Official Wine and Dine 2016 thread

I had a dream last night that a 10K and challenge was added. I guess this is on my mind....or because I finally hung up my medals on my "Magical Miles" hangers and I have 1 empty hook on each one. :rolleyes1

I wish this race had a challenge!

Me too! After running the full in January I had said I was hanging up my Run Disney shoes. If there were a challenge for this race though, that would likely give me the push I need to go back. ;) I'm sure it's wishful thinking but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

So, here now for Princess and running for a charity. I just looked at the upcoming races calendar for them that was given to bus and it lists wine & dine as November 4th through November 6th.... So I'm thinking either another expo day or an additional race?

So, here now for Princess and running for a charity. I just looked at the upcoming races calendar for them that was given to bus and it lists wine & dine as November 4th through November 6th.... So I'm thinking either another expo day or an additional race?
That's interesting...an additional race on Sunday? That's my guess because I doubt they'd have he expo going the day after the races are done. I'll be curious to see what they announce once Princess is over.

If I have a friend that is a annual passholders, can they sign me up when early registration starts???

Thanks for the info! So, the plot thickens!:scratchin I would have thought if anything was added or changed they would have done it earlier not later. I don't know what to think but it's fun speculating. ;)

That's interesting...an additional race on Sunday? That's my guess because I doubt they'd have he expo going the day after the races are done. I'll be curious to see what they announce once Princess is over.
Maybe the half moves to Sunday, and they put the 5K on Saturday.

Maybe the half moves to Sunday, and they put the 5K on Saturday.
I don't think that would work, since it would have to be Sunday night, and a Sunday night race doesn't seem like something they'd do. And I think the RunDisney site still lists the half as normal. It's only the 5K with no date.

Interesting about how the dates are listed for the charity. Perhaps it's just because the race and after party go into the morning of the 6th? Or maybe a 10K on Sunday morning? I'd be more inclined to think a change was coming if the dates changed to adding a day before, not after. Maybe it was just a typo.

I see Saturday at 7 on the schedule section of the Runner Info page, but that's 2015's race. Still no day or time on the main W&D page.

since it crosses over midnight, isn't it technically on the 5th and 6th?
:)

They've never counted Sunday in the race listing, at least from what I remember. Everywhere else it says November 4-5...so they're either changing the schedule or it's a typo.

If they add a 10K - I'll do that instead of the 5K. If not, I'll be content with the 10K :)

Or maybe - they will set up for 2 Half Marathons on Saturday & Sunday since it sold out so quickly last year.

Whatever they're doing, this is the only weekend left that doesn't have a 10K/challenge, and it's the smallest half marathon at WDW. I really wouldn't be surprised if they change SOMETHING eventually to try to squeeze in more participants. :confused3 Whether they're doing that this year or not, who knows.

I think the Run Disney website lists the kids races as Saturday.

What page is that on? On the Event Page looks like there is no date and time for the kids races or the expo, just the locations are listed. On the Runners Info page they still have 2015 info listed.

Even the Avengers, which is after the W&D, has their 2016 schedule up on the Runners Info page. My thought is either something is going to be added somewhere or someone just forgot to update all that information for this race, LOL!

What page is that on? On the Event Page looks like there is no date and time for the kids races or the expo, just the locations are listed. On the Runners Info page they still have 2015 info listed.

Even the Avengers, which is after the W&D, has their 2016 schedule up on the Runners Info page. My thought is either something is going to be added somewhere or someone just forgot to update all that information for this race, LOL!
That's what I'm saying - it's not definite that they are changing things around, but at the same time, nothing is set in stone yet. :confused3

I'm expecting/hoping that things will start to get updated now that Princess weekend is over. rD's next big event is Wine & Dine registration.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter