• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official thread to keep track of GTY cabins ASSIGNED

Ugh...55 days out....change to a 5E GTY she said.....it will be fun she said.....never again. This waiting is driving me crazy(like I wasn't there already lol) I don't know how you guys do it. :worship:
That's an oxymoron - a Toronto Maple Leafs fan who doesn't like waiting..?

All kidding aside, that team has amazing fans!

I must have but what is the difference? Is it less expensive?

Not really. With a GTY it basically just means you are letting them assign your cabinat any point up to boarding day. You will be placed in AT LEAST the category you booked - it used to be more specific like 8B GTY but when I saw GTY the other day it was "Deluxe Stateroom with Verandah Guarantee" so more of a general category. In most cases that is the category you WILL get. But sometimes you get places in what the cruiseline considers a higher category. (Your opinion on that may differ... I had booked an 8B GTY on my last Fantasy cruise (I think 8B...whatever category 9000/9500 are) and got assigned a 4E (again, I think it was 4E) which yes had an extended verandah but was on deck 5 and midship whereas I prefer higher up and further forward. So to me, NOT an upgrade even though it technically WAS.)

I must have but what is the difference? Is it less expensive?

In our case, the cost savings was minimal. For $60 more combined, we could have chosen a verandah room and actually picked our room. However, I saw the 5E's were GTY (we booked this late in the game) and decided to go for it. We really wanted to try the oversized verandah. Bottom line: No real cost savings, but we wanted to try the 5E. We realize we may not get the 5E, but at least we will have a verandah.

How will I know when the room is assigned to my GTY reservation? Do I just have to (obsessively, lol) check my reservation online, or will they send me an email?

Thanks so much for explaining it to me. I'm glad I chose my cabin. I need to be mid-ship and prima donna aka DH needs a balcony so this worked better for us. Thanks again.

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 5E
#2. What category and room # did you get? 5E #9670
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 52
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Super happy! It is a corner room with a wrap around verandah.....looks awesome :D
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
#6 What ship are you sailing? Dream
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Thursday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Afternoon
9. What month is your cruise? October

#2. What category and room # did you get? 5E #9670
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Super happy! It is a corner room with a wrap around verandah.....looks awesome :D
#6 What ship are you sailing? Dream
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Thursday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Afternoon

That's a great room, we had a very similar one on our last cruise, it is a handicapped accessible so there is so much space in the room you can have a dance party. The only drawback, if it is one, is that it does not have a split bathroom or any type of bathtub, it has a roll in shower in a large bathroom. The verandah is amazing. Huge but a bit narrower than it looks. If you have a lounge chair out you cant walk past it unless it is turned sideways. Overall a wonderful room, I hope you love it.

That's a great room, we had a very similar one on our last cruise, it is a handicapped accessible so there is so much space in the room you can have a dance party. The only drawback, if it is one, is that it does not have a split bathroom or any type of bathtub, it has a roll in shower in a large bathroom. The verandah is amazing. Huge but a bit narrower than it looks. If you have a lounge chair out you cant walk past it unless it is turned sideways. Overall a wonderful room, I hope you love it.

Thank-you!

#2. What category and room # did you get? 5E #10658
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 79
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I am SOOOOO excited!! I can't wait to check out the oversized verandah and the views, and I'm excited that it's a corner room with even more space than I expected!
#6 What ship are you sailing? Fantasy
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Wednesday (I think -- I still haven't gotten an email, I just logged into my account because I'm a bit OCD)
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Evening? (see above)
9. What month is your cruise? November

Just hit 60 days out for our Oct 22 Magic cruise to the Bahamas out of NY. First time booking a GTY, we're 9C and checking multiple times a day now for my assignment! I hope it's good. Can't wait until it's my turn to post my results here!

Just hit 60 days out for our Oct 22 Magic cruise to the Bahamas out of NY. First time booking a GTY, we're 9C and checking multiple times a day now for my assignment! I hope it's good. Can't wait until it's my turn to post my results here!
We're on the Oct 15th NY cruise and still no assignment! I'm going crazy lol! I'm hoping it's because they're waiting to see if the discount sales work and we get nice upgrades if not. Fingers crossed!

We're on the Oct 15th NY cruise and still no assignment! I'm going crazy lol! I'm hoping it's because they're waiting to see if the discount sales work and we get nice upgrades if not. Fingers crossed!
I know! I kind of want a verandah, if we don't get upgraded I'll probably check for upgrades at the port.

I know! I kind of want a verandah, if we don't get upgraded I'll probably check for upgrades at the port.
That's my plan too. I don't want to pay that big of a difference when it could be chilly for 2-3 days.

That's my plan too. I don't want to pay that big of a difference when it could be chilly for 2-3 days.
Exactly!! Also kind of hard to plan what to bring for clothing. I've had the cat 9 cabins on the Magic before and the large porthole is lovely. We'll see what kind of upgrade fee they want to charge at the port for a verandah if they are even available, I don't think I'd pay more than 400 dollars.

We found the television to be comically small compared to the room size. You practically need to have binoculars to see it from the bed! And the room we were in had the bed on the wall with the connecting stateroom door, and the door to the hallway. We didn't have any noise issues, but I can see where some could!

We found the television to be comically small compared to the room size. You practically need to have binoculars to see it from the bed! And the room we were in had the bed on the wall with the connecting stateroom door, and the door to the hallway. We didn't have any noise issues, but I can see where some could!
Yes that's true, it was practically impossible to watch it from the bed. I found myself pulling the chairs up to it! We didn't have noise issues either, my parents and kids were in the connecting room, with it being all the way at the end of the ship and in the corner I don't think there's much foot traffic.

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 10B
#2. What category and room # did you get? 10B 2107
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? It's what I paid for. Just disappointed because this cruise has alot of verandah availability and was really hoping for an upgrade to even an OV. I'm happy to be near the aft elevators since they are less crowded usually.
#6 What ship are you sailing? Magic
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Tuesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Around 1 pm

Exactly!! Also kind of hard to plan what to bring for clothing. I've had the cat 9 cabins on the Magic before and the large porthole is lovely. We'll see what kind of upgrade fee they want to charge at the port for a verandah if they are even available, I don't think I'd pay more than 400 dollars.
Got my assignment. No upgrade. Good luck to you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter