Official WDW Marathon Weekend 2013 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Running the Disney Half Marathon and my to be Husband is running the Full on our Disneymoon! :woohoo:

That's s great that you are running during your Disneymoon! That's awesome that you and your DH-to-be both like running. My DH just really doesn't get it :confused3, plus his knees are shot.

UGH! Don't you hate the nay-sayers? I swear I'm am soooo going to post on FB with my medals and rub it all in the faces of those that say I can't do it. Drives me crazy!

I say the naysayers are just jealous because they don't have the courage to try! I too will gladly rub my shiny medal in their faces! :p

Ever since the Princess 1/2, DH has been refusing any and all requests to run the marathon. I get the "it's not doable right now, no money, blah blah blah" excuses. Yesterday out of the blue, he asked about the marathon and the Goofy challenge. I think he might be up for it. :yay:

I'm going to get in tons of training as we've been doing one 10K per month and in October I'll be running the Diva 1/2 and the Rock n Roll NY 10k in the same week plus we might do the Zombie Run two weeks after that.

I hope he still goes for this!! I so want to do this!

Are you talking about the Diva 1/2 in NY? I was thinking of maybe running that one too. I live on long island.

Hooray! Sounds like a great plan!

Thank you! It will be my first half marathon so far. We are trying to find a 10K that we can run so we can be placed in higher corals. So nervous but excited! :yay:

That's s great that you are running during your Disneymoon! That's awesome that you and your DH-to-be both like running. My DH just really doesn't get it :confused3, plus his knees are shot.

LOL, yeah. I actually was surprised that he said he wanted to run the full since as long as I've known him(about 4 years now) he's never been a runner. So proud of him! :cheer2:

Wish your DH's knees weren't shot! LOL

How fun! What a magical trip for multiple reasons!

Yeah, we are so excited about this being both our firsts and newly weds. So many new things happening at once! It's overwhelming!

Joining in! I just signed up last night for the Goofy Challenge! It'll be my first official half and full marathons. :cool1::cool1::cool1:

I'll be there! I'm signed up for the half. This will give me a reason to look forward to my most unfavorite month, January!

We are officially signed up! DH is doing the Full (he did Goofy last year) and I am doing the Half (my first ever!). I am so excited and nervous at the same time! :) My goal is to finish and not get swept and be able to stop for a couple of pics along the way!!

I'm also considering signing us up for the 5K and DD for the Kids Races both on Friday? The 5K is at 6:30 in Epcot and the Kids Races are at 11 at the WWoS. We shouldn't run into any issues doing both of these right? Or should we just pick one?

Joining in! I just signed up last night for the Goofy Challenge! It'll be my first official half and full marathons. :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Oh my! first for both and you are doing both??? You are brave! I will be doing my first full and it scares me to death!!!:worship:

We are officially signed up! DH is doing the Full (he did Goofy last year) and I am doing the Half (my first ever!). I am so excited and nervous at the same time! :) My goal is to finish and not get swept and be able to stop for a couple of pics along the way!!

You'll do great Mandy. :banana:

My BFF is now in for the Half Marathon!! So excited, there will be three of us--her, DH, and me! I'll be contacting the travel agency after we get paid this week and it will officially be official!!!

Now we just need to find a 10K to sign up for to get a time and hopefully get boosted out of the last corral.... :cool1::cool1:

Marathon registration completed- CHECK
Flight booked- CHECK
Room booked- CHECK
Magical Express booked- CHECK

WOOO HOOO! I'm going to Disney World! :banana: Just need to renew my AP in August and I'm already to go! Well, besides needing to keep training and figure out marathon costume. Can't wait! I can't believe I am really going to do this!!

I'll be staying at Old Key West. Any one else staying there?

Flight booked- CHECK
Room booked- CHECK

WOOO HOOO! I'm going to Disney World! :banana: Just need to renew my AP in August and I'm already to go! Well, besides needing to keep training and figure out marathon costume. Can't wait! I can't believe I am really going to do this!!

I'm staying there as well :D

Flight booked- CHECK
Room booked- CHECK

I am so excited!!!! I am going as Tink, and for the 5K I am going as Jasmine, 'cause she is feisty lol.

Signed up yesterday for my first Goofy. Hopefully I will be able to train properly this year. I hated having to walk so much last year.

Just waiting for airline prices to go down so I can book a flight. Last year I paid $200 and this year so far it's $345.

Oh my! first for both and you are doing both??? You are brave! I will be doing my first full and it scares me to death!!!:worship:

Brave?? I have other nouns, possibly young is a better descriptor. It is not something that i would encourage folks to do. Will he make it, well youth is on his side. It will be a long weekend for sure

Signed up yesterday for my first Goofy. Hopefully I will be able to train properly this year. I hated having to walk so much last year........QUOTE]

Don't be too hard on yourself. Speed will come with miles trained and proper speed drills. Set yourself up with a good schedule you can realistically keep and your Goofy will be lots of FUN. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I believe that walking fast can be more challenging than jogging or running. I started walking January 2010 in preparation for Goofy 2011. Walked the 5K and Half with DW then the Full by myself. Finished my first Full in 4:56:+ to complete the Goofy. I passed many joggers and runners who started before me. My PR for a half marathon is 2:12:+, again walking. I am currently training for my first triathlon in July right after my 62nd birthday during which I will try to incorporate some jogging and running.

While I can understand your dismay with having to walk, there is so much less harmful impact to the body your chances for injury are lessened. One other thing is that being able to WALK a 5K in 28:10.9, my PR, is pretty cool. :cool1:

Good luck and I'll be at WDW in Jan. for my 3rd Goofy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter