Oh, Just A Few GALLONS of Pixie Dust! - A July/August 2012 TR

ALWAYS enter MK from the left!!! ALWAYSSS! Wishes was an emotional rollercoaster for me! Like... the night I watched it was insane. it's so incredible though ! Cinderella's Royal Table is a MUST DO NEXT TIME YOU GO! It's so much fun!
I recommend either Lunch or Breakfast :) Breakfast there is a great start to a Disney Day!

And I totally feel you on the DHS ranking. ;) But let's NOT bring that up here.

YES. ALWAYS. Ugh, it really is. Can't wait to hear about that, girl.

I really do want to go to CRT! Maybe lunch! On my next trip I don't want to make any breakfast ADRs for Magic Kingdom because I don't want to lose any valuable 'explore new Fantasyland' time!! AHH CAN'T WAIT! I don't even have a trip planned and I can't wait.

Hahah I do love it, just... not... as much... hahah!

Can’t complain about that!

Gorgeous!!!

I love, love, love Julie Andrews... she is perfection. And Dick Van Dyke, I've always had a bit of a crush on him...

Sounds like a fantastic morning so far!

Haha, so am I... however, I didn't want my family to hate me on our first day of vacation. You pick your battles, ya know? :laughing:

Isn't it?!? Ughhhhh I miss waking up and seeing that view... and going to the bathroom and coming out and seeing that view... and just walking to the window to stare at that view...

SHE IS. I have too! I mean, he's basically the coolest guy on the planet right now. I can't watch him on Mary Poppins without having the biggest smile on my face!

It was a great morning!

I go all the way and become an all-out drill sergeant on TSM mornings. The Green Army Men have nothin' on me. UP AND OUT, PEOPLE! UP AND OUT! ;)

My favorite thing about the Great Movie Ride's journey from glory to time-killer is that they put the giant hat RIGHT IN FRONT OF IT. It's like, jeez, Disney, way to kick it while it's down. Poor GMR.

I never realized how much of Bill Cosby's sweater made it into his bust and now I can't stop laughing. :rotfl:

Luckily your family probably understands the urgency. Sadly, mine does not. :laughing:

I KNOW! I don't get that either! It's like you see the top of the building peeking out behind the hat. It's sadly humorous.

His bust is hilarious! The sweater had to be super realistic or people might think it was some other famous guy.

I laughed when reading your description of trying to get your family moving in the morning, that's the same way I always am when we take family disney vacations, but it seems they never quite understand the need to get ready faster haha lol.

I'm so envious that you guys get the cowboy scene, in all the times i've been on the ride we have only ever had the gangster and I was actually starting to believe that the cowboy scene might just be a myth lol, but clearly your pictures have proven me wrong.

Yay for getting the TSM fastpasses...that is always a big accomplishment with the craziness surrounding that ride.

While we have never stayed deluxe before, every time we've been at one to have dinner i've noticed that the busses seem to take way longer than at the values, and often share between a large number or resorts...it does seem very strange and I definitely agree with you on that one!

I can't wait to hear more:goodvibes

Hahah thanks! YEAH. Sigh family, SIGH. They totally didn't get it!

Hahah nope, it's alive and well! I've had it twice in a row now! Maybe you'll get it on your trip... WHICH IS SO SOON I CAN'T EVEN!

Hahah definitely! I'm just glad they weren't any later than that time, or we probably would have had to rush to get to lunch. PHEW!

I love DHS soooooo much. Its okay if you don't though. :goodvibes

Star Tours!! :lovestruc I want to ride the new one so badly. Last time I couldn't go on because it was just me and my son who is too young. Sad. Good thing I know now what to do to become a Rebel Spy! WOO.

I do love DHS! I promise! It's just not my favorite, but it has so much potential! There isn't a Disney park that I don't love. :love:

Aww girl you need to! Is he big enough to ride now? I bet you'd love it! And yes. You should totally try that because I'd be lying if I said I hadn't thought about trying it too! :lmao:

I swear to goodness that I watch something, then you post something about it:scared1:! First, the Full House thing, and now Mary Poppins! I just watched that with the girls this afternoon, mostly because she's practically perfect in every way. LOVE IT! And Julia wants to ride the GMR for the first time this year, so I get to see that horse:banana:! I'm probably too excited about that.
AND, tonight we're watching Star Wars. It's a before-Disney tradition to cover the whole trilogy (the older ones, of course!) before we leave...yeah, I know, strange Disney tradition:confused3. I think we're also going to try to fit in POTC movies this time, too. TWO WEEKS from today!

That's so weird! Mary Poppins is such an amazing movie... one of my favorites! That is too funny though. YAY. Now, there is no such thing as too excited! It's so perfect, that horse.

DISNEY TRADITIONS! I love those. I don't think it's that strange, in fact, I think someone else I know does that too! I can't think of who it is, but I think it's true! Oh my gosh I'm so excited for yall to go on your trip! I think it'll be fantastic. NO SICKNESS THIS TIME!!! pixiedust:

You are absolutely right that TSM waits for no one! I seriously have a meltdown when people slow me down on my way to DHS. And you KNOW how I feel about my TSM! I think you and I would probably be a hot mess running there together.

You got the cowboy! I have been on the GMR 1,897,409 times, and I have gotten the cowboy......wait for it........once! Seriously.

Exactly! Oh my gosh I came so close. Hahah I'm picturing that, and it is hilarious.

Yeah! It's the second time in a row I got him! It's a little weird! The weird thing for me is, I've only gotten the gangster once! I'm like the opposite of everyone, ever. Haha!

OMG< If my family wouldn't have gotten up and ready, I would have told them see ya and ran for the DHS bus!:lmao: That or I really would have dressed them. No clean undies for them, cuz we don't need to see that!:lmao:

TSM is worth it, totally!

We've had the Cowboy and the Gangster an even amount of times (2 each) but I prefer the Gangster.

Still loving your view!

Goodness, I honestly came way too close to doing that myself! They just didn't understand the urgency, unfortunately! The good thing is we made it!

I like the cowboy because of the fire! I think it's so cool. BUT, I'm ready to get the gangster again! I've only had it once! It's so weird.

I'm glad! There are more pictures coming of it, I promise!

Haha I would have had the same reaction to wanting to go on the Great Movie Ride! Lol. We went on it during our trip, but only to help avoid rain. I really like the cowboy side. But it's nice to mix it up a bit. Yay for Star Tours! It is a fun ride, but I also have no intention of seeing the movies again. I am super jealous that you got to be the rebel spy before. Too bad you didn't get to be it again. I am going to guess that you're going to head back towards TSM and use those FP!!!!

I do love DHS! I promise! It's just not my favorite, but it has so much potential! There isn't a Disney park that I don't love. :love:

Aww girl you need to! Is he big enough to ride now? I bet you'd love it! And yes. You should totally try that because I'd be lying if I said I hadn't thought about trying it too! :lmao:

I love it so much because it houses my beloved Hollywood Tower Hotel, it has Butterfinger cupcakes and I always ALWAYS get the most pixie dust there. I think it's because DHS loves me back. :rotfl:

I think he is big enough to ride now. He was only an inch or 2 too short on our last trip and that was over a year ago and he has had like a million growth spurts. No joke. Regardless, I am going on an adults only trip next year! (Don't worry, we are going on two trips and he'll be going on the other one! :thumbsup2)

Yeah, I already have the whole Star Tours thing planned in my head.

Me: Hey!! I lost my sunglasses, I think they just barely fell off!
CM: They are on your head, ma'am!
Me: Oh! Silly me! (struggles with seat belt) Now I can figure out these seat belts! Man I'm just so silly today.
CM: No problem, miss. You are simply trying to put the seat belt into the arm rest when it actually clasps right into the seatbelt slot.
Me: Oh man! You guys sure are serious about safety!

Then I become the rebel spy and everyone else seeps jealousy. :rotfl2:

Ahhh waking up in Disney is the best! I always seem to have tons of extra energy and am just raring to go!

LET’S GO, PEOPLE!!!! TOY STORY MANIA WAITS FOR NO MAN!!!
Exactly!! Come on everyone!!!

The sky is so blue in your pictures!!! Ahhhh Disney skies! :goodvibes

Julie Andrews in AMAZING!!! That horse in GMR makes me super happy too!

Ohh that is too funny about Bill's sweater. Just so we are all clear on who he is!

Oh hey, it's me. I'm here. I think the only part of my body I can move right now are my fingertips after the amount of walking and standing we've done over the past 2 days (and tomorrow is day 3!)... so I'm in luck for commenting! ;)

It is funny how in Disney you can get like, 4 hours of sleep and that's totally fine. :rotfl:

Oh man, I am not sure I'd be able to handle people dilly dallying before heading out on our first FULL day! But at least you guys have, you know, just this ridiculous view of the castle to keep you entertained! :thumbsup2

I've never understood the whole bus sharing thing either! Beach Club shares a bus with Yacht Club and SOMETIMES Boardwalk.. Actually, last trip, I think we only ever stopped at Yacht Club. But the nice thing is, you can very easily get off at Yacht Club and walk to BC and it's not far away at all. But yeah, you'd think there'd be no bus-sharing at the deluxe resorts! I don't get it! :confused3

I've never seen LMA... except for on that Disney DVD/blu-ray I think! We're not really big on "shows", and so yeah, I've never watched it.

OMG, so please tell me... THE STAGE IS GONE, RIGHT?! Ya know, the huge ugly one under the hat that played unbelievably loud (and terrible) music? Our last trip it was up and I did NOT like it whatsoever.. but it looks like from your photos that it's GONE! Now, let's hope it stays that way!

YAY for getting TS FPs for not too late/the perfect time!

We didn't go on Great Movie Ride last trip! Like, I have no idea how it happened, but we didn't! I think part of it was us not really loving how busy HS was (poop on those tour groups!) vs. the other parks. But yeah, next trip I'd like to ride it again, and maybe get the cowboy side like you guys did!

I LOVE those statues! My Facebook photo was of me and Bill Cosby's statue for a long time, hahaha.

Desi Amaz looks sad and weird. I don't get his statue, hahaha. But I enjoy your face in this photo! It's kind of frumpy! :rotfl:

STAR TOURS! LOVE IT! Except... WHY aren't you going to watch the movies again?! Oh man, we are a total Star Wars household (surprise, surprise), and those movies (well, the original ones, not the terrible ones in recent years) are amazing! You must elaborate on this, haha.

UGH for the lady dropping her glasses, thus ruining your luck as the Rebel Spy! I have to admit, being chosen is kind of hilarious, but even funnier when you're not expecting it! I didn't know that the CM chooses, so after I chatted it up with the CM about my pins on my bag, I still had no idea I would end up being the Rebel Spy. Kiiiind of hilarious. Let's hope you get chosen on another amazing Star Tours trip!

My guess issss you guys are going to Muppet Vision 3D! Why? Because the Muppets are the best!

Whoo hoo, Go Hokies!!! I went to school there for the last 4 years, doing "post-undergrad" work, and my boyfriend went there for undergrad :) I'm glad you understand the hokie spirit, when we first moved there it was like, wow this is a very spirited town, but now I love Blacksburg! Sigh, memories, those were a good 4 years. However I've never been to a football game, I know! Shun me now.

I LOVE Full House. I grew up being obsessed with that show! Comet, and Michelle, and Uncle Jesse, and Becky, I love them all, and I especially love the Disney World episode (part 1 and 2)! Actually a few years ago, one of our local movie rental stores was going out of business and selling all of their movies at discount prices. I found a Full House DVD with like, 5 episodes on it, and it has the Disney episodes on there!! "Uh-uh, carou-SEL again" is such a funny (slash) annoying part because first of all, why does she say it like that, and second of all, WHY would you want to do that over Splash Mountain? I have no idea, Michelle, I thought you were my friend. And then when I went to Disney for the first time, I was being guided by my very knowledgable Disney friend, and I told her that I wanted to see the little houses that Nicky and Alex play around with Becky, right before Uncle Jesse comes over to say he has something else scheduled, and when Becky's like, "I reckon this town isn't big enough for the both of us". However, my friend thought I meant Micky and Minnie's houses, so I still don't know what area of Disney that is in, did they build something else in place of it? I also HAD to make an ADR at the Grand Floridian last time I was there so I could see the piano and the GF lobby, where so many romantic things happened on that episode, I also laugh every time Steve trips on his bag, haha! Maybe someday I'll make my boyfriend re-enact that scene with me. :)

On another note, I'm sorry that lady was the rebel spy over you, I'm sure you would have been chosen if her scheme weren't so over the top! Next time you'll get them. Ok well I can't wait to hear more about your trip!!

P.S. Have you been to the Food and Wine Festival? Would you say it's worth it? It looks like the last day this year is the 12th of Nov, and I'll be there (hopefully) from Nov 10-16th. As of yet, we don't have any Epcot days scheduled during the F/W Festival, but now I'm contemplating switching our days around (we don't have park hopper tickets). Thanks! Just wanted to hear your input, and anyone else's!

Haha, I'm the same way with Brandon in the morning at Disney, I can't stand how he wants to just take his time and lounge around! After 7 trips together, you think he would understand that I want to get out the door early in Disney World!!! :bitelip:

Yay, DHS! It's ok if it's not your favorite park, I love it there! :cool1: Yeah, there's not really much to do, but the rides they do have are awesome, and I think the actual park is so beautiful! :lovestruc Were you there for rope drop, or did you get there after it was already open? I was just wondering if they were still letting people in 15 minutes early or not...trying to plan my strategy for November! :rotfl2:

Haha, awww, the poor Great Movie Ride! I really wish they would do something with it, it has such potential!

I'm sorry you didn't get to be the rebel spy again! Drop your sunglasses next time! :rotfl2:

Haha I would have had the same reaction to wanting to go on the Great Movie Ride! Lol. We went on it during our trip, but only to help avoid rain. I really like the cowboy side. But it's nice to mix it up a bit. Yay for Star Tours! It is a fun ride, but I also have no intention of seeing the movies again. I am super jealous that you got to be the rebel spy before. Too bad you didn't get to be it again. I am going to guess that you're going to head back towards TSM and use those FP!!!!

Yeah! It's fine though, all I really cared about was TSM FP!!! I actually do like GMR though!

It's so much fun! And the good news is, even if I don't see the movies again, I'll still partially know what's going on in the ride. Haha! I KNOW! I wanted to be the rebel spy again, darnit! NEXT TIME!!!

Not quite time yet!! :thumbsup2

I love it so much because it houses my beloved Hollywood Tower Hotel, it has Butterfinger cupcakes and I always ALWAYS get the most pixie dust there. I think it's because DHS loves me back.

I think he is big enough to ride now. He was only an inch or 2 too short on our last trip and that was over a year ago and he has had like a million growth spurts. No joke. Regardless, I am going on an adults only trip next year! (Don't worry, we are going on two trips and he'll be going on the other one!)

Yeah, I already have the whole Star Tours thing planned in my head.

Me: Hey!! I lost my sunglasses, I think they just barely fell off!
CM: They are on your head, ma'am!
Me: Oh! Silly me! (struggles with seat belt) Now I can figure out these seat belts! Man I'm just so silly today.
CM: No problem, miss. You are simply trying to put the seat belt into the arm rest when it actually clasps right into the seatbelt slot.
Me: Oh man! You guys sure are serious about safety!

Then I become the rebel spy and everyone else seeps jealousy.

It's definitely a wonderful park!!! :dance3:

Oh my goodness, so much excitement! I bet those trips will be amazing!

HAHAHAHA! Can I just say, I laughed for a really long time at this? OMG. PERFECT. :rotfl2:

Ahhh waking up in Disney is the best! I always seem to have tons of extra energy and am just raring to go!

Exactly!! Come on everyone!!!

The sky is so blue in your pictures!!! Ahhhh Disney skies!

Julie Andrews in AMAZING!!! That horse in GMR makes me super happy too!

Ohh that is too funny about Bill's sweater. Just so we are all clear on who he is!

It is! I know exactly what you mean. If you're not excited to wake up in Disney, then you might as well just go home! :laughing:

It was such a beautiful day! They are the best, aren't they?! :love:

SHE IS THE BEST. EVER. Ahhhh I love her so! That horse is the best part of the queue, for sure.

Hahah right? Thanks for all that detail, sculptor. We couldn't tell it was him by his face and his nameplate, or anything... :confused3 :rotfl:

Oh hey, it's me. I'm here. I think the only part of my body I can move right now are my fingertips after the amount of walking and standing we've done over the past 2 days (and tomorrow is day 3!)... so I'm in luck for commenting! ;)

Oh hey. Dang girl, yall are going full out Disney on this convention. It's getting yall ready!

It is funny how in Disney you can get like, 4 hours of sleep and that's totally fine. :rotfl:

Precisely. That's usually how it goes for me.

Oh man, I am not sure I'd be able to handle people dilly dallying before heading out on our first FULL day! But at least you guys have, you know, just this ridiculous view of the castle to keep you entertained! :thumbsup2

They weren't trying to drive me crazy, but man, they were! Haha yeah, at least I had something to distract me from my crazy commando ways.

I've never understood the whole bus sharing thing either! Beach Club shares a bus with Yacht Club and SOMETIMES Boardwalk.. Actually, last trip, I think we only ever stopped at Yacht Club. But the nice thing is, you can very easily get off at Yacht Club and walk to BC and it's not far away at all. But yeah, you'd think there'd be no bus-sharing at the deluxe resorts! I don't get it! :confused3

Yeah, I definitely don't get it. I mean, if the All Stars don't do it, why should the deluxe resorts? I do understand Yacht and Beach since they're so easily accessible from one another.

I've never seen LMA... except for on that Disney DVD/blu-ray I think! We're not really big on "shows", and so yeah, I've never watched it.

I am definitely big on shows.

OMG, so please tell me... THE STAGE IS GONE, RIGHT?! Ya know, the huge ugly one under the hat that played unbelievably loud (and terrible) music? Our last trip it was up and I did NOT like it whatsoever.. but it looks like from your photos that it's GONE! Now, let's hope it stays that way!

Yeah, it is gone, BUT... I believe they always put it up for NYE. So that's probably why you saw it in January... so I dunno if you'll see it or not.

YAY for getting TS FPs for not too late/the perfect time!

It was such a relief!

We didn't go on Great Movie Ride last trip! Like, I have no idea how it happened, but we didn't! I think part of it was us not really loving how busy HS was (poop on those tour groups!) vs. the other parks. But yeah, next trip I'd like to ride it again, and maybe get the cowboy side like you guys did!

Weird! I don't get why yall saw more tour groups in January than we did in July/August... :confused3 You should totally ride it again.

I LOVE those statues! My Facebook photo was of me and Bill Cosby's statue for a long time, hahaha.

Bill Cosby and his sweater are so awesome!

Desi Amaz looks sad and weird. I don't get his statue, hahaha. But I enjoy your face in this photo! It's kind of frumpy! :rotfl:

I know! I don't get it at all! And you know what else I don't get? Why he has a bust there and his wife LUCILLE BALL doesn't??? Like, surely she was/is more famous than him... I do love Desi though. BABALOOO!

STAR TOURS! LOVE IT! Except... WHY aren't you going to watch the movies again?! Oh man, we are a total Star Wars household (surprise, surprise), and those movies (well, the original ones, not the terrible ones in recent years) are amazing! You must elaborate on this, haha.

I don't know, I liked them enough, but they're very long. Plus I didn't always understand what was happening so... I dunno. Nothing against the movies.

UGH for the lady dropping her glasses, thus ruining your luck as the Rebel Spy! I have to admit, being chosen is kind of hilarious, but even funnier when you're not expecting it! I didn't know that the CM chooses, so after I chatted it up with the CM about my pins on my bag, I still had no idea I would end up being the Rebel Spy. Kiiiind of hilarious. Let's hope you get chosen on another amazing Star Tours trip!

She totally did it on purpose. HAHA. I'm kidding. Except, who knows... maybe she did do it on purpose? Although honestly, she seemed pretty surprised/embarrassed when her picture showed up so I'm guessing she had no idea it was gonna happen! Haha it's totally fine, I'll let someone else have their moment... but I was hoping to get a nice streak going! NEXT TIME!!

My guess issss you guys are going to Muppet Vision 3D! Why? Because the Muppets are the best!

We did go to Muppet Vision, but not on this day! :thumbsup2

Whoo hoo, Go Hokies!!! I went to school there for the last 4 years, doing "post-undergrad" work, and my boyfriend went there for undergrad :) I'm glad you understand the hokie spirit, when we first moved there it was like, wow this is a very spirited town, but now I love Blacksburg! Sigh, memories, those were a good 4 years. However I've never been to a football game, I know! Shun me now.

YAY!!! Hokies are the best, yall. That's so great! Hahah it definitely is a spirited town, but that's my favorite thing about it! I love school spirit. You never went?!?! Oh man, you must! They're so much fun. I'm not even a big sports person and I love them. I haven't been to a Tech game since 2004 though. :( And sadly, I haven't been to one at Lane Stadium since 1999! I really want to go back in the next couple of years though.

I LOVE Full House. I grew up being obsessed with that show! Comet, and Michelle, and Uncle Jesse, and Becky, I love them all, and I especially love the Disney World episode (part 1 and 2)! Actually a few years ago, one of our local movie rental stores was going out of business and selling all of their movies at discount prices. I found a Full House DVD with like, 5 episodes on it, and it has the Disney episodes on there!! "Uh-uh, carou-SEL again" is such a funny (slash) annoying part because first of all, why does she say it like that, and second of all, WHY would you want to do that over Splash Mountain? I have no idea, Michelle, I thought you were my friend. And then when I went to Disney for the first time, I was being guided by my very knowledgable Disney friend, and I told her that I wanted to see the little houses that Nicky and Alex play around with Becky, right before Uncle Jesse comes over to say he has something else scheduled, and when Becky's like, "I reckon this town isn't big enough for the both of us". However, my friend thought I meant Micky and Minnie's houses, so I still don't know what area of Disney that is in, did they build something else in place of it? I also HAD to make an ADR at the Grand Floridian last time I was there so I could see the piano and the GF lobby, where so many romantic things happened on that episode, I also laugh every time Steve trips on his bag, haha! Maybe someday I'll make my boyfriend re-enact that scene with me. :)

FULL HOUSE IS THE BEST!!! (Okay, it's not my favorite show anymore, but it's still one of them. :goodvibes) Awesome that you got them on DVD! We have the seasons of the show here... we're pretty big on collection seasons of TV shows for some reason. HAHA.

You know, I still wonder about that! I have to wonder if they possibly filmed those scenes in that section of Disneyland. I have no idea though, it's weird! But it was early 90's so who knows how much could have changed!

I totally get that! My poor future boyfriend/husband has no clue what he's in for when it comes to Disney and re-enacting scenes... no idea. It's quite sad actually. :lmao:

On another note, I'm sorry that lady was the rebel spy over you, I'm sure you would have been chosen if her scheme weren't so over the top! Next time you'll get them. Ok well I can't wait to hear more about your trip!!

Hahah thank you! It's okay, I'll let her have her moment in the sun. NEXT TIME FOR SURE! Thanks girl!

P.S. Have you been to the Food and Wine Festival? Would you say it's worth it? It looks like the last day this year is the 12th of Nov, and I'll be there (hopefully) from Nov 10-16th. As of yet, we don't have any Epcot days scheduled during the F/W Festival, but now I'm contemplating switching our days around (we don't have park hopper tickets). Thanks! Just wanted to hear your input, and anyone else's!

Hmm... unfortunately I've never been for Food and Wine! I've always wanted to though, because I've always wanted to go for my birthday (which is in October). However, if you're gonna be there during the festival, I think it would be worth it to check it out. You never know when you might get another chance, and it might be worth the work of re-working your schedule. I personally would do it, because I want to experience all that Disney has to offer. And since it's still over two months away, you still have a good amount of time to plan!

Haha, I'm the same way with Brandon in the morning at Disney, I can't stand how he wants to just take his time and lounge around! After 7 trips together, you think he would understand that I want to get out the door early in Disney World!!! :bitelip:

Yay, DHS! It's ok if it's not your favorite park, I love it there! :cool1: Yeah, there's not really much to do, but the rides they do have are awesome, and I think the actual park is so beautiful! :lovestruc Were you there for rope drop, or did you get there after it was already open? I was just wondering if they were still letting people in 15 minutes early or not...trying to plan my strategy for November! :rotfl2:

Haha, awww, the poor Great Movie Ride! I really wish they would do something with it, it has such potential!

I'm sorry you didn't get to be the rebel spy again! Drop your sunglasses next time! :rotfl2:

Hahah exactly! Let's move people, this isn't the beach! NO LOUNGING!

I love it there too! My love for it actually grew on this trip! It's just not my favorite. That being said, there isn't a Disney park that I don't love. Ugh, unfortunately they made me late for rope drop, so I have no idea. I wish I could tell you!

I know! I do love GMR... but it is missing something nowadays. I can't really put my finger on it. At the same time though I'd be sad if they changed it!

Hahh that's okay! And listen, I'm already scheming for my next trip through the galaxy... :lmao:

Love your update! I would have been losing my mind wanting to leave for DHS. :rotfl:

So glad y'all were able to get a good return time for the TSMM FPs! :thumbsup2

I can't wait to ride Star Tours this year!

Love your update! I would have been losing my mind wanting to leave for DHS. :rotfl:

So glad y'all were able to get a good return time for the TSMM FPs! :thumbsup2

I can't wait to ride Star Tours this year!

Thank you! Hahha oh man, I came really close, I assure you! :lmao:

Yay, me too! If it had been a little bit later, we would have probably had to pass on them. BOO. I would have been sad. Yay for no sad!!!

Oh my goodness, I bet yall will LOVE it!!! I can't believe how soon your trip is!!! :woohoo:

Thank you! Hahha oh man, I came really close, I assure you! :lmao:

Yay, me too! If it had been a little bit later, we would have probably had to pass on them. BOO. I would have been sad. Yay for no sad!!!

Oh my goodness, I bet yall will LOVE it!!! I can't believe how soon your trip is!!! :woohoo:

I think the trip is finally starting to feel real now that we're in the month we leave. When our trips start getting close, I start worrying/freaking out that something will happen & we won't get to go or something. I know - I'm neurotic. :lmao:

Forgot to mention this earlier: Saw in your update that your family is VA Tech Hokie fans. While I went to LSU, Ed went to Georgia Tech. So, needless to say, our family will be cheering for the Yellow Jackets tomorrow night in the football game. Go Jackets, Beat the Hokies! :goodvibes Please don't kick me off your TR for that. :rotfl:

So you're a hokie? That's on Nick's list of engineering schools. We have not visited it yet, but if he gets in we will do the accepted student visit. :goodvibes

What a beautiful view to wake up to. Love it! It makes you want to run to the window the second you feet hit the floor, doesn't it.

You got the cowboy? I never get the cowboy.

Julie Andrews was in the first movie I ever saw as a child. I still thinks its so sad that she lost that beautiful voice of hers. So sad.

Great update! Fun pictures!

I think the trip is finally starting to feel real now that we're in the month we leave. When our trips start getting close, I start worrying/freaking out that something will happen & we won't get to go or something. I know - I'm neurotic. :lmao:

Forgot to mention this earlier: Saw in your update that your family is VA Tech Hokie fans. While I went to LSU, Ed went to Georgia Tech. So, needless to say, our family will be cheering for the Yellow Jackets tomorrow night in the football game. Go Jackets, Beat the Hokies! :goodvibes Please don't kick me off your TR for that. :rotfl:

I know the feeling! Aww no! Don't think like that. Yall will go and have a wonderful time!

Hmm... I saw all those words but all I could read was "bzzz bzzz bzzzz". ;)

So you're a hokie? That's on Nick's list of engineering schools. We have not visited it yet, but if he gets in we will do the accepted student visit. :goodvibes

What a beautiful view to wake up to. Love it! It makes you want to run to the window the second you feet hit the floor, doesn't it.

You got the cowboy? I never get the cowboy.

Julie Andrews was in the first movie I ever saw as a child. I still thinks its so sad that she lost that beautiful voice of hers. So sad.

Great update! Fun pictures!

Definitely! Oh that's awesome! It's a beautiful campus! Good luck to him.

Exactly! Every single morning I would do that! It never got old. :cloud9:

Oh I know. It's heartbreaking. :(

Thank you so much!

Happy Labor Day Everyone!

Today also happens to be my One Year Anniversary of finding and joining the DIS! WOOHOO! (I would never have even known, but yesterday I looked at my little profile thing and found out. It was special.)

:dance3:

SO. To 'celebrate' I thought I'd ask a question that's I've been wondering about since I joined these boards...

I know, celebrating with a question. We go hard around here.

ANYWAYS!!!

My question is this:

If you could pick TWO Deluxe Resorts (NOT DVC) that you have or have not stayed at, which ones would you pick?

IF MONEY WEREN'T A THING.

If you could pick ANY of them!

What is your DREAM resort?

You can base it on location, amenities, the look of the resort, ANYTHING.

Which TWO would you pick?

(This is honestly just me being curious. I've always wondered! I want to stay in all of them, but I have my favorites too. I'm just curious what you all think!)

LET ME KNOW!!! :thumbsup2

The One With Cars, Toys, and One Boat

July 30, 2012

We were going here:

SDC12909.jpg

Now, I’m absolutely certain that exactly NONE of you care about this show. (If that isn’t true, please let me know.)

For us, it was a new experience, so we were happy to give it a try! And let me tell you, that entrance basically gives you false hope. After you walk in, you still have approximately 37 miles to walk to get to the bleachers. (You notice this sort of thing when it’s hot out.)

The entire time we were walking to get to the bleachers, I was thinking about how this area could be better used. I know there are probably some die hard LMA fans out there, but if there are, there aren’t too many, or else they probably wouldn’t resort to giving out ‘surprise’ fastpasses. Right?

You know what would make me extremely happy? I would LOVE it if they could use that whole area to add on to Pixar Place. There is so much potential for that land beyond Toy Story Mania! I’m not talking a Cars Land clone, either. If it was done right, it would be beyond amazing! I know this is just wishful thinking, but my mind wanders sometimes, you know? Back to the story.

So we walked a long way. Finally we reached the bleachers where we climbed up 4,000 steps to find a seat. There was a decent crowd there, too. It wasn’t filled to capacity, but it was good.

You know what the best part was? THE VIEW!!!

SDC12910.jpg

SDC12912.jpg

What’s this? Oh, just the back of the Sorcerer Hat… and SPACESHIP EARTH!!! How many places can you see two park icons at the same time? Really though!

SDC12911.jpg

It blew my mind a little bit to see that! I mean, I knew that DHS and Epcot were close to each other, but this makes them seem like they’re right on top of each other, especially when you think about the fact that Spaceship Earth is at the front of the park. ANYWAYS!

The show started, and I won’t go into detail, but I actually thought it was really cool! That being said, it was also really long. And even though I love Cars, that little part with Lightning McQueen was just lame. Sorry, Lightning! I still love ya.

If you haven’t seen the show (and you actually plan to) I won’t ruin it for you, but I will say that the stunts that we saw were awesome to learn about!

SDC12913.jpg

SDC12914.jpg

If you want to know more, just ask!

Then the show ended.

It wasn’t as short as my description of it, I can assure you.

IT WAS TOY STORY TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luckily, once you walk the 37 miles back out of the LMA area, you basically end up in Pixar Place!

We walked in and we only had to wait about five minutes in the Toy Story Mania fastpass line!

SDC12916.jpg

SDC12917.jpg

I rode with Jacob, and let me tell you, I was PUMPED.

427337_825029472479_439785040_n.jpg

IMG_3286.jpg

We got an Alien car! (That’s the most important detail ever, yall.)

As soon as we sat down, I was just ecstatic. It had been FAR too long since I’d been on that ride and I was so happy to be riding it again! SO HAPPY.

Unfortunately, my gun was broken! (I know this because I tested Jacob’s gun and his was in perfect working order.) BUT THAT WOULDN’T STOP ME.

That ride is like a blur for me. I will try to explain my thought process... I'm just trying to shoot at everything but hit the high targets but not miss the low ones either and all the while there are TOY STORY characters cheering me on! It’s just frantic and I literally just yell “AHHH” the entire time and laugh and whoop and generally have more fun than all the children and toddlers in the area.

Even though my gun was broken I still had way too much fun and loved every second of it!

These were the results:

SDC13018.jpg

Ehh. I mean, I did have a broken gun, but I could have done better. (Jacob’s score just melts my heart a little bit. He doesn’t care about what score he gets. He’s just having a blast!)

It turns out that even with a broken gun, I still got the highest score in my family! TAKE THAT, FAMILY. (Oops. I’m a little competitive… if you couldn’t tell.)

After nailing some targets and breaking some plates, we had to head out of DHS! We had a boat to catch and a lunch to get to!

On our way out, we saw THIS green army man.

SDC12918.jpg

Am I the only one that thinks they’re slightly freaky? Oh well, I still want a picture with one of them one of these days.

SDC12919.jpg

I was excited to see a poster for Brave on the back of the Chinese theater!

SDC12920.jpg

LOVE that movie.

Disney Channel Rocks (or used to) was playing as we walked out, and all the songs we heard were actually from the semi-good days of Disney Channel! We head ‘Push it to the Limit’ and I definitely sang along and did a dance that would rival the Stacy shuffle (aka the dance she does with Chip and Dale). HAHA. I told you, no shame.

They also played a Cheetah Girls song but unfortunately I can’t remember the specific one. I used to love those movies! (Well, the first two.) It was like a blast from the more recent past. SUCH FUN AT DHS!

SDC12921.jpg

We made it out and headed straight to the friendship boat dock. A boat was just leaving when we approached the dock, but we only had to wait like seven minutes (NOT 20) for the next one!

385569_825029562299_51273493_n.jpg

Goodbye for now, Hollywood!

IMG_3288.jpg

539251_825029522379_1221698432_n.jpg

My parents were excited for the boat (but actually probably for lunch).

I really, really love the friendship boats. I think they’re so relaxing! Plus, you get to see the EPCOT RESORTS! Let me just explain how much I love those Epcot resorts.

I’ve loved the Beach Club forever and ever and ever, and I still love it. HOWEVER, I’ve recently been obsessing over the Boardwalk! I just think the whole area looks amazing and I feel like the atmosphere at that resort would be perfect.

SDC12924.jpg

SDC12925.jpg

SEE? Perfect! So many palm trees!

SDC12932.jpg

On the other hand, this is also in the Epcot resort area…

SDC12927.jpg

Mehhhhhhh and a half.

BUT WAIT! More perfectness ahead!!!

SDC12929.jpg

SDC12930.jpg

SDC12931.jpg

(Yes, it was getting cloudy, at least in that corner of the sky!)

I love just being able to see those resorts! I love them and I can’t wait to stay in all of them someday! YAY.

Eventually, we made it to the International Gateway! I wonder where we were going?

Continued in Next Update

Hey girl! I'm back and caught up! In reponse to your most recent update:

I AM IN LOVE WITH THE BOARDWALK. Seriously. I stayed there twice this summer and I just can't get enough. It's my favorite place. So I toooootally get your recent obsessing.

Can't wait to see where you eat! I love me some World Showcase noms.

In response to your question earlier:
The Grand Floridian and The Polynesian would be my choices. I've dreamed of staying at those places for FOREVER. There is absolutely nothing that is not perfect about them, and plus...MONORAIL! You can't get much better than that.

Great update!

I am not going to lie - I am really, really hoping all the rumors are true & that they will be putting CarsLand where LMA is. Reid would be ecstatic & I wouldn't have to fork over the outrageous airfare to CA for him to see it. :rotfl:

We haven't seen that shown in our last few trips. We may work it in this year but I just don't know if it would hold Reid's attention the whole time. It is a really long show. :sad2:

YAY! for getting to ride TSM! :woohoo: That ride is so much fun! Sorry your gun was broken but at least you still had a good time! :thumbsup2

I can't wait to hear all about lunch!

As for your anniversary question:

my two "dream" deluxe resorts are (1) Contemporary - you already knew that though and (2) Boardwalk Inn.

1. Contemporary - can you beat the proximity to MK? No, no you can't. And the monorail goes THROUGH the resort!!! I want to walk out of my room & see the monorail taking off. Also, I know I'm in the minority here, but I really love the decor. It's just so clean & pretty.

2. Boardwalk - great location to EPCOT & DHS. But, it's the theming here that really gets me. I love that whole "Atlantic City, prohibition era" feel. I'm seriously considering booking us here for our 2014 trip, if we go around Star Wars weekends. I would have put us back there for our first 2 nights this year but I thought Reid might prefer the pool @ BC, since we'll actually have pool time those days.

Ok, I believe my two resorts that are DREAM RESORTS if money was not a factor would have to be the Poly and Grand Floridian. I really want to stay at a monorail resort. I would have had BLT on there instead of the GF, but you said no DVC.

Loved the update. I kind of enjoy Lights Motor Action. I agree the walk is insane and it takes up space that could make a really cool Pixar area-more Cars stuff, Monsters Inc, etc.... But the stunts are pretty cool. The first time I saw it I thought it was really neat that they built that one car backwards to just make it look like it was being driven in reverse.

Love that you guys had so much fun on TSM! Boo for a broken gun, but you and Jacob had fun so thats what counts! I got a picture with one of those green army men once, it was kinda weird but meh!

I'm guessing you're going to go eat somewhere in Epcot?!?!? Think I have an idea where!!!

Also, notice my new ticker!!!!! I'm gonna talk about it soon on my TR :)

Looks like you had an awesome morning at Hollywood Studios!

I'm totally with you on the whole LMA experience lol, I mean, just how far do they want us to walk? Next time I go, i wonder if anyone would notice if we take the Backlot Tour and sneak off near the LMA lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter