Official WDW Marathon Weekend 2013 Thread-Part 2

runDisney has posted the corresponding times for each corral on the assignment lists on the runDisney site.

[REVISED]

Hmm...this is interesting. I have 2 half times under 2:20 (a 2:15 and a more recent 2:13). Maybe I'll try to jump up from C to B for Goofy. :) It seems like I could looking at the Half Corrals but the Goofy breakdown makes me unsure...can't hurt to stop by Runner Relations and ask.

Thanks Coach!

Hmm...this is interesting. I have 2 half times under 2:20 (a 2:15 and a more recent 2:13). Maybe I'll try to jump up from C to B for Goofy. :) It seems like I could looking at the Half Corrals but the Goofy breakdown makes me unsure...can't hurt to stop by Runner Relations and ask.

Thanks Coach!

a 2:13 half is roughly a 4:40 full.... Seems like C is appropriate with a max time of 4:30. Just my thoughts. It's not hard in my mind to plead a 4:15, but that argument is probably not going to work at the expo where you will be working with a voluntear who is looking at a table with not much else to rely on.

Good Luck. Either corral is a great start.

cewait said:
a 2:13 half is roughly a 4:40 full.... Seems like C is appropriate with a max time of 4:30. Just my thoughts. It's not hard in my mind to plead a 4:15, but that argument is probably not going to work at the expo where you will be working with a voluntear who is looking at a table with not much else to rely on.

Good Luck. Either corral is a great start.

That's what I thought too...but I must admit that seeing the half corrals made me dream a bit. :p I guess it would be worth it to try to move up if I was running the half only, maybe not Goofy though.

I'll be honest and say I haven't gone through this thread, so I apologize if these questions have already been answered....
Coming from BLT, is the monorail the only option to get to/from the start before and after the race? We booked there so we'd have to monorail to the start, but now I'm wondering if that was a bad idea since everyone at the monorail resorts will be relying on it. Is there a bus if the line is long before or after? Should I leave for the start any earlier than normal?

Will it be possible at all to ride EE during the marathon this year with the course change? It was a highlight of Goofy for me last year and I'd love to do it again if the park is open.

I hope training has gone well for everyone. I've missed chatting with everyone this fall. This weekend really snuck up this year, but ready or not I'm excited for it!

Before time slips away and everyone is headed off to Orlando, I wanted to take this opportunity to thank Coach Charles and everyone else who has offered advice and encouragement preparing for the race.

I don't post much but read often and am thankful for the advice/suggestions from running veterans on here.

Second!! :flower3:

Ditto to that. Coach Charles' advice pretty much saved the Disneyland Marathon for me when I ran into some health issues during training.

Thank you to everyone else who's been so supportive.
I'm running the Half with my sister, so we'll see you on the road.
And then on Marathon Day, I've just booked the Platinum Cheer Squad so I can cheer on my husband, who is doing the Goofy, so I'll be cheering on all of you, too!!:cheer2:

Now to plan a sign...

Hey Tabetha- I just wanted to say THANK YOU! I read your running blog and realized that you were a volunteer at Scotiabank. It was my first 1/2 and I so appreciated all the volunteers! So Thank you!:worship:

I think they had some logistical issues: they ran out of Gu fairly early on. It was promised in the race packet, but when I got to that station they were all gone. It was pretty early on, and although I am slow, there were still thousands of people behind me.... Sorry to hear you didn't get lunch!

I also wanted to pop in and thank all of those who gave advice. I tend to lurk on the boards and not post so much, but I've learned so much from these threads. Most importantly, to not over-train and not freak out. I'm dealing with some knee pain, but I have an 11-mile run in from earlier this month (I'm doing the half). I'm going to take it easy the next couple of weeks and do what I can do on that Saturday morning.

Thank you!!!! :goodvibes

I'll be honest and say I haven't gone through this thread, so I apologize if these questions have already been answered....
Coming from BLT, is the monorail the only option to get to/from the start before and after the race? We booked there so we'd have to monorail to the start, but now I'm wondering if that was a bad idea since everyone at the monorail resorts will be relying on it. Is there a bus if the line is long before or after? Should I leave for the start any earlier than normal?

Will it be possible at all to ride EE during the marathon this year with the course change? It was a highlight of Goofy for me last year and I'd love to do it again if the park is open.

I hope training has gone well for everyone. I've missed chatting with everyone this fall. This weekend really snuck up this year, but ready or not I'm excited for it!
Hi Heather! I remember you from the Princess half thread. I also remember your blog. I think I own a couple of your running shirts now ;) I don't know the answer about the monorail, but my understanding about AK is that most of us will be running through there before opening time of 9am. I would have to do a 3hr+ half marathon (given my starting corral of D) to get to EE after it opens :( So unless they sprinkle some magic on the runners, we are out of luck. Too bad, it was your blog that inspired me to want to try the marathon so I could ride EE :)

A PR for my 4 mile walk/jog today. 48 minutes!! Yes!

Hope that continues for the Half. Started 1/3 intervals last week.
Yeah better late than never. :) I think this mornings cool temp helped too.

So excited to go!! Stuck back in corral F but at least that is an improvement from last year. :)

Hope everyone stays healthy and injury-free!

TTFN.

Colleen

GREAT TIME!!!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Good luck and have a fun time.

Does anyone need a one day park ticket? Last year I was a volunteer for the Full, for which I was given a one day park pass. I never used it, and it expires on January 8th. I do not arrive until the 10th. I will gladly give it to someone who can use it. Sorry for the late notice, thought it would be good thru the weekend and just looked at it the other day and noticed the early expiration date. I am sure it would reach you if it was mailed out within the next few days.

And I would like to also add my thanks to Coach Charles for his advice! Have done the last three Halfs, this year will be my first Full. I know I will complete it but still looking at it with a little apprehension

ahoff said:
Does anyone need a one day park ticket? Last year I was a volunteer for the Full, for which I was given a one day park pass. I never used it, and it expires on January 8th. I do not arrive until the 10th. I will gladly give it to someone who can use it. Sorry for the late notice, thought it would be good thru the weekend and just looked at it the other day and noticed the early expiration date. I am sure it would reach you if it was mailed out within the next few days.

And I would like to also add my thanks to Coach Charles for his advice! Have done the last three Halfs, this year will be my first Full. I know I will complete it but still looking at it with a little apprehension

That's awful nice of you. I don't arrive until the 10th either.

You must either use the monorail for the half and full OR drive/taxi to the start. It is not all that bad. My observations from the year I stayed there was that the trains were coming in empty to almost empty. That leads me to believe that a train deadheads to the Contemporary, bypassing the GF. I could be mistaken but that is what appeared to be happening. The TTC transfer was smooth, also. One morning I just missed the Epcot train and had to wait for the next. The second day I walk straight onto the waiting train.

On the return the story was a little different. I stood on line for 3 trains. Still, not all that bad and I got to stand on the trip back to the resort rather than being forced to sit. (a good thing)

One morning we left at 0400 and on Sunday around 0415.

The EXCEPTION is that the 5k one MUST ride the bus to the start.

Everest has been taken out of the equation for most runners. Only those who are running slower than a 14 mm in E or later would pass with the park opening. I would think that most folks in this camp would probably not be looking for a loss of 5-10 minutes of non moving time.

Does anyone need a one day park ticket? Last year I was a volunteer for the Full, for which I was given a one day park pass. I never used it, and it expires on January 8th.

If it's still available, I would absolutely love it! We are in Tampa so we could certainly head over before it expires:-)

Real Potties&.

I know many on the list have issue with the Porto-lets or the lines associated with the little green buildings. In the past I have published a list of real restrooms passed on the run. Many folks have not really been concerned about anything past MK since that was the half point and the nervous bladder has been taken out of the equation after that. But in 2013, the half is now in AK so I thought I would repost the list for those who prefer a real room.

First, we miss Epcot at mile 2.5 so those are now gone.

MK (All course left, except as noted)
Tomorrowland. We turn left just after Stitch and the facility is on course left. These are busy but have never seen a line out the door.
FantasyLand Pooh in the facility near Pooh (I know it's there, just not sure it's open since it is immediately after the previous one)
FantasyLand Next to Pinocchio Village House (course right)
Frontierland In the breezeway between Frontierland and Adventureland.
Frontierland - just after Pecos Bills.

AK
Asia Near the Flights of Wonder Course left
Asia Near Everest - Course Left
Dinoland Just after Finding Nemo Course Left
McD We pass close but not sure how accessible Course Right

WWoS
Near the Track and Field Track
In the middle of the ball field quad.

DHS
At the far end of Street of America as we turn onto Commissary Lane Course right
At the end of Commissary as we pass towards Mickeys Sorcerers Hat Course Right
At the gate end of Hollywood as we turn to go backstage - Course left

Epcot
Morocco
American Adventure
Germany

Hope this helps. I cannot say with 100% certainty that a cast member will not re-direct a runner from some of the ones a little off course, but I have seen folks at most of these through the years. I know there are others but these are the ones on or very near the course. I am not 100% sure of the WWoS facilities since these are not in use more often than not.

One has to love accuweather......

This morning there is an outlier temperature in the forecast, or a front comes through on Friday night. The forecast for marathon weekend..

5k Start 59F (High of 78F)
Half Start 42F (Feel Real 35F) (High of 60F) - Windy
Full Start 51F (Feel Real 44F) (High of 70F) - Windy

Hoping for the front, not for the wind that will come with the front as predicted. Yes, this will bounce around over the next few days but it serves as a reminder that even Florida can see a bite from Winter.

I still predict dark for the first 60-70 minutes of the race, followed by light

Real Potties&.

I know many on the list have issue with the Porto-lets or the lines associated with the little green buildings. In the past I have published a list of real restrooms passed on the run. Many folks have not really been concerned about anything past MK since that was the half point and the nervous bladder has been taken out of the equation after that. But in 2013, the half is now in AK so I thought I would repost the list for those who prefer a real room.

First, we miss Epcot at mile 2.5 so those are now gone.

MK (All course left, except as noted)
Tomorrowland. We turn left just after Stitch and the facility is on course left. These are busy but have never seen a line out the door.
FantasyLand Pooh in the facility near Pooh (I know it's there, just not sure it's open since it is immediately after the previous one)
FantasyLand Next to Pinocchio Village House (course right)
Frontierland In the breezeway between Frontierland and Adventureland.
Frontierland - just after Pecos Bills.

AK
Asia Near the Flights of Wonder Course left
Asia Near Everest - Course Left
Dinoland Just after Finding Nemo Course Left
McD We pass close but not sure how accessible Course Right

WWoS
Near the Track and Field Track
In the middle of the ball field quad.

DHS
At the far end of Street of America as we turn onto Commissary Lane Course right
At the end of Commissary as we pass towards Mickeys Sorcerers Hat Course Right
At the gate end of Hollywood as we turn to go backstage - Course left

Epcot
Morocco
American Adventure
Germany

Hope this helps. I cannot say with 100% certainty that a cast member will not re-direct a runner from some of the ones a little off course, but I have seen folks at most of these through the years. I know there are others but these are the ones on or very near the course. I am not 100% sure of the WWoS facilities since these are not in use more often than not.

ONE MORE!!! At mile 15 on the right, albeit a little off course, is McDonald's where I'll be stopping for my M&M McFlurry :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter