Official thread for the 2010 Princess 1/2 Marathon & 5k- REGSITRATION IS OPEN!

MomTo2LittleMonsters, I LOVED your report!! Looked like you two had a great time together!

I hope the WISH girls don't mind, but here is a pic of all of us, with bling, in the MK the day after the race. I am the one in the black shirt without the hat (long dark hair): http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m216/3DisneyKids/DSC00095-1.jpg

I wrote a race report on the WISH thread that started the whole adventure...
Part I: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=35773441&postcount=1579
Part II: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=35773910&postcount=1582

I love this pic of us Kat!

Congratulations everybody! This was an amazing experience. I can't imagine participating in a non-Disney half. I wouldn't know what to do with myself.

Got home an hour so ago..chatted with DH and DS and must go to bed.

Two goals accomplished 1. Photo with Mickey and Minnie in royal clothes (will post pix later) 2. Sub 2:10 chip time 2:09:21 with one potty break and I took 10 photos along the way-had to wait for 4 or 5 people a couple of times.

More later..great race, great weather (well maybe a bit too cold in the morning)

Tracy Who were the race car drivers? I live 10 min. from Lowes Motor speedway and know nothing about racing.

I was just playing in the photo site for a while. No issues whatsoever except for the fact that I will be spending a ton of money for pictures! :upsidedow

Did anyone download their finish video? I am debating if it is really worth it. It is cheap compared to the pictures but I don't want to buy something if it the quality isn't there.

Joan - I think the racers were just the drivers for teh Richard Petty track. Not big names.

Well, I get off cheap. My pix stink. My finish line pic is after the line, so I'm walking. No castle pic because 4 women gathered in front of me and came to a complete stop. :-( The bike medic didn't appreciate it much either, as trying to go downhill in a crowd isn't easy ot begin with. :sad2:

Oy, these photos are expensive!
Sheesh! I know!

Got home an hour so ago..chatted with DH and DS and must go to bed.

Two goals accomplished 1. Photo with Mickey and Minnie in royal clothes (will post pix later) 2. Sub 2:10 chip time 2:09:21 with one potty break and I took 10 photos along the way-had to wait for 4 or 5 people a couple of times.

More later..great race, great weather (well maybe a bit too cold in the morning)
That's the only thing I'm the teensiest bit disappointed about - I never saw royal Mickey and Minnie. :confused3

Princessbride6205 I know how you feel...I ran my first half last year and didn't see Royal Minnie and Mickey-you will have to return next year and hopefully you will see them.

I didn't see them near the castle either! I did stop to get my picture with Cinderella though. Oh well, I'll just have to run it again!

I did order my gallery of pictures for $79. It was expensive, but I justified it because there were some good ones and hey, it was my first half marathon (and in DISNEY!) so I had to do it. They really get ya with those pictures, huh?

I didn't see Royal Mickey and Minnie either. Next year....it would be nice. Hoping we can get a better airfare next year if we decide sooner.

I want to give a report, but life has gotten in the way...got a call that my oldest DD was taken to hospital from college class-looks like she is okay-still waiting test results and if I need to take off.

i wanted to post link, well you will have to type it/copy & paste in (not a hyperlink)..me with royal minnie and mickey at castle just before 7am

http://picasaweb.google.com/baumann6/PrincessHalfMarathon2010#5447396967846073298

it came up as a link-hope that is okay

I want to give a report, but life has gotten in the way...got a call that my oldest DD was taken to hospital from college class-looks like she is okay-still waiting test results and if I need to take off.

i wanted to post link, well you will have to type it/copy & paste in (not a hyperlink)..me with royal minnie and mickey at castle just before 7am

http://picasaweb.google.com/baumann6/PrincessHalfMarathon2010#5447396967846073298

it came up as a link-hope that is okay

I hope your daughter is ok.
I am pretty sure you are in some pictures my mom took, she apparently saw me and just pressed the shutter until I passed. I can send them to you if you would like. :)

Joy I went and stocked your time and we were pretty close together through the 10K mark-I'd love to see what your mom got-you can see other photos by clicking on the link. Maybe I have some of you too.

Joy I went and stocked your time and we were pretty close together through the 10K mark-I'd love to see what your mom got-you can see other photos by clicking on the link. Maybe I have some of you too.

Yep, I think we were pretty close. I hurt my knee at the first banked curve and when I stopped to go to the bathroom, somewhere after the Grand Floridian, my knee hurt too badly to run anymore so I pretty much walked the rest of the way. You are definitely in our pics, I'll get them uploaded tonight.

forgive me if this has been asked but I am still in wdw (and still wearing my medal lol) and I haven't had time to read the thread since i left.

where do we find our pictures?

When I try to find out my time it says no results found?. I figure my time is between 3:30-3:40 anyone nbo why the system can't find me? I so badly want to know my time.

treehugnmama Your chip time is 2:43:02 google active.com click on princess half and put in your bib #
for photos google asi photos and find priness half and put in your bib 3
Hope that helps

GUESS I'M WRONG I looked at other thread and thought it said your bib # was 8840 What is your bib #?

treehugnmama I looked at 8840 on the photos and it is a girl with long dark hair in two pig tails, long black pants, long sleeve pink shirt with princess running shirts over the top (the blue shirt that we got in our bag) and a tiara and an ipod thing strapped and her right arm

I have a question for all you ladies who just ran... did you see anyone walk the whole half marathon? I want to do the half marathon next year but I just don't think I can be under a certain time frame... I think I might be able to do the half in like 4 hours but i really don't know because I am not in the best of shape or health. I have a bad knee and I have asthma also... my main concern is that I don't want to be sweeped at all...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter