• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Oh, Just A Few GALLONS of Pixie Dust! - A July/August 2012 TR

First....just in case I forget....Happy Birthday!!!

Love all of your safari pictures! That's cool that you got to see a lion up & about. And the warthogs, too. Every time I do the safari, they're also sleeping. :confused3

That's nice that you were able to make a special bond with your new gorilla boyfriend, Bert. :rotfl: I bet he misses you. :sad1:

I'm glad you were able to watch FOTLK. I've heard all those rumors too about it going away for Avatarland or whatever it'll be called. Seems like I recently read a rumor that said the whole Avatar thing is on hold because Disney & James Cameron can't agree on some things. I really wish Disney would do away with that project. It just seems like a horrible idea. And it would probably make me dislike AK more than I already do. I know, I know....everyone loves AK. Don't hate me! :flower3:

Thank you!!! YAY.

Aw thanks! That was the first time I really saw a lion, so I was completely amazed! They're so awesome. Haha, I didn't realize the warthogs were so sleepy all the time!

Right? I hope he remembers me. :lmao:

I would love them to forget about the whole project. I know the movie was a huge success, but I personally thought it was just super weird and creepy. :confused3 It doesn't belong in my Disney. :snooty:

I just wanted to tell you that I am thoroughly enjoying your TR! I love that you are a big fan of random dancing and get choked up at all the same things I do! I hope that you have an amazing birthday!:cake:

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday Dear Marissa
Happy Birthday to you.

I completely agree with you, your family should have complete set of picture puzzles from Disney World.:thumbsup2

I did hear the rumor too about FOTLK closing January 2013. I hope it is after our trip. But will be sad when it leaves, it is one of our family favorites.

:flower1::daisy: HAPPY BIRTHDAY :flower1::daisy:

Disney has got to stop closing things before I get the chance to see them! Snow White, Test Track (yes, I know it's coming back), they changed Country Bears! Good thing I will get to see the Festival of the Lion King! You know, cus it's all about me! :p:rotfl:

Happy birthday!

Hmm... I don't know how to break this to you, but (brace yourself)- those ostrich eggs are not real. I heard once that they stick them there so that the ostriches stay put and don't go too far away. If it makes you feel any better, apparently they fool the ostriches too! :)

Awesome you saw a lion! I've only seen him up and moving around once, and I've been on lots of safaris. You're a lucky lady!

I also heard they might close FotLK, but then I heard that they might just close it temporarily and move it somewhere else, then I heard that nothing is going to change, so, who knows? I hope it doesn't go anywhere either, its a wonderful show!

I just wanted to pop in and say

:bday:

I hope it's completely wonderful!

Also, just gotta say again how much I adore your TRs. When my hubby and I were at AK we didn't do the Safari and I was a little bummed. Now I really am bummed because the only reason I was ok with it was because of the "Little Red" story line. I've never really been crazy about it. It was kind of pointless. I totally agree that you're on a freaking safari and that's all you need. :sad2:

Hi! Surprise I'm alive! haha.

Ok I am all caught up.

Ohana is so amazing isn't it! Love that place!!

Loved all your pictures of Spaceship Earth! I don't know if its possible to not take a good picture of it.

Sounds like you guys had a fabulous day at Animal Kingdom!! I will have to give the safari another chance next time. I didn't like to old set up for it, but maybe with the change you described I would appreciate it more. I will be SO MAD if FOTL goes away. Especially for something Avatar? What the heck. It was good but not that good.

I LOVE SITTING IN THE LION SECTION!!! RAWR! haha! :rotfl:

Okay, those cheetahs are not blurry...they are just camouflaged really well:thumbsup2. You've got to get better at this "story and I'm stickin' to it" thing.:lmao:

I'm a little offended by the ranking at FOTLK. I mean, we've seen it once, and we were GIRAFFES.

WHAT DOES THAT SAY ABOUT US!?!?!?!?!:sad2:

I have been enjoying your TR.

From what I have read on another site is that FOTLK will be closing temporarily so that it can be relocated to another spot in AK. The move will take about 6 months. Then it will reopen in it's new location while the Camp Minnie Mickey area gets prepared for if Avatarland does begin construction.

Um, I was so far behind and got all caught up tonight, but can't possibly remember everything I wanted to say. So let's just start with the most important thing first.

I am loving Once this season!!!! Love it! I hope we get to see more of Lancelot this season and that Cora was lying, because I liked him. And can we just stop and talk about how delicious Hook looks? ;) swoon. Sex-ay. And I love how the characters are a combo of their Fairytale self and Storybrooke self. Does this mean Ruby still turns into a werewolf? And who the heck is Dr. Whale?

I digress. Your view from your hotel room really was Ah-May-Zing! :thumbsup2 I love that you could see the Beast's castle from there too!

Oh, and happy birthday! Have a fabulous weekend! We will be celebrating my little girl's bday too (she turned 5 on Tuesday :sad1:) so I will pretend that her party is also your party and eat cupcakes for you. :yay:

Oh, I was bummed that the new Cinderella DVD came out and that I already have it on dvd since the new one has the Tangled short on it. Seriously considered buying it again just to have the Tangled short.

Oh, and wanted to mention, that I have ridden on an elephant before!

I know that there was so much more I was going to comment on, and now that's it's so early, (and I've been awake for almost 24 hours now), I'm too delirious to remember. Can't wait to go home and go to sleep.

Happy happy birthday!

I hope you have a lovely birthday!!

Love, love the safari!! I do feel a little like we are the ones on display for the animals. LOL

I actually feel a but creeped out by the gorillas. The just have such human eyes and seem to look right into your mind. I wonder what they are thinking.

I think, but not sure, but I think I heard avatar has been put on hold. Like permeant hold. One could only hope.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I have heard the same information as a few others, that Festival of the Lion King will close temporarily and then be moved to a new spot. I guess in about two years, we can look back on all of the rumors and speculations and see what really was in the works.

Happy birthday!

Hmm... I don't know how to break this to you, but (brace yourself)- those ostrich eggs are not real. I heard once that they stick them there so that the ostriches stay put and don't go too far away. If it makes you feel any better, apparently they fool the ostriches too! :)

I also heard they might close FotLK, but then I heard that they might just close it temporarily and move it somewhere else, then I heard that nothing is going to change, so, who knows?

I'm so glad you did the dirty deed of telling her about the ostrich eggs.
I was stressing in my mind as I read, wondering to tell or not to tell, and then I saw your post.

Saved! :laughing:

Happy Birthday to you! Hope you have a Happy Birthday!

Also- I'm going to take a guess and say Friends... cuz I don't know anything else that it could be.

Limited time magic? is anyone else as stumped as I am at how that made it through the ad execs?

Oh the baby with her mama?? So cute!!!

How awesome that you got to feed a giraffe??? I seriously love giraffes, their probably my favorite animal!

And how great about the extra credits!!! I wonder where you'll use them? Boma perhaps?
HATE THE SLOGAN. HATE HATE HATE HATE.

Happy Belated! ;-)

Loving the pictures. DH wants to see Fotlk. :)

I know I'm a few hours early, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I always take pictures of ducks on my vacations! They're everywhere and they're cute! What's not to love?

HOLIDAY ARMADILLO! I was watching TOW The Holiday Armadillo when I found out that Bin Laden had been killed. And now whenever I hear someone mention that episode, that's the first thing I think of. :upsidedow

Awww! Teen lion! I feel like that would be a show on the CW or something, maybe about a teenager who sometimes turns into a lion? Yeah, I went there.

I loooooooove Festival of the Lion King! Every time I've seen it, I've been in the warthog section. I've gotten really good at the snorting thing. I really hope that it's just moved and not removed. I'm not a fan of Avatar, and if one of my favorite shows is removed because of it, I will not be a happy camper!

Great update!

I was just on the safari today in fact, it was awesome as usual.

I love the reference to The Holiday Armadillo lol

Happy Birthday!! I hope you have a wonderful day! :yay:

Tree of death! :lmao: Gorilla's Paradise! :lmao: RICOLAAAAAA :lmao: I'm clearly dying over here!

I love FOTLK soooo much too! It's such a cool show! I hope they never get rid of it either.

Okay, little behind but that's okay! I'm here now and I'm catching up finally!

Your view really was the best. Can I just go be there right now?

MICKEY WAFFLEEEEE! Ugh, I want one. They're really the best. And yes, Disney bacon is a weebit sad. I mean, I'll eat it but it's just not very tasty.

That's awesome that you guys got extra free dining credits! Talk about awesome pixie dust! I can't wait to see where you guys are going to use that credits. :thumbsup2

ANIMAL KINGDOM! God, I love the themeing in that park. I mean, each area is just SO well done!

It's going to be weird when they change the slogan. I mean, it's just weird to not sing, "LIVIN' IT UP! LOVE THAT FEEEL-AAAANGGGG, LIVIN' IT UP, LET THE MEMORIES BEGIN!" I'm guessing it'll be different when we go in January. Aw, kind of sad. :(

I LOVE the puzzle idea! I'm obsessed with puzzles, so this is awesome. And I love your face on the puzzle piece. :rotfl:

That shot of the giraffe with his tongue out is fantastic! Little guy was just hungry, that's all, hahaha.

Our zoo has a giraffe-feeding thing, too! I always mean to do it but the line is super long and then I just say forget it. One of these days I'll do it!

Go here. You can thank me later. http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/the-7-best-pictures-of-a-baby-elephant-playing-at

AW I just love ducks! Disney ducks are truly the best. :cloud9:

HAHAHA I love the holiday armadillo! He is just dressed up for Halloween, a few months early, clearly.

Aww, that lion is so beautiful! I love lions and when you get to see them on the safari it's such a treat!

I'm glad they're ditching that whole storyline, too. It just seemed out of place for the safari.

I love that you named the gorilla Bart, hahaha. Gorillas are so cool. It's like if you watch them, they're SO similar to humans it's kind of crazy. I love watching them at our zoo.

YAY for FoTLK! I know how much you adore that show, so I hope it doesn't shut down! I just feel like it's too popular to ever close down, so fingers crossed it stays open, regardless of their plans for this stupid Avatarland (which I wish they'd just totally get rid of and do something else way more awesome).

WOO, I'm all caught up again! :yay:

Ok so I have no I have no idea how I manage to keep missing updates on everyone's TRs but I'm here and I'm commenting!

I love the safari, it's actually amazing! Especially when you see so many animals, sometimes the Orlando weather doesn't like to cooperate though!

Love giraffes! I'm so jealous you got to feed them! I want to do that! Cracks me up how the giraffe knows how to get food by standing in the middle of the road! Hahaha.

Aww baby elephant, cute!

Hahaha the Holiday Armidillo, love that episode of Friends far too much! I just love how Ross says it, far too funny! :)

Aww I hope you and X are happy together, I think he was the one I saw sleeping in the weirdest position on my trip!

Yay the Lion King :) ooh apparently they are advertising for new performers for it so hopefully that means it's not going anywhere! :)

Ps, happy birthday! I know I said it on twitter, but I'm saying it again :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter