Official WDW Marathon Weekend 2013 Thread-Part 2

Could that be because of more goofy, and the goofy people having one bib instead of two?

I was wondering the same thing. If there are about 10k Goofy folks and you add that to the approximately 15k full folks, that's 25k on the course on Sunday. Seems like a lot to me. I think the princess had a little over 20k.

Yep, I am in D, barely... about 300 bib cushion from being pushed to E. Hubby who submitted the exact same time as me (well he was 30 seconds faster) is solid in B.. Wonder if they updated his and not mine :confused:

D here! Awesome :) I was in D for the princess half in 2011 and was able to finish. So I hope D is good luck again for me!

Just got back from the doc. I have pes anserine bursitis and patellofemoral syndrome. I have an appointment on Monday with my podiatrist and hopefully can get a name for a second opinion on my knee. I was given a prescription for physical therapy..but I am skeptical of how much that will decrease the pain.

I was told I can keep running, but the pain is so severe I really can't.

Last night I was walking at my job and starting getting shooting pains in my left foot. I haven't run in a week so I have no idea what the problem could be, but I'm basically falling apart. :(

cobbler said:
Yep, I am in D, barely... about 300 bib cushion from being pushed to E. Hubby who submitted the exact same time as me (well he was 30 seconds faster) is solid in B.. Wonder if they updated his and not mine :confused:

I would bring a printout of your results to the Expo.

Bid #43788 and Corral B for me! I'm pretty excited about that!:cool1: My time submitted for the half was 2:16.

Hubby & I both submitted a 2:37 half time. His bib is 22346 & mine is 25285. Both Goofy. Likely different corrals from the guesses on corral placement I've been reading. Who knows.

The way the Goofy Bibs are done isn't making much sense to me. I used a finish time from the Donald last year of 2:10. That go me into a D corral for the goofy this year. I have seen posts on other boards with a wide range of times and placements that are not making an organized sense. Looks like a visit to the guest relations for a corral change will be in order.
Jon

D here! Awesome :) I was in D for the princess half in 2011 and was able to finish. So I hope D is good luck again for me!

I'm in D!! Do you Gallowalk? Maybe we can start together! I won't mind if you pull away from me...I'll be happy just to finish the Goofy no matter what time. (as long as I make it! )
Meet you there? :goodvibes
Either that, or I meet you in Epcot later that day.

I'm in the middle of the Corral B range (~2500 bib#) for the full. I submitted a 1:57 half time to get placed there. Since that race, I've done a 1:49 half. Two questions: (i) is that enough of a difference to get me boosted to A, and (ii) is it really worth being in A over B?

I've run big races before and haven't really noticed a big difference between being close to the front, and at the front. However, this is a Disney race, so my experiences at other races is not necessarily indicative of how things will be at WDW.

Is being in A that big of a deal, or is it just something that would make me feel good psychologically? I kinda feel like B should be fine, but figured I'd ask. I don't want to go to the hassle of getting my corral changed if it's not that big of a deal.

Bib List is updated, let me know if there are any mistakes! My eyes were starting to blur typing in all the numbers. lol

You submitted a half time of around 2.5 hrs, right? Sounds like you're in the right corral but your dh was put in a too fast one. I also submitted a half time of around 2.5 hrs and I'm in D...same with a few others. I wouldn't bother doing anything about it though, as you know he can just go back to your corral.

Two questions: (i) is that enough of a difference to get me boosted to A, and (ii) is it really worth being in A over B?

i) I don't know, but it probably would;

ii) This depends on your philosophy. Assuming you are on the boarder between the two, there is not much difference between being at the back of A v. the front of B. I would think the biggest advantage by far is that you would not need to worry about getting to the front of the corral. You could take your time, maybe warm up more, and just slip into the back--which would be great.

I would just try to avoid any temptation to move up to the front of A. Ideally you want to start the race relaxed with people of the same pace. If you get too far up you risk going out too fast (as 95% of most people do).

I would try to get into A for no other reason than not having to fight to get to the front of B.

liznboys said:
Bib List is updated, let me know if there are any mistakes! My eyes were starting to blur typing in all the numbers. lol.

Thanks for doing this!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards. Please excuse the typos.

Bib List is updated, let me know if there are any mistakes! My eyes were starting to blur typing in all the numbers. lol

You submitted a half time of around 2.5 hrs, right? Sounds like you're in the right corral but your dh was put in a too fast one. I also submitted a half time of around 2.5 hrs and I'm in D...same with a few others. I wouldn't bother doing anything about it though, as you know he can just go back to your corral.

That is honestly what I am thinking. I think his is a mistake. Oh well, good for him, he will have a half hour cushion, I'll have 20 minutes. He most likely won't come back to where I am anyway. I don't mind as he normally leaves me during the run anyway. It'll just be lonely in the corral waiting to start.

i) I don't know, but it probably would;

ii) This depends on your philosophy. Assuming you are on the boarder between the two, there is not much difference between being at the back of A v. the front of B. I would think the biggest advantage by far is that you would not need to worry about getting to the front of the corral. You could take your time, maybe warm up more, and just slip into the back--which would be great.

I would just try to avoid any temptation to move up to the front of A. Ideally you want to start the race relaxed with people of the same pace. If you get too far up you risk going out too fast (as 95% of most people do).

I would try to get into A for no other reason than not having to fight to get to the front of B.

Thank you. That's helpful advice. I think I will try to move up, and see if my time is enough. I am hypersensitive to the "going out too fast" issue, because I have done that in full marathons before and paid for it, so I won't try to get to the front of the pack in A (assuming I'm in A). It would be nice not to have to jockey with people to be in the front of the B group.

Anyone know where I can find the times the different corrals are allowed to start?

Coach posted a link to the race program (pg 38) It doesn't list each corral's start, just the general start at 5:35. Last year, it looked like this.

Half:
5:30 a.m.  Wheelchair Start
5:35 a.m.  Wave 1 Start
5:41 a.m.  Wave 2 Start
5:47 a.m.  Wave 3 Start
5:53 a.m.  Wave 4 Start
5:59 a.m.  Wave 5 Start
6:05 a.m.  Wave 6 Start
6:11 a.m.  Wave 7 Start
6:17 a.m.  Wave 8 Start

Full:
5:30 a.m.  Wheelchair Start
5:35 a.m.  Wave 1 Start
5:39 a.m.  Wave 2 Start
5:43 a.m.  Wave 3 Start
5:47 a.m.  Wave 4 Start
5:51 a.m.  Wave 5 Start
5:55 a.m.  Wave 6 Start
5:59 a.m.  Wave 7 Start
6:03 a.m.  Wave 8 Start

Maura

jmasgat said:
Coach posted a link to the race program (pg 38) It doesn't list each corral's start, just the general start at 5:35. Last year, it looked like this.

Half:
5:30 a.m. Wheelchair Start
5:35 a.m. Wave 1 Start
5:41 a.m. Wave 2 Start
5:47 a.m. Wave 3 Start
5:53 a.m. Wave 4 Start
5:59 a.m. Wave 5 Start
6:05 a.m. Wave 6 Start
6:11 a.m. Wave 7 Start
6:17 a.m. Wave 8 Start

Full:
5:30 a.m. Wheelchair Start
5:35 a.m. Wave 1 Start
5:39 a.m. Wave 2 Start
5:43 a.m. Wave 3 Start
5:47 a.m. Wave 4 Start
5:51 a.m. Wave 5 Start
5:55 a.m. Wave 6 Start
5:59 a.m. Wave 7 Start
6:03 a.m. Wave 8 Start

Maura

With photo ops, I should *God willing* be at the finish line by 12 PM. Then back to the room for an ice bath, a quick nap and then the Magic Kingdom for a picture with Mickey holding my medal!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards. Please excuse the typos.

Silly, but I think I may try to move up to Corral A, just so I can be with my daughter for the start of the half. Seems like people with 1:49 half got in A and I have a 1:48 to use.

Maura

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter