Official thread for the 2010 Princess 1/2 Marathon & 5k- REGSITRATION IS OPEN!

Hi,
I don't post much but love reading about what everybody is doing, I did the princess marathon last year and had a blast! I registered for this year but just found out that I cant go due to the person that was going to watch my 3 kids cannot make it!!!
So now I cant make it :sad2: I know that I am out of the money I spent at the registration but do you guys know of any way that at least I could get the goodie bag and shirt? Does disney help you with any of that? How would I go about doing that? I am so sad to not make this event and at the last minute. I always love reading and know that you wish guys are all knowing about this stuff:worship: and hope to meet you at a future event (the princess last year was my first event ever and I really loved it) Thanks so much for any info/help you can give me.
Gwen.princess:

Gwen, the same thing happened to me for the Disney half in January. Someone from the race thread offered to pick up my packet. I signed the release form, wrote out a simple signed letter saying "____________ has my permission to pick up my race packet for the Disney Half Marathon," and made a copy of my driver's license. I emailed all of that to the person, he mailed my packet after the race, and I sent him the money via PayPal.

Maybe someone here will offer to do that for you. I am only taking 1 carryon bag, so my space is limited, but if nobody else offers to help, I will see if I can't make it work.

I'm hesr too.......but there again i'm just down the road.:rotfl2:

Don't rub it in! :rolleyes:

I have been following your progress on this thread, and I just wanted to say that I know you are all going to do great! Have a wonderful time! I just started running 7 weeks ago, and I hope to be where you are this time next year. I can't wait to read about your finishes and see pictures. Have fun!

Thanks, MickeyMomTo2! I appreciate the encouragement. :hug:

Living so close is not as magical as you would think it would be.....you get to see the other side of the mouse.
But I must admit its nice being able to pop in for a few hours when ever you feel like it.

I'm off to the expo to try to get my bib......I do not have any conformation that I am in so it could be fun!!!!

Hi,
I don't post much but love reading about what everybody is doing, I did the princess marathon last year and had a blast! I registered for this year but just found out that I cant go due to the person that was going to watch my 3 kids cannot make it!!!
So now I cant make it :sad2: I know that I am out of the money I spent at the registration but do you guys know of any way that at least I could get the goodie bag and shirt? Does disney help you with any of that? How would I go about doing that? I am so sad to not make this event and at the last minute. I always love reading and know that you wish guys are all knowing about this stuff:worship: and hope to meet you at a future event (the princess last year was my first event ever and I really loved it) Thanks so much for any info/help you can give me.
Gwen.princess:

If you still need someone to pick up your packet for you, I can. Just pm me, you can either fax or email the info to me (that Andrea mentioned in her post). I will be around all day today and will be driving to Disney tomorrow morning to get my stuff.

Gwen, the same thing happened to me for the Disney half in January. Someone from the race thread offered to pick up my packet. I signed the release form, wrote out a simple signed letter saying "____________ has my permission to pick up my race packet for the Disney Half Marathon," and made a copy of my driver's license. I emailed all of that to the person, he mailed my packet after the race, and I sent him the money via PayPal.

Maybe someone here will offer to do that for you. I am only taking 1 carryon bag, so my space is limited, but if nobody else offers to help, I will see if I can't make it work.

If you need someone to get your packet I'd be willing to get it for you! private message me!

If you need someone to get your packet I'd be willing to get it for you! private message me!

I PM'd you back. Thanks for the offer, but that was actually the half this past January that I had to miss. I will be at the Princess this weekend, come hell or high water! ;)

oppps, just noticed your post was a reply... lol! I had to do a packet pick up fro my friend last year. You also have to have a photo copy of their id to pick up their packet for them!

I can't thank you guys enough for giving me the info and help I need for hopefully succesfully getting my goodybag for me! I will keep you guys informed as to how it goes. :goodvibes I hope to really meet you guys at one of the races. Now I am setting my sights on maybe the wine and dine race and WITH the kids also participating and if that does not work out I would love to do the marathon in january the only thing is that i read that it was really cold and as I live in the carribbean I might freeze during that one lol:lmao:
Gwenprincess:

No joke about the Braves game. What a mess.

And is anyone else on here going to have to give away their shirt to a much smaller friend???

And is anyone else on here going to have to give away their shirt to a much smaller friend???

Hey Maroo,

What size did you get? I knew they would be cut small and I like my running shirts big so I ordered a XXL but the tag says 3X and I am swimming in it. Maybe we can switch?

GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!

I'm sad I can't be there, but I'll be running on the treadmill in my pink shorts thinking about Disney!

Congrats to all you Princesses and Princes--hope your race was magical. Let us all know how your races went--especially any first timers. I'd love to hear about your experience(and you can always just cut and paste your report onto the race thread).

Maura

I officially completed my very first race!!! :banana: I feel amazing. Sore and tired, but amazing. :woohoo: Full report to follow, as soon as I recover. princess:.

Congrats to everyone! I loved the race and all the entertainment.

JASON AUDLEY - Runner | Bib 4707 | WOOSTER, OH - USA | Male | Age 34
Start - 6:07:41 AM​
5K - 00:22:12​
10K - 00:44:13​
15K - 01:06:27​
Finish - 01:34:08​

Time Chip Time: 01:34:08 Clock Time: 1:41:49 Pace: 7:10
Place Overall: 41 Gender: 10 Division:

I let up too much at the end, but was happy with my time overall.

My only complaint is about Disney's time schedule for when you had to be in the corral ect... (which wasn't followed) Other large races like Rock & Roll manage just fine w/o limits like that.

Congratulations to everyone!!!!!!!:thumbsup2
Can anybody show off their cool medal so those of us who were not there can drool over it:lmao:
Can't wait to hear all about it!!!!popcorn::
Gwenprincess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter