up the atmosphere than sitting in a huge crowd listening to names being read so you can go across a stage for a few seconds. (My high school graduating class was around 650 or so so we didn't even read names. I was an honor student but would have gladly skipped it if I had a chance to be somewhere else like my graduation cruise!)

You're completely fine. You can get a full refund up until 90 days prior to sail date for week-long cruises and 75 days prior for cruises of 5 nights or less. Just call DCL or your travel agent and request a cancellation. Or better yet, book another cruise that fits your schedule!

Not when you book concierge.

I apologize for giving you incorrect information. I read your post way too quickly and missed the fact that you booked concierge!

Wasn't suggesting she skip it.

Assumed it was HS but just in case it was college I mentioned my experience.

It's weird that they changed the date though. Those things are usually firm. Especially if they aren't using school facilities for it (my hs grad was at a downtown convention type center, for instance, and schools where I live now all use the Tacoma Dome for their ceremonies). Have you triple checked?

Eta: wondering if the first time or this time they gave you THIS year's date.
Absolutely no offense taken here. And I was suggesting to skip it. Sorry for not getting back with everyone. So I can move the dates. Tried to knock it down to one room, but that would be considered a cancellation. We just figured out new dates that would accommodate one college, one high school, and one elementary, along with my work. Sent the email to the TA this evening so won't know anything till tomorrow. Will definitely let y'all know what's up!

Absolutely no offense taken here. And I was suggesting to skip it. Sorry for not getting back with everyone. So I can move the dates. Tried to knock it down to one room, but that would be considered a cancellation. We just figured out new dates that would accommodate one college, one high school, and one elementary, along with my work. Sent the email to the TA this evening so won't know anything till tomorrow. Will definitely let y'all know what's up!

Good luck! :)

Also to let y'all know what happened with the graduation, the school had to make a change from the normal venue do to the larger than normal class size. When we called to inquire about it today, they said that this is the first time it's ever happened. Of coarse it would have happened less than a week AFTER I book my first cruise ever.

Also to let y'all know what happened with the graduation, the school had to make a change from the normal venue do to the larger than normal class size. When we called to inquire about it today, they said that this is the first time it's ever happened. Of coarse it would have happened less than a week AFTER I book my first cruise ever.

Look on the bright side, you are going on a Disney cruise!

It's official, we sail April 1, 2016!! No lose in money, but new dates cost a little more. We do however get to sail earlier, so that is better on my anxiety:crazy2:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter