Official thread to keep track of GTY cabins ASSIGNED

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 5E
#2. What category and room # did you get? 5E #7190
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 56
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I cannot believe we got this room!!! So excited! The balcony is huge! This is EXACTLY what we were hoping for!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
#6 What ship are you sailing? Dream
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Thursday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Afternoon
9. What month is your cruise? October

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 11c
#2. What category and room # did you get? 9D #1036
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 15
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? We got upgraded so I'm pretty happy! Went from inside to deluxe ocean view with two small portholes
#6 What ship are you sailing? Magic
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Evening, I think
9. What month is your cruise? September

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 11c
#2. What category and room # did you get? 9D #1036
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 15
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? We got upgraded so I'm pretty happy! Went from inside to deluxe ocean view with two small portholes
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Evening, I think
9. What month is your cruise? September

So I'm not sure what to think here. 15 days, OMG I'm going to lose my mind if I have to wait that long! On the other hand you got a pretty good upgrade so maybe when they make you wait you get rewarded?.... Weren't you going nuts waiting? I'm on the Magic too. Congrats on the nice upgrade!

So I'm not sure what to think here. 15 days, OMG I'm going to lose my mind if I have to wait that long! On the other hand you got a pretty good upgrade so maybe when they make you wait you get rewarded?.... Weren't you going nuts waiting? I'm on the Magic too. Congrats on the nice upgrade!
Yes I was going crazy! A lot of people on the fb page had posted about them getting their room assignments and hardly any of them got upgraded so I was like meh, we will see, at least I'm on the boat. So I was very happy when I got mine. I just wanted to be on that ship!

I'm thinking the closer we are to our sail date, the better chance of an upgrade. Wishful thinking to help me pass the days as I not so patiently wait.

Has anyone had to actually wait till they checked in at the port to get their room assignment? UGH

I'm thinking the closer we are to our sail date, the better chance of an upgrade. Wishful thinking to help me pass the days as I not so patiently wait.

Has anyone had to actually wait till they checked in at the port to get their room assignment? UGH
Oh good lord I hope not!!! I won't make it!

Last edited:
#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 9d
#2. What category and room # did you get? 9C
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 54
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? We got upgraded so I'm pretty happy! Went from deluxe ocean view with two small portholes to rooms with one large porthole
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Connecting as requested
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Tuesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? After 2pm, I think
9. What month is your cruise? October 22

Last edited:
#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 9c
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 53
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Seems like a decent room. We're fine with getting what we booked but we specifically requested not to be forward and we are about as far forward as we can possibly be, 4 rooms from the front of the ship. It's like they purposely did the opposite of my request.
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? About 2pm

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 9c
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 53
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Seems like a decent room. We're fine with getting what we booked but we specifically requested not to be forward and we are about as far forward as we can possibly be, 4 rooms from the front of the ship. It's like they purposely did the opposite of my request.
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? About 2pm
I was rooting for you, sorry you were disappointed too. On to Plan B, nice, cheap upgrade at port!

I was rooting for you, sorry you were disappointed too. On to Plan B, nice, cheap upgrade at port!
Yeah thanks, we'll see about the upgrade. i was beginning to look forward to our big port hole. I just wish we were aft. I'm sure we'll get used to the forward location.

Thought I would also post what some of the other people I am sailing with got for rooms...

3 others on my Magic Oct cruise from NYC booked a 9C and got a 9C. All were assigned at the same time on a Tuesday about 4pm 53 days beofe our sailing. Anoher cruiser requested not be be forward and thats what they gave her, other cruisers with no request got aft rooms so asking for a certain section of the ship doesnt help you and may even hurt! Oh and for what its worth we are on our last cruise sailing as Gold before we go to Platnium (this is our 10th cruise) so that does not seem to help get you an upgrade or get you your request.

Yeah thanks, we'll see about the upgrade. i was beginning to look forward to our big port hole. I just wish we were aft. I'm sure we'll get used to the forward location.

Thought I would also post what some of the other people I am sailing with got for rooms...

3 others on my Magic Oct cruise from NYC booked a 9C and got a 9C. All were assigned at the same time on a Tuesday about 4pm 53 days beofe our sailing. Anoher cruiser requested not be be forward and thats what they gave her, other cruisers with no request got aft rooms so asking for a certain section of the ship doesnt help you and may even hurt! Oh and for what its worth we are on our last cruise sailing as Gold before we go to Platnium (this is our 10th cruise) so that does not seem to help get you an upgrade or get you your request.

Sorry you did not get your request but no requests are usually even taken for GTY or *GT Rates. You always take the chance with GTYs and *GT rates that you will be put where DCL inventory requires. You will still have a great time and if it helps at all, I find forward a great area to be in.

MJ

Sorry you did not get your request but no requests are usually even taken for GTY or *GT Rates. You always take the chance with GTYs and *GT rates that you will be put where DCL inventory requires. You will still have a great time and if it helps at all, I find forward a great area to be in.

MJ
Yeah I knew that going in. I just thought it was rather comical that they would put me about as opposite of what I asked for as possible. I know 4 other cabins that were GTY and at least two of them made no request and all of them are further back on the ship than I am. I think they just never even checked for/looked at requests, that or they did and the person assigning the cabins that day was in a lousy mood lol! Our room actually seems good, not noisy and the ship is so small compared to the Dream, that we usually cruise on, that the trip from forward to aft is really no big deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter