OH NO!! What's my options?

disneyairforceguy

Mouseketeer
I called my daughters school prior to booking my cruise. We got 2 concierge rooms for May 13 2016 that I booked last Thursday. I was just told that the school rescheduled the graduation for my sail date. Will I be able to reschedule? Will I loose my deposit?

You're completely fine. You can get a full refund up until 90 days prior to sail date for week-long cruises and 75 days prior for cruises of 5 nights or less. Just call DCL or your travel agent and request a cancellation. Or better yet, book another cruise that fits your schedule!

Since it is concierge, DCL does not have to refund your deposit under the T&Cs. Maybe try calling DCL to see if they'll work with you?

I already have an email out to my TA. The concierge nonrefundable thing is what has me worried, and I know this is the place that could either set my mind at ease or let me know that I'm screwed. Still uncertain at this point. Thanks for the response though.

Just call and ask to "modify the date" of your cruise. It's totally no problem! I've switched the room category of our first cruise concierge and back twice already, and moved it (the deposit and reservation) to something like four different dates.

Change it. At NO point during the conversation should you say "cancel". Change or modify it.

This is high school? FWIW I didn't walk through college graduation and have no regrets about it.

Change it. At NO point during the conversation should you say "cancel". Change or modify it.

This is high school? FWIW I didn't walk through college graduation and have no regrets about it.
Totally agree, but try explaining to a 16 year old girl who's life ha evolved around high school (dance team captain) that it would be ok. Ha ha

Yes, agreed, it's a rare highschooler that would be ok with skipping their own graduation. It sounds like you have options though. A DCL for a graduation gift? cool!

Choose new dates and have your TA handle it. While there are no refunds for concierge bookings, you are able to change the date and category.

Relax, all will be fine.

Totally agree, but try explaining to a 16 year old girl who's life ha evolved around high school (dance team captain) that it would be ok. Ha ha

Wasn't suggesting she skip it.

Assumed it was HS but just in case it was college I mentioned my experience.

It's weird that they changed the date though. Those things are usually firm. Especially if they aren't using school facilities for it (my hs grad was at a downtown convention type center, for instance, and schools where I live now all use the Tacoma Dome for their ceremonies). Have you triple checked?

Eta: wondering if the first time or this time they gave you THIS year's date.

In our state, state statute requires all districts to set a graduation date by April 1st of the year of graduation. So, graduations are in June and you know by April and often not earlier than that!

In our state, state statute requires all districts to set a graduation date by April 1st of the year of graduation. So, graduations are in June and you know by April and often not earlier than that!

Wow. I cannot even imagine it being so willy nilly and easy to change!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter