Official Thread For Upcoming Eastern Canadian Cruises

jilljill said:
Your wife and mom can turn in the signature page with your signature. Yes they can board without you, you will need to have your passport to check in as normal. If they make you sign another signature paper that's no big deal on your end since they will have a copy there.

Thanks, Jill

Hope everyone has fun in Halifax today! Here's the Magic arriving in the fog this morning. The day has turned out absolutely fabulous!

551975_10151045480567616_632001255_n.jpg

We had amazing weather in Halifax yesterday. Unfortunately, it's pouring buckets in Saint John right now. The weather forecast has rain all day.

Can anyone tell me what time the terminal opens for checkin?
What time would you suggest we arrange to be dropped at the pier? I've read somewhere that it is a long walk??

The terminal is long...security and bag scanner are in the front of the terminal and the check in at the far end...but it is not bad..and it is all inside.

We have gotten dropped off at about 10:30 both times. On Friday we will be arriving a bit later as we have to leave a bit later due to another commitment.

One thing I don't like about the NY terminal is that when they start calling boarding numbers people do not get out of the way and it is a bit of a struggle to get through.

MJ

The terminal is long...security and bag scanner are in the front of the terminal and the check in at the far end...but it is not bad..and it is all inside.

We have gotten dropped off at about 10:30 both times. On Friday we will be arriving a bit later as we have to leave a bit later due to another commitment.

One thing I don't like about the NY terminal is that when they start calling boarding numbers people do not get out of the way and it is a bit of a struggle to get through.

MJ

We were dropped at 11:45 (had a port arrival time of 11:30 am) and while it was a bit crowded (another ship was there too) the line moved right along. When we checked in, we were given a boarding number of 3, but was told to go right on as it was "open" boarding. We were eating lunch by 12:30. BTW...no one asked about port arrival time.

We had amazing weather in Halifax yesterday. Unfortunately, it's pouring buckets in Saint John right now. The weather forecast has rain all day.

It's unfortunate that you are visiting today with most of the southern half of the province under a heavy rainfall warning.

I wonder whats gonna be up with the Sept 7th, I wonder if they would alter it at all with the way the seas look like they might be on the way there?

MJ

Thanks, MJ. Have a great cruise. We're on the cruise after yours and can't wait!

I'm afraid it's what is left of the hurricane in the Gulf last week. :) For those that are travelling next week (Halifax on Tuesday), watch the forecast as the Hurricane Leslie is starting to track our direction and may land here Monday which would cause some interesting seas.

I'm afraid it's what is left of the hurricane in the Gulf last week. :) For those that are travelling next week (Halifax on Tuesday), watch the forecast as the Hurricane Leslie is starting to track our direction and may land here Monday which would cause some interesting seas.

Our cruise leaves on Friday so we are in Halifax on Sunday and Saint John on Monday. Hoping the weather and seas hold out for us.

Hope you guys on today's embarking cruise have a great time even if the weather is not cooperating!

If you have rain in Saint John, look into this for some indoor fun:

http://www.aquatics.nb.ca/?q=drop-in-swim

It's right across the street from the port. It's even connected to the Pedway! Any Saint John folks have input about the place???

Hope to hear back after your cruise and hope it's all good!!!

Hope you guys on today's embarking cruise have a great time even if the weather is not cooperating!

It's right across the street from the port. It's even connected to the Pedway! Any Saint John folks have input about the place???

Thanks so much. So far today looks fine. Let's hope Leslie stays away.

Linda

Sitting in the Promenade Lounge waitin to disembark. Can't believe it's already over! Hopefully our limo will be out there when we finally leave and it's back to where our car is parked in New Jersey and a 10 hour drive home. See you real soon!

The pool is not right across the street from the port. It is connected to the Brunswick shopping center that contains stores, the library, and City Hall. I'd say that it's about a 10 minute walk from port. About half of it would be open the other half undercover going using the Pedway.

I live in Maine and vacation in St. John. Twice we have gone to the aquatic center just to have a good swim. The lap pool is really great, there's a smaller pool with a fun sliding board. There are two hot tubs. One time I able to participate in the water aerobics class that gave me a really good workout. There is also a very extensive gym you can use full of equipment of all kinds. Bring your own towel. They have coin-operated lockers. Or you can bring your own lock.

Sitting in the Promenade Lounge waitin to disembark. Can't believe it's already over! Hopefully our limo will be out there when we finally leave and it's back to where our car is parked in New Jersey and a 10 hour drive home. See you real soon!

Sorry that you cruise is over. What car service did you use to get you back to new jersey?

We're using Dial 7. The trip from Newark was great. We're now in the car, stuck in NYC traffic trying to get to the Lincoln Tunnel. This after a chaotic 15 minutes trying to find our car. We asked the terminal people where cars would pick up people and they told us "across the street" ?!! So they funneled us out and told us to cross. Meanwhile I'm trying to talk the driver but it's hard to hear anything on a phone with the traffic whizzing by. We finally figured out a way to meet up. He was in the pier in the REAL pickup area. He told us the terminal people were wrong.

Heading into the jammed tunnel now.

Sorry it is over. May I ask how cool it was on sea days? We received an email advising us to bring long sleeve shirts and "warm" coats. Wondering if that mean a warm coat by Florida standards? I don't want to pack a down jacket or wool coat. :rotfl:

Thanks for the hint. I'm really enjoying your trip report.

We're using Dial 7. The trip from Newark was great. We're now in the car, stuck in NYC traffic trying to get to the Lincoln Tunnel. This after a chaotic 15 minutes trying to find our car. We asked the terminal people where cars would pick up people and they told us "across the street" ?!! So they funneled us out and told us to cross. Meanwhile I'm trying to talk the driver but it's hard to hear anything on a phone with the traffic whizzing by. We finally figured out a way to meet up. He was in the pier in the REAL pickup area. He told us the terminal people were wrong.

Sorry about the traffic and bad info. Hope your drive home is safe and easier.

Thanks SOOOO much for the live update! Would you tell me how long it took to get to NJ today. We have a 11:30 flight out of newark airport and doing walk off but need to know how long (or how early) we need to be.
Hope you had a great time. Please post some thoughts when you have the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter