Official thread for the 2010 Princess 1/2 Marathon & 5k- REGSITRATION IS OPEN!

I just want to review this one more time....

If we are staying at the Poly and are in a buliding close to the TTC...then we can just walk through the path and hop on the Epcot monorail, right?

If so...what is the latest we can get on that monorail and be there in time to get in the corrals?

Not that we would push it. ;)

maroo, i may be wrong, but i don't believe you can go on the monorail that early. You will have to take the special bus for the race transport. You could take the monorail back after, but not to the start in the a.m.
We stayed at the Poly last year, and took the special race bus...

Packing for this weather is so hard! Are any of you bringing your coat? Early morning/later at night will be pretty chilly and I don't think a hoodie would suffice.

I am not bringing a coat to the race -- probably just a throw away sweatshirt, and a trashbag for my legs.. We wore trashbags last year as "ponchos" to keep our heat in.. but i will definately do a sweatshirt this year..
I am bringing my coat for the rest of the vaca. however... It was in the 40's at night in November down there, and i froze with just my sweatshirt in the parks.. :sad2:

If we are staying at the Poly and are in a buliding close to the TTC...then we can just walk through the path and hop on the Epcot monorail, right?

I'm staying at the Poly too and as far as I can tell, we will have to take a bus to the start.

I was hoping that the monorail would be open too, its so nice to park in the MK parking lot and catch the monorail rather than parking in Epcot.

Packing for this weather is so hard! Are any of you bringing your coat? Early morning/later at night will be pretty chilly and I don't think a hoodie would suffice.

I am definitely bringing my coat on this trip - and long underwear, gloves, hat, scarf....

I learned my lesson in January.

For the race I am planning on a throw away hoodie - hopefully that is all I will need...? But the temps seem to just be dropping each time I look.

I will be sad if the monorail is not open that early.

So...if it is not, then just take the bus and have to catch it by 4AM, right?

maroo.. i think, the chances of the monorail up and running are slim to none..usually, it's about 7am when it starts up i think.. :) But, i have to say, the bus ran GREAT last year -- no problems what so ever! So, don't worry about the bus.. they seemed to have it working great last year.
And yes, i believe the last bus is at 4am. Ugh...........LOL

I am definitely bringing my coat on this trip - and long underwear, gloves, hat, scarf....

I learned my lesson in January.

For the race I am planning on a throw away hoodie - hopefully that is all I will need...? But the temps seem to just be dropping each time I look.

I brought long underwear as well, and have an extra pair of sweats and my $3 velour zip-up (DH said I look like I belong in a bingo parlor!). I don't have gloves or a scarf that I would want to throw away, though. :(

I threw in a coat and three more long-sleeved Ts right before I finished packing up the car this AM.

At work for 30 more min or so, then off on the road to Orlando!!!

I will be reading but not posting, so good luck to everyone and I can't wait to meet the POR group!! I am so excited! :yay:

Well, shoot. I don't know if my outfit will be okay if it's only in the 40s.
Being from MN, I know I'll be fine at that temp without gloves and stuff, but I don't know about my running skirt and tank top...

Well, i am still wearing my running skirt, but bringing a trash bag to wrap around me before we start.. i know once we start, i will warm right up.. so i'm not stressing much.

Safe travels everyone......see you soon.

I've just seen the weather for the weekend and eventhough it will be cold in the morning it is going to be in the 70's for the day.:yay:

today it is 50 with 28 mph winds!!!!

Good luck everyone. I will be sending positive vibes your way. You can read a new article about this weekend's race at:

Marathon Examiner

I hope everyone meets their goals and has a blast!!!

BTW --- i just printed out my pace bands -- i used one last year and loved it, since it showed me how i was doing on my time, not the "official time".. i wore my stopwatch on one wrist and my pace band on the other.. helped greatly to keep me on track..

Get one here:
www.marathonguide.com - just make sure you don't do the marathon one, enter in the one below where it is blank on the distance, enter in 13 miles and then the time in which you are looking to finish.. I wanted to stay about a 14:30 mile on my band, even though i know i will do better than that, at least this gives me a little lead way.. so i did a finish time of 3:10.

Well, shoot. I don't know if my outfit will be okay if it's only in the 40s.
Being from MN, I know I'll be fine at that temp without gloves and stuff, but I don't know about my running skirt and tank top...

I ran down here in Florida last weekend (5 miler) in my new running skirt. My legs were so cold, they were stinging. It was 42 out. My legs were red. I don't plan on running in it. It was just too cold. I ran in a UA Cold Gear hoodie for 3.5 miles--out of the 5. This was at around 7:30am. Last year I ran in capris and a tank. I'll have to look back and see the weather from that morning--it was the 5k. BRB.

ETA: It was 52 that morning when I ran.

Caitsmama- thanks for the pace chart. I've taped one to the back of my phone before, but it was small type and got harder to read as the miles went on! Stupid question- how do you put it on your arm? Do you put tape on it to kind of laminate it like a bracelet or is that irritating?

BlakeNJ- I ran a 10k this weekend just north of Florida. I was in shorts, a short sleeve shirt, and a sort of light running jacket. I think the running jacket helped, but I do remember freaking out at one point because my legs were so cold that I couldn't feel the shorts material and wasn't sure what was happening (I used a subtle grab to make sure they were still in place, but it was a little scary...:rolleyes1) Looks like I'll be packing even more stuff (when I get around to packing).

For everyone headed down now, I'm jealous! Have fun and don't forget to take it sort of easy at the parks on Saturday- think benches and drinking water. See you Sunday morning if not before!

Jen in GA

Hi everyone!!! Yeah, the time is here!!! I am so looking forward to this! The rest of my running group is coming to my house tonight and then we need to leave for the airport at 3:30am (YIKES!!!) tomorrow! But the good news is that this time tomorrow we'll be well into our Hollywood Studios day and looking forward to Mama Melrose for dinner! Hope you all have a magical trip and you meet your race goal! You all are awesome - GOOD LUCK!!!

My grandmother is in Florida already and sent me a Facebook message telling me to pack my warm clothes! I already did, luckily. I am thinking about throwing my running tights into my suitcase though to wear under my running skirt. I know after I'm running for awhile, I'll warm up, but I really don't want to be too cold. I am hoping my grandmother will watch part of the race in the MK in case I need to hand off any clothes to her. But I think I will bring my coat for the rest of the days/nights!

I have just received an email for WDW sports about my shift at the expo and this was part of it:

Weather Update:

The weather for Friday, March 5th is predicted for a high 63 degrees and a low of 40 degrees with a 0 percent chance of precipitation. Saturday, March 6th, is predicted for a high of 67 degrees and a low of 43 degrees with a 0 percent chance of precipitation

Why they would tell us the weather I don't know, as the expo is inside, but it was highlighted in red, so they really wanted it to be read.

I'm ready for this run. Today was my birthday and allowed myself a small cupcake. :thumbsup2 Of course if the weather is going to be cold, maybe I should plan for a little more insulaton and just eat a couple more of the cup cakes. :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter