Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the pictures! That Ahsoka shirt haha. I see your daughter has a lightsabet. Are they allowed to have them for pictures? I assumed not and had already prepared ODS to not bring them. He would love to have them for pictures though.

The only place where your own light saber or blaster is discouraged is if your child is invited to participate in the parade. They all carry blue light sabers for that, which have to be given back after.

Sounds like things change as the weeks go on, and everyone has a different experience. Last year, we were there for the first weekend in June - Mark Hamill. Both Vader and Boba Fett were in front at Sci-Fi for pics. In fact, Boba Fett was kind of like the guard at the door. DS7 was wearing a Stormtroopers shirt so he let us in! They said no autographs, but since we had something special, they would sign it. It was also a later seating around 10:30 so that may have played a role as well. I guess just be prepared for whatever the CM says when you're there because it most likely won't be the same for everyone :-)

I guess just be prepared for whatever the CM says when you're there because it most likely won't be the same for everyone :-)
So true. Because Character Dining falls under Entertainment, it is always subject to change.

Last year, some were disappointed when there was only one Jawa or one Trooper at the breakfast during the weekends. There's so much going on SWW-wise and only a specific casting of characters and their "friends."

But, with the SciFi breakfast getting tweaked throughout the SWW season last year, hopefully it'll be off to a good start on May 4th.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/679198948812026/823911367674116/?notif_t=group_activity

that is the facebook page I heard about Billy D from, not sure of validity, figured if untrue and I posted here someone would catch it. It says "in a email from his manager." Also, are we sure Bulloch will just be the first weekend :( we will only be at the final weekend and I am REALLY SWEATING figuring fastpass 60 day decisions on who will be there and to plan which day to do SWW, Fri, Sat., or the final day this year that Sunday... Any advice would be awesome! ty!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/679198948812026/823911367674116/?notif_t=group_activity

that is the facebook page I heard about Billy D from, not sure of validity, figured if untrue and I posted here someone would catch it. It says "in a email from his manager." Also, are we sure Bulloch will just be the first weekend :( we will only be at the final weekend and I am REALLY SWEATING figuring fastpass 60 day decisions on who will be there and to plan which day to do SWW, Fri, Sat., or the final day this year that Sunday... Any advice would be awesome! ty!
Nothing is 100% until Disney announces it on the DPB or the regular site. I would plan my fp knowing that I might want to change the Tier 1 fp for any of the SW shows (if you're interested). The list of celebrities should come out next month. I'm not sure when they will open the fp for the SW shows but I would think that Disney will wait until the 30 day mark to allow off site and ap holders to get them as well. But I could be wrong. If SWW is really important to you and your family I would plan to be there for Friday and if you miss something you could go on Saturday or Sunday. Don't leave it for Sunday because the weather will be a factor.

I looked at that page and it gives absolutely no info that can be checked out.

My cousin recently texted me and asked if we want to go to WDW with her next spring. Obviously the answer is yes so I am thinking of upgrading to an annual pass.

Is all the SWW merchandise available for the AP discount? What about the disney visa discount?

Is the TiW card accepted at the SW dining? (I think I remember reading people had mixed results with disney visa discount at h&v).

I wish there was a way I'd be able to get two years of SWW out of it, but I'm not changing this years plans so...probably not.

My cousin recently texted me and asked if we want to go to WDW with her next spring. Obviously the answer is yes so I am thinking of upgrading to an annual pass.

Is all the SWW merchandise available for the AP discount? What about the disney visa discount?

Is the TiW card accepted at the SW dining? (I think I remember reading people had mixed results with disney visa discount at h&v).

I wish there was a way I'd be able to get two years of SWW out of it, but I'm not changing this years plans so...probably not.
You get your regular AP discount or whatever discount Disney Visa has (I think it's like spending a minimum amount then you get the discount) you can't combine them

TiW I'm not sure, I've never used that.

Last edited:
TiW is not accepted for the SW meals. That's been confirmed by people on the Dining board - one is a CM with access to that info.

The Disney Visa discount was honored at H&V last year but only after asking and some had to be persistent when the meals first started up in May.

Just posted on the June dining cancellations but figured I'd post here as well. I will be cancelling StarWars breakfast (Sci-Fi) @8:00 am on Wednesday, June 10th (3 people). I'm in no particular hurry to cancel so PM in the next week or so if interesting in coordinating.

Successfully transferred! I'm glad to help another Disser.

Last edited:
You get your regular AP discount or whatever discount Disney Visa has (I think it's like spending a minimum amount then you get the discount) you can't combine them

TiW I'm not sure, I've never used that.

AHHHH i love 35% off :P

TiW is not accepted for the SW meals. That's been confirmed by people on the Dining board - one is a CM with access to that info.

The Disney Visa discount was honored at H&V last year but only after asking and some had to be persistent when the meals first started up in May.
Would the DVisaC apply to the Debit card also or just the credit card? And silly but ill ask, do you need to pay with that card or just show it?

Last edited:
Just curious why you say not good news?

The only not good news imho is that the shows will be outdoor this year. Which means waiting in the heat, then sitting in the heat. The air conditioning at the Premiere Theater was a real treat!
I doing remember now but it wasn't good for me, I think i really only gave us one day at DHS, maybe a half dy at night but i think everything is over as far as meet and greets and shows right?

I doing remember now but it wasn't good for me, I think i really only gave us one day at DHS, maybe a half dy at night but i think everything is over as far as meet and greets and shows right?
Actually there's some character meet and greets open until late and Obi Wan and Beyond show was at 7pm last year
Most meet and greets were open until 7:30pm

Would the DVisaC apply to the Debit card also or just the credit card? And silly but ill ask, do you need to pay with that card or just show it?
The Chase Disney Debit Card offers the same perks as the Visa's perks.

I know it's been reported that all you need to do is show your card so that the CM processes the discount and you can pay by other means - cash, giftcard etc.

https://disneydebit.com/vacation-perks/

Actually there's some character meet and greets open until late and Obi Wan and Beyond show was at 7pm last year
Most meet and greets were open until 7:30pm

well thats good to know, and i actually meant i might have a day or a day and half depending

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter