Official thread to keep track of GTY cabins ASSIGNED

GENERALLY regular GTY rates are assigned further out, BUT DCL does reserve the right to assign you your cabin at any point up to the moment you check in.
Oh yes, I understand that ^_^ That's why I was a bit panicked because GENERALLY the cabins are assigned, but if DCL is enacting their right to assign later (just like *GT), I was going to freak out a little. You know, cause I just need to KNOW lol
Ah, small things, right? lol

Oh yes, I understand that ^_^ That's why I was a bit panicked because GENERALLY the cabins are assigned, but if DCL is enacting their right to assign later (just like *GT), I was going to freak out a little. You know, cause I just need to KNOW lol
Ah, small things, right? lol

I get it. I booked GTY as well and was eager to know. I figured with my luck I wouldn't find out until a lot later - and I'm still holding my breath that they could change it up to check-in. (I mean, if they need the cabin for some reason or there is an issue with it so it needs to be taken out of service, they could do that to ANY cabin, so...) Ultimately I just keep reminding myself that it is a place to sleep and there is sooooooooo much to do outside the cabin!

I get it. I booked GTY as well and was eager to know. I figured with my luck I wouldn't find out until a lot later - and I'm still holding my breath that they could change it up to check-in. (I mean, if they need the cabin for some reason or there is an issue with it so it needs to be taken out of service, they could do that to ANY cabin, so...) Ultimately I just keep reminding myself that it is a place to sleep and there is sooooooooo much to do outside the cabin!

Haha thanks for understanding! Glad to know I'm not the only one that stresses a little over it ^_^
Yes, exactly! Though, for some medical reasons, the cabin is a bit of a safe haven for us, so a bit more time, but yeah, we have a cabin! At it will AT LEAST be in a 7A (for us) :)

Fingers crossed for your assignments soon!

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 9C
#2. What category and room # did you get? 9C #2024
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? around 58-60 days (I don't check every day)
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? No upgrade. I am unsure about whether it is an undesirable location - under the hallway beneath the adult nightclubs - but I am happy that it wasn't even further forward. And I am even happier that we can go on this cruise. I booked the trip at 61 days, and 9C and 9D were the only ocean-view categories left. There was no choice to select a stateroom at the time only GTY was left. Verandah was $2,400 more, so we made the decision that it would either be ocean-view or not go at all. So we made the decision to go and I am very happy about that.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? n/a
#6 What ship are you sailing? Magic
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Sometime between late Wednesday and early Friday.
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? ???
#9. What month is your cruise? April.

Last edited:

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 9C
#2. What category and room # did you get? 9C #2024
#9. What month is your cruise? April.

Hello! THank you for sharing! I believe DH and I had 2026 on the Wonder when we went (same layout) and it was a wonderful location! Deck 2 is awesome and you can get some beautiful views from that porthole (if it's the 1 large one).
May I ask, what date is your April cruise?

Hello! THank you for sharing! I believe DH and I had 2026 on the Wonder when we went (same layout) and it was a wonderful location! Deck 2 is awesome and you can get some beautiful views from that porthole (if it's the 1 large one).
May I ask, what date is your April cruise?
Thanks for sharing! That makes me feel better. Yes, it's one large porthole.
It's the April 5th cruise. I placed a hold on Monday (Feb 2), paid for it on Tuesday (Feb 3). No assignment on either Tuesday or Wednesday, and sometime between late on Wednesday and this morning, they had assigned it. So probably assigned yesterday at 59 days.

Thanks for sharing! That makes me feel better. Yes, it's one large porthole.
It's the April 5th cruise. I placed a hold on Monday (Feb 2), paid for it on Tuesday (Feb 3). No assignment on either Tuesday or Wednesday, and sometime between late on Wednesday and this morning, they had assigned it. So probably assigned yesterday at 59 days.
I just looked it up and I was in 2606! I was close ... not. Lol But it is a nice deck, and if you'd like, I can PM you my pictures I took of the cabin and a video ^_^
And here is where the reviews are for the various cabins: http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/roomlist.cfm

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 7a
#2. What category and room # did you get? 5a
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 52
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy. We received an upgrade and are thankful. We're on 10, but looks like we're under other staterooms and not the pools or Cabanas. Any feedback on 10016?
#6 What ship are you sailing? Fantasy
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Wednesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? around 3:00 p.m.
9. What month is your cruise? April 4th

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 8C
#2. What category and room # did you get? 8C
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 52
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy - got what I booked and glad to be on high floor.
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Wednesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? around 3:00 p.m.
9. What month is your cruise? April 4th

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 6A
#2. What category and room # did you get? 5C 7160
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 35
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? DH would have preferred to be closer to spa, but I think it's great!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? NA
#6 What ship are you sailing? Dream
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Wed
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Wed night,
9. What month is your cruise? March

I just switched from an 8D to 7A with is a GTY. A little nervous about obstruction but would rather have the balcony than just a window. It looks like a lot who have booked 7A have ended up with category 5 rooms. I guess I will see what I get in the next few weeks to a month.

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 6A
#2. What category and room # did you get? 6A 9168
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 51
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Back End with a bit of a corner view, looks great to me!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? NA
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Wed
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Wed night
9. What month is your cruise? April

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 9D
#2. What category and room # did you get? 9D #6504
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? didn't check daily. Maybe around day 45
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I am unhappy. While the room is larger, this is a handicap room with no room divider or split bath. I'd really prefer a split bath over a large room.
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Thursday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? don't know
#9. What month is your cruise? April

None of the large corner 9D's have a privacy curtain, not just the handicapped one. We have been stayed in several corner 9D's and love the extra space. Enjoy your cruise!

MJ

#2. What category and room # did you get? It says 8C on my account but it says 7A on the Deck Plan - Room # 5688
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 56 days
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Love the location, I think the hallways will be more quiet. Apparently it's a "bad" 7A, because of the size of the verandah (people who booked a a verandah wouldn't be happy with it because it's really small and it's oddly shaped) but since DH and I (childfree) had booked a "large porthole", it's a very nice upgrade. The verandah's size will be perfect for the two of us. I found a video on youtube of our room and I had tears of joy while watching it. I'm in heaven! :hyper:
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Thursday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Don't know...

#2. What category and room # did you get? It says 8C on my account but it says 7A on the Deck Plan - Room # 5688
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 56 days
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Love the location, I think the hallways will be more quiet. Apparently it's a "bad" 7A, because of the size of the verandah (people who booked a a verandah wouldn't be happy with it because it's really small and it's oddly shaped) but since DH and I (childfree) had booked a "large porthole", it's a very nice upgrade. The verandah's size will be perfect for the two of us. I found a video on youtube of our room and I had tears of joy while watching it. I'm in heaven! :hyper:
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Thursday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Don't know...
Just wanted to say that's so sweet and I'm excited for you guys! You are right that others that gambled on a 7a GTY might not be happy but you are seeing all the positives! :)

Unfortunately it can change but I would say it's not typical.

Heather

Just wanted to say that's so sweet and I'm excited for you guys! You are right that others that gambled on a 7a GTY might not be happy but you are seeing all the positives! :)

Unfortunately it can change but I would say it's not typical.

Heather

We are definitely happy. We booked a room (GTY) we knew we would be super happy with ... And we got a better room.

If that happens, do you get a better room or you can be downgraded?

I already sent my orders for "food and gifts" with our room number... What happens if they move us?

I have a question. I booked an 11C on the wonder for next year through the travel agency. I picked a room number. Last time we travelled many years ago, we booked a 12 and got a 9. What are the odds I will get upgraded if I picked my room number? Should I call travel agent and just change to GTY and pick no number? I'm confused. Help!

I have a question. I booked an 11C on the wonder for next year through the travel agency. I picked a room number. Last time we travelled many years ago, we booked a 12 and got a 9. What are the odds I will get upgraded if I picked my room number? Should I call travel agent and just change to GTY and pick no number? I'm confused. Help!

Complimentary upgrades are random and have no bearing on whether you already have an assigned cabin number or GTY. By switching to GTY it would not increase your chances of an upgrade. Having GTY bookings helps DCL be flexible in move people around to fit their inventory needs. The rule of thumb is to always book a cabin you will be happy with and if by chance DCL upgrades you all the better. But don't ever think you will be upgraded because it really is less common than it seems on this board. Book a cabin category you will be happy with.

Enjoy your cruise!!

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter