Oh, Just A Few GALLONS of Pixie Dust! - A July/August 2012 TR

Happy belated birthday!!!! :yay:

Yay for a great AK day!!! It's funny, sometimes on Kali you end up dry, but others you get SOAKED!!

I love ITTBAB! The show itself is so cute, but those glasses really seal the deal for me.

I can't ride Primeval Whirl (or any crazy mouse coaster) because it makes me sick. That's funny that it's one that your mom can handle!

I don't even know the last time I rode Kali River Rapids. I always want to because I like the ride, but I hate walking around soaking wet, so I always chicken out.

Yay for another update! :cheer2:

I have a confession...I have never watched It's Tough to be a Bug! I have no clue why either....maybe I just never realized it was a 3d show?! Idk but all I have to say is I am definitely seeing it our next trip! I think my step-kids will really get a kick out of it :) I have heard the Beauty and the Bees song from it and love it!!

Do you think that Pizza Planet and Pizzafari are equal in their yumminess?? On our trip next year we are doing one of the two. I am leaning towards Pizza Planet but I wasn't sure which one I should do. I am almost certain that it pretty much the same but I still would love your input :goodvibes

I am so excited to get extremely soaked on Kali River Rapids. I loveeee water rides :) What was the temperature most days you were there??? I am sure it was HOTTTTTTT but was just curious :)

I just love the flow you guys have going on this trip! Your family seems so awesome to go to Disney with. Most families are like lets go go go and stick to a schedule and if one thing goes wrong they get cranky and freak out. But its really nice to see your family just going with the flow. They seem like a very awesome family to have!! And it looks like Jacob is having the time of his life!!!! :)

I am OBSESSED with parades and fireworks! Ever since I was a kid I have loved sitting and watching a parade. Lots of adults don't appreciate them but I am glad you do. I have seen every parade but the Jammin' Jungle Parade. I am adding it to our must do list for our trip! I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yay:

We missed the Maharajah Jungle Trek and Kali this time. You'll have to read *that* saga when I get to my AK day in my TR. Sigh. (<---That was a Shere Kahn-esque sigh, and very dramatic.)

I love Disney pizza, too, and I was actually really pleased with the Caesar salad at Pizzafari! Yum! I'm hungry. Boo.

Looks like you may have gotten a tad bit wet there, guys...wet undies are very uncomfy, but we won't discuss that.

I've never seen that parade, but somehow I know the music?? Explain that one to me!

BOO. Oh no, a saga? A dramatic sigh? What does it all mean?

It's so good, right? It's a pretty great place if you ask me!

Hahha, we did indeed. It made for an interesting evening. Well not really, but it was a little uncomfortable. :laughing:

I mean, I've never seen Spectromagic or Boo to You, and I know the music to both, so I totally get it! Part of our job as DISers is to know these things automatically, of course. ;) But you should really see it sometime! It's a fun one, I promise!

I love the Tigers, too. We saw them on our last trip and they were just laying around licking their paws just like a regular kitty does. They just look so cuddly. It is hard to imagine they could tear you to pieces in three seconds flat.

We always get SOAKED on Kali. We can pretty much count on it. So we bring in a change of clothes every time we go to AK now because we just know we are going to need them.

I know! I always think about that when I see the lions laying around sleeping. It's so funny. They really are CATS... just ones that have bad tempers. :lmao:

I didn't even think about riding Kali that day, and it's weird because originally I had planned to pack extra clothes! Even in December I brought changes of clothes with me 'just in case.' In December? I have no idea why none of this occurred to me that morning! Hahah.

Great update. Love those parade pictures. I have NEVER been on Kali River Rapids...I think I may have to give it a try in January if its not too cold. -Amanda

Thank you! Yeah, it's worth a try! I've never been in January, but if last December's weather is any indication, it'll be nice!

Thank you for reading along and for commenting! I really appreciate it! :goodvibes

Fun afternoon! I'm so glad you guys didn't let some rain get in the way of AK fun!

Pizzafari, hmmm... you know when they say if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all. Yeah, I'm not really a fan of Disney pizza, but DH on the other hand, thinks its the greatest thing on earth.

I think you guys are brave to ride Kali without a change of clothes. Just thinking about walking around in wet clothes all day makes me feel icky.

You are such a good sport to ride primeval whirl even though you don't enjoy it! I think it is a fun little ride, but you do get tossed around that is for sure!

Oh my gosh, ITTBAB, well, it scares the pants off me! :scared1: I haven't taken Everett and I'm not sure when I'll get up the courage. I'm sure he'll love it, he is already much braver than me!

It was indeed! Haha, NEVER!

Hahah I always knew your husband was smart! ;) I love Disney pizza (except when it's super greasy)!

Honestly, I just told someone else this but I didn't even THINK about it. For some reason when I was thinking about the day, I never once thought of Kali. It's weird though, because I've packed changes of clothes in DECEMBER before. Yet somehow, I didn't even think of it in AUGUST. I'm crazy, I tell ya.

Aww well that's nice of you to say! I've enjoyed it in the past, but this time it just wasn't fun for me! However, I'm sure I'll give it another chance someday. Maybe it was having an off day. :laughing:

HAHAHA. I just love it! I don't even understand why! Aww, I'm sure someday you'll be brave enough! Hahahah!

Looks like y'all were really having a fun day....rain or no rain!

I'm with your mom on Primevil Whirl! It does toss you around quite a bit but it makes me laugh.

I have yet to ride Kali River Rapids because most of the time I don't like to ride wet rides. I have to be in the mood for them. But, I really need to try that ride some day. It looks like lots of fun!

I love It's Tough to be a Bug! So, so cute! But, I haven't been in the past few years with Reid. The boy freaks out over any kind of bug so I don't think it would be a good choice for him.

Can't wait to hear where y'all went for dinner!!

Definitely! I'm sure if the rain had been heavier, it wouldn't have been as easy to handle. But since it was just a light sprinkle we figured we'd take our chances!

Hahah I know. She just LOVES it. She laughs so much on it. I'm sure yall would have a lot of fun riding it together. I've liked it in the past, so I'm sure I'll ride it again someday. At least when my mom is there. :)

I don't know what it is, but I've always enjoyed them! It is a lot of fun!

YAY! I'm glad you agree. I don't blame you for skipping it when it comes to Reid though! I'm sure I would have absolutely hated it when I was younger. My fear of bugs hasn't gone away, but obviously I'm old enough to know the difference between real and fake bugs, so I have no reason to be scared now. :thumbsup2

Somewhere AWESOME!

You know, I never saw the Jammin Jungle Parade! I should probably fix that...
True story: I managed to get through my adolescence without much of an attitude. I think it lasted about a month? (Athought, if you ask my mom it may be a different story...)

Yes, you should! Although when you go it might be the 'Jingle' version. It's still cute though!

Hahha, random. I don't think I really did either. I know I never had a too cool for Disney phase though!

ITTBAB really is a great attraction and it is my absolute FAVORITE attraction for first timers. Because I'm mean and I like to see them get scared. :lmao:

Pizzafari is a good choice. It also helps that it's one of the only indoor CS locations in AK. Seriously I wish more of them were indoor. It's always so bleedin' hot in AK!

Oh, I remember that procedure of waiting the lightening out when I was working at Six Flags. We had similar ones, because your fear isn't the rain, it's the lightening. Try telling guests that when they're all yelling in your face that it's not raining out. :scared1:

Primeval Whirl truly is a death machine. I can't do it often.

HAHAH oh I know! I remember the lingering fear Farrell had. :lmao:

It definitely is! It's crazy. Honestly, this was the first time that I've ever actually eaten at Animal Kingdom (besides Yak and Yeti once) so I didn't even realize! We just wanted the pizza! The indoors was a definite bonus though! Hahha.

Yeah, definitely, because I know attractions stay open when it's just raining. I feel like that should be common knowledge for people. I can't believe people would actually yell in your face about it... but then again, yes I can. :sad2:

I've had fun on it in the past! I don't know what was going on this time but I did NOT enjoy it. Hahah, ugh.

Sounds like another fun afternoon!

Uggghhh wet undies. If we were talking about that I'd tell you that I find that to be incredibly annoying. :rotfl:

We've yet to enjoy ITTBAB. I've felt like Maddie would be scared of it until now-I think she's ready and we'll try it this year. :thumbsup2

Definitely!

Hahha, uggghhh indeed. It was pleasant, let me tell you. :laughing:

Oh, I hope she's ready! I really do love it, but I know I would have hated it when I was younger!

I think we have eaten at Pizzafari once before, but tend to frequent Flame Tree for our CS options or stop off in Asia. Not a huge fan of Disney pizza (shhhh, don't hate me).

Primeval Whirl - it's been ages since I've been on it. I feel like it's always closed when I go. But I remember the last time I went on it, I was laughing hysterically the whole time. I think because I had no idea what I was getting myself into. Not too sure if it would live up to my expectations this time around.

And can we just digress and talk about how handsome/sexy Hook was on Once (with his black eyeliner and all). I'm torn though, because I just feel sad for Rumple. He just wants to be with his son. Poor man, he can't help it that he's all glittery with crazy wavy hair.

And Dr. Whale = Frankenstein? I guess we'll see, but I totally wasn't expecting that.

Hahha that's totally fine. I know a lot of people aren't. It's weird, I've had pizza from Chicago (BEST EVER OMG) but I still love Disney pizza! Basically any pizza with a nice crust is totally okay with me. That being said, I definitely want to try to Yak and Yeti CS place someday! It looks yummy!

My mom always laughs hysterically on it too! She just thinks it's the most fun ride EVER. It's hilarious. I used to like it, but I don't know! I wasn't feeling it that day I guess!

I definitely want him to find his son! It stinks that there doesn't seem to be a way around that right now! But yes... Hook is beautiful. I have to wonder how he and Peter Pan became such mortal enemies if Rumpel is the one who cut off his hand... but I guess in this case we'll never know?

Wait... WHAT? I didn't get to watch the show live on Sunday night so I never saw the preview for next week's episode... Dr. FRANKENSTEIN?!?! I did NOT see that coming! :eek:

Happy belated birthday!!!! :yay:

Yay for a great AK day!!! It's funny, sometimes on Kali you end up dry, but others you get SOAKED!!

Thank you!!!

It was great! Yeah, I've never avoided getting wet on that ride, but I saw plenty of people who did!

I love ITTBAB! The show itself is so cute, but those glasses really seal the deal for me.

I can't ride Primeval Whirl (or any crazy mouse coaster) because it makes me sick. That's funny that it's one that your mom can handle!

I don't even know the last time I rode Kali River Rapids. I always want to because I like the ride, but I hate walking around soaking wet, so I always chicken out.

ME TOO! Yes. The entire thing is just awesome. I always want to be rebellious and keep those glasses!

See, I have an extremely weak stomach, but those rides don't make me sick! I don't know what it was, but I was not having it this time! Hahah, it seriously is. She hates roller coasters of any kind, but she laughs her head off on that ride. It's cute.

I like being wet at first, but it definitely gets old! I always call it 'the walk of shame.' BAHAHAH.

Yay for another update! :cheer2:

I have a confession...I have never watched It's Tough to be a Bug! I have no clue why either....maybe I just never realized it was a 3d show?! Idk but all I have to say is I am definitely seeing it our next trip! I think my step-kids will really get a kick out of it :) I have heard the Beauty and the Bees song from it and love it!!

Do you think that Pizza Planet and Pizzafari are equal in their yumminess?? On our trip next year we are doing one of the two. I am leaning towards Pizza Planet but I wasn't sure which one I should do. I am almost certain that it pretty much the same but I still would love your input :goodvibes

I am so excited to get extremely soaked on Kali River Rapids. I loveeee water rides :) What was the temperature most days you were there??? I am sure it was HOTTTTTTT but was just curious :)

I just love the flow you guys have going on this trip! Your family seems so awesome to go to Disney with. Most families are like lets go go go and stick to a schedule and if one thing goes wrong they get cranky and freak out. But its really nice to see your family just going with the flow. They seem like a very awesome family to have!! And it looks like Jacob is having the time of his life!!!! :)

I am OBSESSED with parades and fireworks! Ever since I was a kid I have loved sitting and watching a parade. Lots of adults don't appreciate them but I am glad you do. I have seen every parade but the Jammin' Jungle Parade. I am adding it to our must do list for our trip! I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yay:

Yay for another COMMENT!!!

Aww yay! I hope yall will all like it, then! I think it's so fun and it cracks me up!

Yeah, definitely! They are the same! I've been to both, but it just depends since they're at different parks. I have to say though, Animal Kingdom has a lot more options than Hollywood does on its counter service food, so it might be a good idea to go to Pizza Planet when you're at DHS, because you'd still have a whole lot to choose from at DAK!

Water rides are the best! Honestly, I'm not sure what the exact temperatures were. I mean, it was definitely super hot, but then again, I'm from VA and it was REALLY hot all summer. Some days it was even hotter here than it was in Orlando. So I may not be the best person to ask this... but just know it was definitely really hot. Hahah.

Aww, that's sweet! Yeah, we didn't want to get too crazy with the schedule because it's almost impossible to do things EXACTLY how you want to at Disney. Some things are out of your control, you know? So we just go with it, hahah.

Yeah, I definitely do appreciate them! I just think they're a big part of the Disney experience! Aww, you MUST see the Jammin' Jungle! It's so much fun! I just love it.

WOW!! That is so awesome that Disney gave you those extra meal credits. I love Disney.

I love your family puzzle pictures and completely agree that you need to get the hat and castle to complete your set. It's okay if you get carried away like I did with my jumping pictures. I wanted jumping pics in front of every land mark and then loved it so much, I also got jumping pics in front of Everest and ToT and I think a few other places too. :lmao:

You can feed giraffes at one of our local zoos too! I love it. Giraffes are perfect. There's one at our other local zoo who is just a baby giraffe and his name is Turbo and I love him. Mostly because he's a giraffe. You are very cool for having fed a giraffe! Only the coolest people do it! :thumbsup2

Oh man. I have to be honest with you. I've ridden an elephant! At the circus. But...I was like 5 and hardly remember it, except from the picture. You can do it in CO every year at the Renaissance Festival. Come here and make all your dreams come true! lol. I have NEVER seen an mommy elephant wash her baby. How adorable. I'm jealous!

Be still my heart...THE HOLIDAY ARMADILLO!!! That is like one of the greatest episodes, hands down, OF ALL TIME! OH MY GOODNESS. It is just so great. :lovestruc

I also love adolescent Simba. Adorable.

I always, ALWAYS sit in the lion section. Because...lions are like the royalty of the animal world, right? And I'm royalty and also a little wild, so it's basically my section as well. EXCEPT THEY NEVER PICK ME TO ROAR. And I always cry. But not as much as I'll cry if FotLK goes away.

That's fantastic that you enjoy cats of all shapes and sizes. Have you seen the Katy Perry movie that's in Redbox right now? There's this part where she is in Tokyo and goes and enjoys a CAT CAFE place. Where you basically drink tea or whatever and hang out with cats, who are just wandering around like they own the place. Me and my bestie want to open one here. So you can come to CO for that too.

Can't wait for more!

Wet Underwear! I would have been not a happy camper!:sad2: Socks and underwear can NOT be wet. Which is why I haven't ridden the water rides yet. I'm going to give Splash a chance this time around, but I'll have a change of clothes with me just in case!

I love tough to be a Bug, but I think it will be many years before I will be able to convince Kadence to try it again! She climb so far up her Daddy's neck, she was a hat!:rotfl2:

I think one of my fav meals in all of Disney id Pizzafari! I was thinking of trying something different this time, but we just can't do it!:lmao:

WOW!! That is so awesome that Disney gave you those extra meal credits. I love Disney.

I love your family puzzle pictures and completely agree that you need to get the hat and castle to complete your set. It's okay if you get carried away like I did with my jumping pictures. I wanted jumping pics in front of every land mark and then loved it so much, I also got jumping pics in front of Everest and ToT and I think a few other places too. :lmao:

You can feed giraffes at one of our local zoos too! I love it. Giraffes are perfect. There's one at our other local zoo who is just a baby giraffe and his name is Turbo and I love him. Mostly because he's a giraffe. You are very cool for having fed a giraffe! Only the coolest people do it! :thumbsup2

Oh man. I have to be honest with you. I've ridden an elephant! At the circus. But...I was like 5 and hardly remember it, except from the picture. You can do it in CO every year at the Renaissance Festival. Come here and make all your dreams come true! lol. I have NEVER seen an mommy elephant wash her baby. How adorable. I'm jealous!

Be still my heart...THE HOLIDAY ARMADILLO!!! That is like one of the greatest episodes, hands down, OF ALL TIME! OH MY GOODNESS. It is just so great. :lovestruc

I also love adolescent Simba. Adorable.

I always, ALWAYS sit in the lion section. Because...lions are like the royalty of the animal world, right? And I'm royalty and also a little wild, so it's basically my section as well. EXCEPT THEY NEVER PICK ME TO ROAR. And I always cry. But not as much as I'll cry if FotLK goes away.

That's fantastic that you enjoy cats of all shapes and sizes. Have you seen the Katy Perry movie that's in Redbox right now? There's this part where she is in Tokyo and goes and enjoys a CAT CAFE place. Where you basically drink tea or whatever and hang out with cats, who are just wandering around like they own the place. Me and my bestie want to open one here. So you can come to CO for that too.

Can't wait for more!

I know! They're the best. They just went above and beyond.

Hahah we're pretty cool, I have to say. I KNOW. I'm so glad you agree!!! Hahah I'm gonna need to see some jumping pictures.

That's awesome! BABY GIRAFFES ARE THE CUTEST THINGS! Baby animals in general just give me the warm fuzzies.

HAVE YOU? That is SO COOL!

Hahah Friends is the best. But we've talked about this before... :lmao: I'm glad you enjoy this particular reference! It's a great episode.

I agree!

They are! They totally are. Oh man, that would be so funny. Maybe you just need to sit in the front! My roar would be so pathetic, bahaha.

I really do. I'm a cat person, I must admit. (I love dogs too though. Just never owned one!) I have not seen that because unfortunately I'm not a Katy Perry fan (I'm sorry!) but can I just say that is the weirdest thing I've ever heard, yet it's also awesome? Because yeah. I'll certainly come to CO for that and some elephants! Hook me up girl! :rotfl:

Wet Underwear! I would have been not a happy camper!:sad2: Socks and underwear can NOT be wet. Which is why I haven't ridden the water rides yet. I'm going to give Splash a chance this time around, but I'll have a change of clothes with me just in case!

I love tough to be a Bug, but I think it will be many years before I will be able to convince Kadence to try it again! She climb so far up her Daddy's neck, she was a hat!:rotfl2:

I think one of my fav meals in all of Disney id Pizzafari! I was thinking of trying something different this time, but we just can't do it!:lmao:

Hahah yes. Ick! Somehow I got used to it, but it definitely wasn't ideal! Hahha oh well. Socks are the worst for me though! I get blisters for no reason sometimes so I feel like that would be SO uncomfortable! I'd been planning on bringing a change of clothes but I completely blanked on it that morning! Silly me.

I have a feeling I would have hated it when I was younger, but now I love it! Still hate bugs though. :rotfl:

Pizzafari is so good! I don't blame you there! Hahha I mean, if it ain't broke, don't fix it, right? :thumbsup2

It's weird to me that you like ITTBAB if you don't like bugs...I hate bees, butterflies, most bugs actually, and I refuse to go anywhere near that attraction! :scared1: I'd like to see it sometime, just out of curiosity, but I'm not sure I'm brave enough. :sad:

OMG they really play the Adventureland music in Discovery Island???? I don't believe it. I'm going to have to check this out for myself (in 2 weeks) because not only is it some of my favorite music from the Disney parks, but it gives me a reason to spend more time in Discovery Island, which we pretty much just run through to get to EE!

Awww, tigers! :lovestruc I love all cats too, they're all kittens to me, which means if I'm in the presence of one there is a lot of obnoxious shrieking and hand waving going on. :laughing: I can't handle cat cuteness.

I really have to see that parade in AK someday, it looks adorable! :love:

It's weird to me that you like ITTBAB if you don't like bugs...I hate bees, butterflies, most bugs actually, and I refuse to go anywhere near that attraction! :scared1: I'd like to see it sometime, just out of curiosity, but I'm not sure I'm brave enough. :sad:

OMG they really play the Adventureland music in Discovery Island???? I don't believe it. I'm going to have to check this out for myself (in 2 weeks) because not only is it some of my favorite music from the Disney parks, but it gives me a reason to spend more time in Discovery Island, which we pretty much just run through to get to EE!

Awww, tigers! :lovestruc I love all cats too, they're all kittens to me, which means if I'm in the presence of one there is a lot of obnoxious shrieking and hand waving going on. :laughing: I can't handle cat cuteness.

I really have to see that parade in AK someday, it looks adorable! :love:

I don't get it either! Seriously, I hate ALL bugs. ALL OF THEM. EVERY KIND THAT EXISTS. But I mean, I know these aren't real... so what's there to be afraid of? :goodvibes

YES! It's so cool! I thought I was hearing things at first. I had to stop and listen and sure enough, it is the exact same loop! I mean, I couldn't just stand there and listen to the whole thing of course, but still. HAHA.

HAHAH that's awesome. I get it! I just love cats. They're the cutest! Next time I want to stick around longer (unless it's sprinkling again) and if they come close, you can rest assured that there will indeed be obnoxious shrieking and hand waving. ;)

Yeah! It's one of my favorites! It's just so lively and colorful, and the music is so fun!

I told my feelings about ITTBAB... NO THANKS. I just don't like bugs. :( I remember when I went on Honey I Shrunk the Kids when I was 6, and the whole rats or mice or whatever it was TERRIFIED me. Same with Captain EO and the stupid lady with the snakes or whatever. I think I don't do well with Disney 3D shows unless it's Muppet Vision or Philharmagic. :rotfl:

Those bug glasses have you guys lookin' mighty fine!

Man, I'm split on Disney pizza. Pizzafari, I loved it! Then I think I had it last trip somewhere else and I just didn't enjoy it as much. I'm sure I'll give it another shot, because I love pizza. BUT ANYWAY, good choice on the food.

Oh man, Primeval Whirl! I feel like everywhere I hear it's like, super violent. I think I'll continue to skip that one, especially based on your injury there! Yep, no thank you.

Kali River Rapids! You guys really did get soaked; but it looks like it was probably refreshing... aside from the soggy underwear. :laughing: I've yet to go on this because in the past it's been closed while we're there or too cold to go on it! We might try it this year; if not, definitely in September if we go, since I'm sure it'll be super hot!

Totally with you on the tigers; they're beautiful.

I love me some Br'er Bear, but had no idea you could see his little hole near his throat so much! I feel like in Disney usually I have NO clue where people see out of the character costumes, hahaha. Donald is so cute!

EEEE you are about to go on my faaavorite ride in Disney World! Can't wait to hear all about it.

I love ITTBAB!! And I hate them so much in real life... well most.
I mean I don't hate ladybugs...but they are almost in a separate category aren't they? You can't really say they are like spiders or cockroaches or any of the icky ones.

Looking good in the glasses my friend!

Kali is such a gamble!! When we were there a couple of weeks ago we ended up in line with this super chatty man who was on his own. He told us about 10 times that he had ridden it all day and not even got a drop of water on him.
We tried to tell him he was just lucky but he kept going on and on about how it's just one of those water rides that splashes a little but doesn't get you soaked.
It was REALLY rewarding to see him get completely drenched when he rode with us. Ahhhh so good. Take that sir!

Cats are amazing! No matter what size they are! So much 'tude.
Tigers have to be a fav though. They seem so much more chilled out than Lions.

Pizzafari wins every time! Hooray!

I told my feelings about ITTBAB... NO THANKS. I just don't like bugs. :( I remember when I went on Honey I Shrunk the Kids when I was 6, and the whole rats or mice or whatever it was TERRIFIED me. Same with Captain EO and the stupid lady with the snakes or whatever. I think I don't do well with Disney 3D shows unless it's Muppet Vision or Philharmagic. :rotfl:

Those bug glasses have you guys lookin' mighty fine!

Man, I'm split on Disney pizza. Pizzafari, I loved it! Then I think I had it last trip somewhere else and I just didn't enjoy it as much. I'm sure I'll give it another shot, because I love pizza. BUT ANYWAY, good choice on the food.

Oh man, Primeval Whirl! I feel like everywhere I hear it's like, super violent. I think I'll continue to skip that one, especially based on your injury there! Yep, no thank you.

Kali River Rapids! You guys really did get soaked; but it looks like it was probably refreshing... aside from the soggy underwear. :laughing: I've yet to go on this because in the past it's been closed while we're there or too cold to go on it! We might try it this year; if not, definitely in September if we go, since I'm sure it'll be super hot!

Totally with you on the tigers; they're beautiful.

I love me some Br'er Bear, but had no idea you could see his little hole near his throat so much! I feel like in Disney usually I have NO clue where people see out of the character costumes, hahaha. Donald is so cute!

EEEE you are about to go on my faaavorite ride in Disney World! Can't wait to hear all about it.

I don't like bugs either! I hate them. I mean I don't truly HATE much, but bugs? Yup.

Hahha thanks!

Pizzafari was great! I've had Disney pizza at a few different locations and I've enjoyed it all but once! The one time I didn't enjoy it was because it was just way too greasy, so it made it disgusting. I think it just depends on how it's cooked!

That random little injury was so weird, seriously. I didn't even understand. It was especially weird because I have enjoyed riding that in the past, but I just wasn't loving it this time! It was a little sad but there are rides that I enjoy far more, so I'll live. Hahah.

Hahha exactly! Underwear aside, it was great. Ya know, it will definitely be hot. DEFINITELY. Like... hotter than NYC. :eek: I hope yall don't melt! Hahah. But yeah... you should give it a try!

They are! I wish I could have watched them longer.

Hahah for some of the characters, the costumes are super obvious. I try not to pay attention but you're right, for the most part you can't tell! Which is definitely ideal. :lmao:

YAY EVEREST.

I love ITTBAB!! And I hate them so much in real life... well most.
I mean I don't hate ladybugs...but they are almost in a separate category aren't they? You can't really say they are like spiders or cockroaches or any of the icky ones.

Looking good in the glasses my friend!

Kali is such a gamble!! When we were there a couple of weeks ago we ended up in line with this super chatty man who was on his own. He told us about 10 times that he had ridden it all day and not even got a drop of water on him.
We tried to tell him he was just lucky but he kept going on and on about how it's just one of those water rides that splashes a little but doesn't get you soaked.
It was REALLY rewarding to see him get completely drenched when he rode with us. Ahhhh so good. Take that sir!

Cats are amazing! No matter what size they are! So much 'tude.
Tigers have to be a fav though. They seem so much more chilled out than Lions.

Pizzafari wins every time! Hooray!

YAY! See, you and I understand each other, then. I'm glad you get it because everyone's like 'I don't like it because I hate bugs' and I'm just like... you don't understand... I HATE BUGS TOO. But these aren't real bugs!

HAHAH well it's funny you should say that because ladybugs freak me the heck out. My first dorm room was literally infested with them. And it was seriously only my room too, because I went around and asked people on my hall and everyone else said they didn't have that problem! AND I was on the top bunk and they'd always be on the ceiling... and they fly around and they buzz and they're terrifying... :scared: Anyways yeah, ladybugs are definitely in the same category if you ask me! :rotfl:

Hahah thanks!

BAHAHA I love that story. WHAT NOW, bragging man?!

I agree! They seem like the most calm of all jungle cats. Well, them and maybe panthers. They seem cool. Man, cats are awesome.

Hi there! Just have to say how much I'm really enjoying your trip report! I just love the titles of the chapters -- totally reminds me of "Friends!" And I love how you tell your stories, because it feels like an actual conversation :) Can't wait to read more! :thumbsup2

Hi there! Just have to say how much I'm really enjoying your trip report! I just love the titles of the chapters -- totally reminds me of "Friends!" And I love how you tell your stories, because it feels like an actual conversation :) Can't wait to read more! :thumbsup2

Hey! Thank you SO much! That is so sweet of you to say and it really means a lot to me! Hahha, I definitely did the Friends chapter titles on purpose. That's my favorite show ever! Thank you so much for the compliments! I'm so glad you're reading along and I really appreciate your comment! Thanks!!! :goodvibes

The Birthday Where I Turned 4... Or 24...

Real Life Update

HEY YALL.

I thought I would do my first 'real life' update to update yall on a few things. They're really not that interesting, but I feel bad because I may not get to REALLY update for a while.

When I said last week that I may not get to update for a while, that clearly wasn't the case. As soon as I wrote that, I wrote another update which has been posted for days. BUT after THAT, I didn't write another one, I still haven't written another one, and now I have no idea when I'll be able to.

You see, there's this little thing called the FRANKENSTORM going on right now on the East Coast (aka, where I live) and it's pretty scary. I'm sure a lot of yall are being affected by it as well.

Anyways, I don't know how badly Virginia is going to get it, but JUST IN CASE my power goes out, I wanted to give yall a little heads up. When we had Hurricane Isabel in 2003, we lost our power for a week. With Irene last year, it was only 10 hours or so. It's basically all up in the air right now. I may not even lose power, but I wanted to put it out there just in case!

SO, if you are in the storm's path, please stay safe and I'll be praying for all of us! It's scary stuff. A week ago, who even saw this coming? I know I didn't.

Speaking of a week ago...

It was my birthday! YUP. October 21st, yall. It's a great day.

I had a really great weekend (last weekend) and I've been 'officially 24' for a week now. I thought I would share a couple of pictures! I didn't even take very many to be honest, but WHATEVER! I'll share anyway.

I got some great gifts, but this one was my favorite.

SDC13838.jpg

YEAH BABY!!!! :dance3: Words cannot describe how much I love that show. Speaking of which, during last week's episode when Captain Hook said they were going to Neverland, I actually got chills. I couldn't stop smiling. This show was basically MADE for Disnerds. There's not denying that. ANYWAYS, now I get to watch the first season as much as I want and that makes me really happy, for obvious reasons.

(Also, I really hope my power waits to go out until after tonight. I really don't want to miss Once Upon A Time and Revenge, my newest TV addiction.)

OH. And since I know that you can't have an update on the DIS without any mention of Disney, here is my birthday cake.

SDC13827.jpg

Yeah. I'm clearly 4, not 24. PROUD OF IT, YALL. :yay:

Speaking of Disney, there may be some potential trips in the works. I really want to go in the spring sometime. I don't really care when. I'm just dying to see this New Fantasyland stuff. Everyone has been talking about it and I've been trying really hard to not look at anything or hear too much about it! I want to be completely surprised! However, I accidentally looked at a picture of Eric's castle and if it's any indication, FLE will be completely amazing. I've also ALWAYS wanted to see the Flower and Garden Festival in person (with the exception of the butterfly house, OF COURSE). On top of New Fantasyland, there is also New Test Track, the Captain Jack Experience at DHS, and the addition of the zebras at Kilimanjaro Safari at DAK, AND THE NEW ART OF ANIMATION RESORT is completely open now! There is just so much to be excited about and I don't want to wait forever!

Anyways, I'm seriously blabbing. Just know that there ARE trips in the works. Yes, that is plural. Neither of them may end up happening, but I'm definitely hopeful! I'm really wanting to start planning something for spring, so hopefully everything will go well and that can happen! AND just know that as soon as I know, you will know. (You're welcome. :rolleyes:)

So yeah. Not much of a 'real life' update, but it works. I wanted to keep yall in the know. If I do end up losing power because of this freak of nature storm, that will probably give me time to write out a bunch of updates, so hopefully it won't be too long before I can put up an actual trip update. I also apologize if I'm not able to comment on yall's stuff right away. So sorry!

Stay safe!!! :wave2:

Continued in Next RL Update

Happy belated birthday! I know I posted this on twitter but I love your cake. :) My cousin had a WALL-E cake for her graduation/going away party when she did her professional internship.

Oooh, a possible spring trip?! That would be fun! You know I love the F&GF so I think you'd love it! Maybe you should go around April 1? You could come hang out in our BLT studio. ;) haha!

Hope the storm doesn't hit you guys too bad!

Good luck with the storm !! I hope damage is minimal. Oh, and Happy late Birthday !!

I really hope the storm doesn't hit y'all badly. Keeping everyone in its' path in my prayers. Stay safe!!

Love your birthday pictures! The cake is so cute!

And I'm with you on Once Upon a Time! I was so happy that Hook finally came to the show last Sunday. And when he said they were going to Neverland, I squealed!!

I will be thinking of you and your family during the storm! I really hope everyone stays safe. I can't imagine what it would be like to have to go through a crazy storm like that! We get some pretty bad snow storms where I live but I think thunder and lightning and crazy strong winds scare me more!!!!! Hopefully your power doesn't go out and if it does, hopefully its not for more than a few hours!! Stay safe :)

So I've stocked up on candles, chocolate, peanut butter, wine, and water... I think I'm set!:rotfl: but seriously, stay safe...
Everything around me; schools, organizations, places of worship, literally everything is closed... Except my company. I work directly for the president and basically told him he was not being smart by staying open but he never listens to me... :confused3 I just don't want to have to drive through feet of water to get home, you know?

Anyway, your birthday looks like it was a lot of fun! And yay on some hopeful upcoming trips! I really want to plan one for next September, so hopefully I can make that happen. (even though I go in 12 days, but what can I say, I'm addicted.)

Again, STAY SAFE!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter