• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I have 5 more FPs available to grab for 'A Conversation with Frank Oz' on Saturday June 13.

Hang in there! A lot of us OH/MI end up permanent residents anyway! ;)

I'm trying to move to Orlando. If my bf or I could set up a job there we'd move in a heartbeat. I'm getting a mid level government security clearance now so I'm hoping that will help me find something there.

pump DJ Elliot music...it'll make you feel better. It was nice meeting you

I'm listening to fantasmic on repeat. The character explosion boat just came around the corner... Haha.

Nice to meet you too! Thanks again for helping me to stalk chops (chopper). Seeing Ezra and Sabine at the rebel hangar did make up for missing him :) I know how lucky a break that was.

I'm trying to move to Orlando. If my bf or I could set up a job there we'd move in a heartbeat. I'm getting a mid level government security clearance now so I'm hoping that will help me find something there.

I'm listening to fantasmic on repeat. The character explosion boat just came around the corner... Haha.

Nice to meet you too! Thanks again for helping me to stalk chops (chopper). Seeing Ezra and Sabine at the rebel hangar did make up for missing him :) I know how lucky a break that was.
You shouldn't have a problem. There are so many jobs here right now. There is a great thread about safe neighborhoods and transferring here. But you continue to confirm my theory. Us northeners just either come several times a year or just move. Those that don't move are pretty much stuck. I meet "us" every day! I've met a REAl local like twice ever!

You shouldn't have a problem. There are so many jobs here right now. There is a great thread about safe neighborhoods and transferring here. But you continue to confirm my theory. Us northeners just either come several times a year or just move. Those that don't move are pretty much stuck. I meet "us" every day! I've met a REAl local like twice ever!

Haha nice! Our biggest problem with the jobs is that I'm an attorney so I'm licensed in Ohio, not Florida. So that's a bit hard to market myself. That's why I'm hopeful that the security clearance will help.

My bf is a materials science engineer and doesn't have a ton of experience so his resume isn't the greatest. But we're trying!

I have have a RH reservation for three people for 5:00 on 5/29 (this Friday). I will be dropping it at 8:45 (or can coordinate with someone).

For anyone wondering. I was just able to update our RH reservation for June 6 from 3 people to 4. I didn't really think it would be a problem since the table set up are for 2 or 4 and up.

Are we the only ones who thought that in person, the Boba Fett stein did not look particularly well made? (OK - DD said it looked "cheap";)) We went thinking we might want one, and after seeing them opted not to buy. :confused3

They are actually quite sturdy. We have the stormtrooper amd r2d2 ones too an the boys play with them all the time. My DD carried her stein around all over, snapped the lid off seveal times and popped it back on, all while the antenna stayed in place. I was actually pretty impressive about the antenna not breaking with all she banged it into.

Had a blast at SWW I- we attended the very first 5/15 Friday date so, of course, there were no Boba Fett steins available, but other than that blip we all had a great time! This was my fourth SWW with the family dating all the way back to 2000 and as is tradition for me I picked up the LE logo pin for my collection. Pretty funny that for me the very first logo pin is still my favorite with the blue light saber and Mickey ears! Great SWW thread and have really enjoyed reading it and catching up with fellow SWW'ers!

Oh, and if anyone does happen to have an extra stein, please let me know!

@morrison2951 if you still need a stein I have 1 left of the extra I picked up. Just message me.

DH and I just signed up this morning for the SWW Ultimate Day VIP Tour for THIS SATURDAY May 30 - set up a spur of the moment trip to WDW for the weekend, which we've never done before :love2:! Anyway, the CM made sure she had our email address, but we haven't received the email confirmation yet - how long does it usually take to arrive after you make your reservation? We've never been to SWW and probably won't go again due to the crowds, so we figured the Ultimate Day would be the best way to see as much as we can. So we're even more excited than we would be to just have a weekend trip planned!

DH and I just signed up this morning for the SWW Ultimate Day VIP Tour for THIS SATURDAY May 30 - set up a spur of the moment trip to WDW for the weekend, which we've never done before :love2:! Anyway, the CM made sure she had our email address, but we haven't received the email confirmation yet - how long does it usually take to arrive after you make your reservation? We've never been to SWW and probably won't go again due to the crowds, so we figured the Ultimate Day would be the best way to see as much as we can. So we're even more excited than we would be to just have a weekend trip planned!

@CarolynFH

My son and I are on the same tour. If you pm your email address to me, I will forward the email I received regarding the VIP tour. That is if you are just looking for the information.

They were sending out the emails in waves for the initial reservations. Not sure how they are doing them for those booking this close to the date.

Last edited:
I am so exited I have to share. I will be at HS Sat. For SWW. We have a friend who works at Disney. She just squared us away with extra fast passes! Not to the shows, but the rides we wanted and the second Fantasmic!
Disney magic. .awesome

Has anyone here successfully transferred a DPP FTF to another person. Since it has to be booked by phone I was thinking I would cancel it after the other person has a cast member on the phone and is ready to search. Is there a better way to do this? Can anyone think of any problems with this method?

Did you have any luck with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter