Official thread to keep track of GTY cabins ASSIGNED

Howdy folks!

We have a GTY 5E for March 14th reserved since September. 62 days and counting. I am getting tired of entering my B-Day and R# a couple of times a day to no avail :-)

I also just realized that we may get "upgraded" to a "nicer" room, which while being slightly larger inside, could very likely have the smaller balcony.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for an actual 5E. Come on pixie dust!!! Will post as soon as we get a room assignment. I just did a reservation inquiry on our cruise and it looks like only a couple of room types are even still available at this point, so we shall see my fellow mousketeers! We are going on Spring Break week, so I am not sure how that affects our chances. More to follow...

V

Howdy folks!

We have a GTY 5E for March 14th reserved since September. 62 days and counting. I am getting tired of entering my B-Day and R# a couple of times a day to no avail :-)

I also just realized that we may get "upgraded" to a "nicer" room, which while being slightly larger inside, could very likely have the smaller balcony.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for an actual 5E. Come on pixie dust!!! Will post as soon as we get a room assignment. I just did a reservation inquiry on our cruise and it looks like only a couple of room types are even still available at this point, so we shall see my fellow mousketeers! We are going on Spring Break week, so I am not sure how that affects our chances. More to follow...

V

If you are already a Castaway Club Member, just log in to CC and click on view my cruises. Click on it there and you do not have to enter any of that.

If you are already a Castaway Club Member, just log in to CC and click on view my cruises. Click on it there and you do not have to enter any of that.

Took the words out of my mouth. :lmao: :thumbsup2
At first I thought, "Who on earth has to enter their date of birth?" It's been a long time since I had to do that; I almost forgot. :goodvibes

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 11B
#2. What category and room # did you get? 11B, Room 6507
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 43
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? It is the same room we had for our last cruise in 2009! We loved the location (forward and convenient to to spa/fitness where we like to hang out.)
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? n/a
#6 What ship are you sailing? Wonder
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Tuesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Approx. 9 a.m. EST
#9. What month is your cruise?February

I guess they figured we liked 6507 since we booked it before! :cool1: An upgrade would have been nice, but this will suit us fine. :goodvibes

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? VGT
#2. What category and room # did you get? 5A #9044
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 11 days
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I do not know enough about cruising to know if this is a good room or not. Any help/info/advice on this room would be helpful. Thank you.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
#6 What ship are you sailing? Fantasy
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? mid morning
9. What month is your cruise? January

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 11B
#2. What category and room # did you get? 11B
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 54
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I am happy cabins are together. tbh a wee bit disappointed not to be upgraded even 1 category as this is 11th cruise and we always bring new people who always rebook! BUT that said, I book inside cabins so I have more to spend on the other things! Would not have booked this if I was going to be really disappointed.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? YES :)
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned?
9. What month is your cruise? March

Yay! Just checked at 3:00pm today and found out our cabin assignment!:cool1:

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 10A
#2. What category and room # did you get? 10A, Room 8679 - Deluxe Inside Stateroom
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 51
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? We got what we reserved and I'm happy we're on the 8th floor but we are Aft whereas the two previous cruises we were mid-ship, but from reviews I've read it's pretty quiet and out of the way.
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Wednesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Not sure, checked this morning and it wasn't there but just checked at 3:00pm EST and it was!:)
#9. What month is your cruise? March 14-21

So ready to go!!!!

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 7a
#2. What category and room # did you get? 4b 8144
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 51
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? happy
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? not sure, checked @ 7 pm

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 5E
#2. What category and room # did you get? 4C #7598
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 52
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I was hoping for the oversize verandah, but happy to have a larger room in an excellent location. In fact, at first I didn't even realize that with a GTY I would possibly receive a standard size verandah because the booking agent said this type of room or "better" (I assumed it applied to the verandah too).
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Probably around 10:30AM EST
#9. What month is your cruise? March

So...GTY question. I've just booked a 5E. However, I'm seeing on some of the reviews that there's an ash/soot issue with quite a few of these rooms. This would be a big issue with my asthma.

Should I call DCL directly and let them know so that they can assign a room accordingly or should I just wait to see what happens and then see if they can move us at the Port if we happen to be assigned to a "problem" room?

So...GTY question. I've just booked a 5E. However, I'm seeing on some of the reviews that there's an ash/soot issue with quite a few of these rooms. This would be a big issue with my asthma.

Should I call DCL directly and let them know so that they can assign a room accordingly or should I just wait to see what happens and then see if they can move us at the Port if we happen to be assigned to a "problem" room?

I have stayed in a 5E my last 10 cruises, on all 4 of the ships. I have never seen any soot in the room, at all. 5Es are awesome and have incredible views. You will be fine.

I have stayed in a 5E my last 10 cruises, on all 4 of the ships. I have never seen any soot in the room, at all. 5Es are awesome and have incredible views. You will be fine.

Plus it seems that the majority of the 5E GTY cabins get upgraded anyway - at least from the complaints on here from people who booked it expecting not to be upgraded.

Plus it seems that the majority of the 5E GTY cabins get upgraded anyway - at least from the complaints on here from people who booked it expecting not to be upgraded.

Yes, most of the 5E GTYs are crossing their fingers to keep them.:hippie:

Oh Good (on both counts). I had just gone by the cruise reviews on that link in the thread on this board and it seemed to be a theme on those 5Es. To be honest, I tried researching it this morning prior to booking but the dis site wasn't coming up :confused3

And I didn't mean "in" the room - this was something on the railings, chairs, etc. Which would kind of make the verandah I'm paying for useless for me until it's cleaned. But I'm glad you didn't have any problems. Maybe it was just something odd that day.

Right now, I'm just happy to be on the ship :banana:

Oh Good (on both counts). I had just gone by the cruise reviews on that link in the thread on this board and it seemed to be a theme on those 5Es. To be honest, I tried researching it this morning prior to booking but the dis site wasn't coming up :confused3

And I didn't mean "in" the room - this was something on the railings, chairs, etc. Which would kind of make the verandah I'm paying for useless for me until it's cleaned. But I'm glad you didn't have any problems. Maybe it was just something odd that day.

Right now, I'm just happy to be on the ship :banana:

One thing is for sure, if you, for any reason, had a dirty verandah, they would be there within 10 minutes of your notifying them...to clean it up!:thumbsup2

My two cents - if it's a concern for you I would switch especially since it would be a big issue with your asthma. I have stayed far aft twice now and my last 5E in April indeed had a lot of soot and this is normal. One of the officers was near our cabin and they were using our verandah to hose the others off and ours so we started chatting with her about it. When the Fanatsy is covering a longer distance they burn a lot of their trash instead of taking off the ship and that's why on this sea day we noticed more. You can easily see it if you get a white towel or sock and just wipe the deck. I promise I'm not over exaggerating and I never sat on the chairs unless I sat on a towel.

I'm sorry I didn't see or can't remember if you mentioned the Dream or Fantasy so I'd say if you are Dream (which I've also been far aft) you are likely fine. The Fantasy though, I'd switch it based on your concerns.

Heather

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 9C
#2. What category and room # did you get? 9C
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room?53
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Same category , no upgrade , but at least we got connecting rooms.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? yes
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Monday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? I checked around noon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter