• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

OH NO not another crazy Fad for my kids!

I too live on LI...Commack...and saw them at a local card store. This store is known for stocking the lastest "fad"...My boys ds8 and ds10 haven't said anything yet and I am not tellin'.....not wasting more money...Anyone want a bag of webkinz (used no tags)....I have a bag of that fad waitin' for big bros big sis....at least rubber bands have a functional value LOL

Just learned about these at dance class this morning, they are supposedly all the rage at this little girls school, and we had never even heard of them..:rotfl:

Now of course I'm sure my kids will want them.

So I was out and about today and passed by 2 Walgreens so I stopped in each. Neither had even heard of them let alone the Disney ones (the ones I was hoping for.) This may explain why my kids are the only ones with them (if they haven't made them here yet.) I got mine at Justice since I read about them on DIS and figured it was only a matter of time, so I threw them in their Easter Baskets. But I wanted the Disney ones. :lmao: No luck though.

FYI AC Moore has them in this weeks AD, 4.99 so no special pricing but you can use coupons. :lmao: My ACMoore had a HUGE bin of them in the seasonal section that faces the registers.

As for Walgreens, where in the store should I look? This reminds me of them stocking ZhuZhu stuff with pet supplies. :rotfl2: I'm thinking these will either be in seasonal, toys, or office supplies. Anyone see them in there yet?

I couldn't find any at our Walgreens either :headache:. We have a Learning Center in town and my DD is begging me to take her there.

FYI AC Moore has them in this weeks AD, 4.99 so no special pricing but you can use coupons. :lmao: My ACMoore had a HUGE bin of them in the seasonal section that faces the registers.

As for Walgreens, where in the store should I look? This reminds me of them stocking ZhuZhu stuff with pet supplies. :rotfl2: I'm thinking these will either be in seasonal, toys, or office supplies. Anyone see them in there yet?

Just came on to post same thing. :) We stopped at Walgreens today too cause we were told they were getting them in on Friday. My DD walked in the store and was looking where they usually keep them. The cashier asked if she was looking for the rubber band things, she said yes. He said well you are about the 50th person to come in today for them and we are not getting them until next week. Trying to decide if I want to run to AC moore tomorrow.

Haven't heard at all about these... and I am not going to even try to ask the kids.

This trend just started in my DDs middle school --- boys and girls both are wearing them. My daughter made a point to tell me we HAVE TO get some tomorrow so she can wear them to school Monday. :lmao:

My daughter first informed me of these about 2 months ago... saying hurry up and go to Five Below to get them because they were recalled or something?
Of course, never felt the need to get them.
Then while shopping in Justice they were just putting them out on the counter, so I picked up a pack for each girl about a month ago so I'd have them for Easter baskets.
Flash forward to last night... yep, all over looking for them. My youngest had a playdate and offered one of hers to her friend and friend's sister, they took all of them but one they left my daughter.

so.... almost $22 later for 4 packs - 2 packs for each of my two girls last night.... ugh? for rubberbands? Ridiculous. I said enjoy these, these are the last you are getting! And searched 3 stores till finally found the suckers!

My daughter said how some kids in school have an armful of them... funny, after she said that, went to walmart and yep, there we saw a little girl, wow, kid had these from her wrist up to her elbow! Can't imagine how much $$$ she had on her arm with these stupid things!

we live in Indiana. They're easy to get and fairly popular. Hallmarks and Party supply stores have the most selection here.

Kids love them. I love allowance...they can spend their money on the stuff...and the Easter bunny brought some.

:thumbsup2

I was wondering what they were! I was in hallmark a couple weeks ago and saw them there. Of course after that I realized kids (mostly the elementary kids) were wearing them. I'm a school bus driver so I drive all ages. I asked my own kids if they have seen them and they haven't. But they go to a charter school where they have to wear uniforms. My bus run is for public schools, so that's probably why. I know the kids are wearing them, but if there are disney ones, i'll probably have to get some for myself :) lol..

Ok after I posted I did some googling myself for the disney bands. I found a site called www.logobandz.com According to them they'll be releasing some disney ones but they don't have a release date yet. They are cute though. But then again, I usually do like anything disney.

I got what must be the generic form of these at Factory Card outlet.

$1.99 a pack and BOGO

they had farm, zoo and sea packs.

Ok after I posted I did some googling myself for the disney bands. I found a site called www.logobandz.com According to them they'll be releasing some disney ones but they don't have a release date yet. They are cute though. But then again, I usually do like anything disney.

I am not seeing them on the site. I know my DDs would love Disney ones!

I just ordered from them the shipping wasn't bad either. My kids wanted ones we just can't find in the store so decided to order them. We will see how long they take to get here.

I ordered them 4/15, we went away for a few days and had our mail held, but they were there on 4/22 when we got back so it took a week. I figured the shipping was less than driving to 20 stores looking for the things!

I posted this on another thread too but...

Anyone have any Ariel ones to trade? I have ordered a bunch for my girls but DD8 LOVES Ariel and those wern't going to ship till mid July and hold up my whole order so I didn't order them. I'd like a Jasmine too but one or two Ariels is all I need out of the whole package. I ordered Mickey and friends, the other princesses, Tink and Toy Story I could trade. I'd love to save my girls some money on buying another whole pack for $8 when all they really want is at least one Ariel and hopefully a Jasmine. Let me know, they are not for sale, just for trade. (They would consider other rare, non Disney for Disney trades too if you have some. They really only wanted one of each, didn't need 5 of each.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter