Official thread for the 2010 Princess 1/2 Marathon & 5k- REGSITRATION IS OPEN!

DisneyPiPhi, I LOVED your race reports.

Btw, I assume you are a Pi Phi? Me too. Probably a lot older though. :laughing:

I finally sat down this weekend and finished telling the blog world about my Princess Half Marathon experience. If you want to read it, part 1 is here and part 2 is here. :)

Your blog is awesome. I remember seeing your group. I finished at about the same time - you guys were right before me! :cool1: I hope it isn't that cold next year! I didn't take any personal pictures this time around, but will take tons next year. It was great to go through your pictures and remember those markers.

I finally sat down this weekend and finished telling the blog world about my Princess Half Marathon experience. If you want to read it, part 1 is here and part 2 is here. :)

I saw your group for almost the entire race! In fact we finished about 50 seconds apart, hahaha. Great race report!

FYI, I called Disney merchandising. They said they have very little left, but asked for a description of what I wanted and they would check and get back to me. I described the tank top from above, and they called back and said they didn't have medium like I'd wanted, but they did have large and extra large. I ordered the large (with my brand new - as of yesterday - Disney Visa card!) and I'm hoping it fits. If not, well, I'll put it on ebay and let you guys know in case someone else wanted to buy it.

FYI, I called Disney merchandising. They said they have very little left, but asked for a description of what I wanted and they would check and get back to me. I described the tank top from above, and they called back and said they didn't have medium like I'd wanted, but they did have large and extra large. I ordered the large (with my brand new - as of yesterday - Disney Visa card!) and I'm hoping it fits. If not, well, I'll put it on ebay and let you guys know in case someone else wanted to buy it.

Good to know. I guess there won't be too much in the outlets this summer.

I called Disney endurance about my 3 sizes too big blue race shirt. Waiting to hear if they are able to help me trade in the tent I received at the expo.

Caseydilla thank you!! That tank was one of the shirts I was eyeing up. Now at least I have a visual that I can describe over the phone to them. Thanks again!

You are very welcome! Do you happen to have the number for Disney Merchandising handy? I might give them a call and see if they still had something I wanted too.

I was looking through the Princess Official Storybook Program and I can't believe I didn't notice before...MY DDs and I are the photo on the top on page 20. That is us finishing last year!:cool1::cool1:
That is so Awsome!

The number is: 407-363-6200. Hopefully they have what you want! I really wish they had more of the merch, and then put it online after the race. I guess I know for next time to get what I want when I'm there!

Joan, that is awesome!

I have a question about the photos from ASI Sports...For the packages, do they have to all be of the same print? For instance, one of the packages that they offer is like 4 5x7's-so do all 4 of those have to be of the same print??? If so, I think I'd be better of paying the $79 and getting the CD!

I'm pretty sure all 4 need to be the same print. I've done the Triple Print for my 2 previous Disney races. I'll probably just do the 5x7s for this. I plan on giving one of them to my friend that is in the medal picture with me.

It is the same picture for each package - you can't combine them. I called when I ordered mine to check. I had hoped for that as well, but it is similar to school picture packages. :( I didn't get that many pictures and spent a lot more than I wanted to. Even Disney's prices for pictures in the park with their photographers were cheaper! Never thought I would say that! :scared1:

I bought the pp cd fromthe parks so I was bummed that the pics taken were not phto pass. I would have liked 3 of the pics but i am going to settle for one.....I am in the process of signing up for another half for oct so I am thinking after that I may not care so much about the 2 pics I didn't buy.

I bought the pp cd fromthe parks so I was bummed that the pics taken were not phto pass. I would have liked 3 of the pics but i am going to settle for one.....I am in the process of signing up for another half for oct so I am thinking after that I may not care so much about the 2 pics I didn't buy.

I am going to plan a lot better for the Disneyland Half. I didn't take any pictures myself during the race which in the end was okay, and then got quite a few Photopass pictures after the race when I went to the MK with my medal on. They turned out great and it was nice that I could wait to order them when I got home. It only took three days for me to get them in the mail so it was a lot faster than the race pictures. I was surprised that Disney used an outside company...I expected them to be PP pictures too. Oh well...live and learn.

Hi everyone, i just wanted to pop on and say that i am SO SORRY i missed the Dis meet at POR!!! As most of you know, my sister was getting married that week (after the race) at Disney - the GF pavillion, and we got a call the day before the race from the dining manager at the GF, and he wanted us to come by on Sunday evening to discuss the menu details -- it was the only night he was available until wedding day -- and when i had to weigh out my options -- i knew i had to be there for my sister to help.. So, i went with her.. and we didn't get back til 7pm. :(

Again, i wanted to apologize, but i didn't have anyone's cell number to contact, i hope you all had a great time....

leeshiebean- love the blog. you'll be going back, I can feel it! And, just to make you be able to update your music and giggle, I'm guessing the song where everyone was line dancing was the Cupid Shuffle. I didn't know it, but when I told my 10 year old daughter there was something about "to the right to the right to the right to the right" and Cupid, she told me (after laughing at me).

Jen in GA

Thanks you guys! It's pretty long, but for my own memory I wanted to have all of the details logged. And I know I really enjoyed reading detailed race reports to get me pumped up for the Princess race, so hopefully it does the same for someone else running next year's!
OH and you're right about the Cupid Shuffle; now that you mention it, that was definitely it. :)

treehugnmama - just wanted to say, it was nice to see you out on the course :thumbsup2 -- I was the person with you waiting in line for the pics at the end

just waving

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter