Oh how I wish Disney would bring back......

I'm going with Spectromagic, Honey I Shrunk the Audience and Alien Encounter.

I rode Mr Toad at Disneyland and unless I'm missing something that Disney World did differently, Pooh is just a much better ride. I'll take my flogging with spaghetti noodles, please.

Alien Encounter for me. The Stitch attraction they replaced it with is an abomination and complete waste of space. It's an absolute effing joke. Disney has become WAY too soft and "PC." It's really disgusting. :mad:

I wish they'd bring it back, make it even more scary and hardcore, and put it in Hollywood Studios.

Skyway, Test Track 1.0, Spectromagic, ORIGINAL Backlot Tour. These things I remember so fondly on my past trips to WDW. Skyway was such a convenient (and relaxing) ride, and even though it had an unfortunate CM incident, I still feel it was a key part in how my family enjoyed MK back then.

Test Track 1.0 had such a good theme going, especially with the two crew members that talked to you throughout the ride (the Tron-vibe, while aesthetically pleasing, feels too generic and futuristic for my taste with no genuine meaning behind the theme :().

The Backlot Tour was great in its heyday, even if I never saw it in its true prime (I went on it in 96', 97', 09' and 10'.) Those early visits were miles better than the later ones.

Finally, Spectromagic. :cloud9: I know people were happy to get MSEP back, but I'm one of many that was saddened to see Spectro go. The music, the lights, the sheer beauty was just something else (and had that Disney magic that you just can't get anywhere else). If I remember correctly, MSEP left DL around this time too, and I remember talking to someone that was sad to see MSEP go. I said to her "MSEP is DL's parade, and Spectro is WDW's...I don't hate your parade at all (in fact I think it's cute and I do like it a bit), but it belongs where it's been for ages, as does Spectro. They both have been there so long that many people have literally grown up knowing them. They are two completely different parades. IMO, Spectro was more dreamy and mystical, while MSEP is the embodiment of childhood joy, which fits the motto for their respective park. MSEP for the "Happiest Place On Earth", and Spectro for "The Place Where Dreams Come True".

IDK, call me incredibly nostalgic, but when enough little things from your childhood leave your favorite place in the world, it starts getting to you. :sad1:

-Minnie Moo (I realize it would be difficult to find another cow with spots shaped like Mickey, but SHE MUST EXIST SOMEWHERE!) I loved Mickey's Birthdayland/Mickey's Starland when I was little.
-The old version of Illuminations
-Maelstrom
-Old Studio Backlot Tour (when MMC was still filmed there). I had so much fun looking out for mouseketeers.
-Superstar Television at MGM. This was the best!
-Liberty Tree CHARACTER dinner. This was a mainstay for our family. Our favorite character experience.
-Cranium Command

My list goes on but those are the biggies...

Edited to add Cranium Command because how could I forget that? Also a favorite.

I loved the Year of a Million dreams & wish they would always do it. Getting the dream fastpasses was awesome & the other little things they gave away made it more magical.

I also want the old TT, PUSH, Innoventions ( when it was full of things to do), Mr Toad & Toontown.

I miss the experience that I've heard Walt say was the reason he created Disneyland in the first place. A place where he could take his family and spend some time together and share some great experiences.

There was a time when you walked out of an attraction and you turned to your family and friends and talked about the experience you all just went through.

Now many of the attraction include a merchandising section as part of the experience. You have no option but to walk (often times your children) through gauntlet of gifts before you finally get to the exit. More often than not, you're discussing why you're not buying something, as opposed to sharing your emotional reaction to the amazing experience each of you just had.

I miss the experience.

Skyway
World Showcase Players (Grail, Grail, Grail!!!)
Jeremy Iron's narration and Tomorrow's Child for Spaceship Earth
Future Corp ("We are FUTURE CORPS!!)
CRT lunch pre-princesses (I could list many restaurants)

I just remembered my most missed thing: the Taco Salad at Tortuga Tavern & Pecos Bills!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter