Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Successfully transfered 2 of the Oz FPs and have 6 more left. This is for Saturday June 13.

DH and I will be the only ones going. DH,DD, and I have the ftf-DPP so we don't need the FPs. We already had the package when the FPs became available,
but I grabbed all 8 just in case. The 7 in our party and the 1 from our party who had already canceled her trip (but we have a ticket on the acct so can get FPs).
I got that 1 originally for Yulilin3, but she snagged one on her own!

The in-laws have the ftf-PP. They let me know this weekend they don't have any interest in any of the shows. But they DO want Frozen singalong. DD is adamantly opposed
to anything frozen, and I had a heart to heart with her last night. We've been many times and will go again.
This may be the in-laws only trip so yea, we're going to the Frozen singalong. I was happy to be able to switch our Sun June 7 SotS for Frozen. I was worried they'd be "sold out" but
happily were not.

@Billabongi you are so welcome! I will be there with my husband (the star wars geek in the family) and maybe my teenager. I may stick her in boot-camp for the week though. :P

Thanks everyone for your input on our Jedi Mickey reservations! I think you are exactly right on it just being too much food and not getting as much value with the reservations back to back - plus we have a RH reservation on the 7th too at 4, so that is a TON of food in one evening. After talking to DH this morning with all of this input, I convinced him to add an extra day so we can do everything he wants to do at Epcot and we can have more Disney time! YAY! Thanks everyone!!!

I am a little concerned but do not have much choice. We have a 4:15pm Jedi Mickeys, 7:20pm RH and the FTF dessert party. I figured for RH that we would share something more like a snack. I am hoping to not explode with food!

Food, food and more food..... Don't forget the desserts !
We had a great time at SWW / Garrison Guinea Pig / May 16th with the FTF DP. We also did RH on the 16th, followed by the Dessert Party. Lots of fun ..... But that darn heat killed my appetite. I would have liked to indulge more..... Took sample bites at the Dessert Party, Just because I had to at least try it all :-)
Unlimited Mickey Ice Cream Bars and Strawberry Popsicles at the parade and DP, but darn ..... I just couldn't eat much. Thankfully the unlimited water was easy to consume and probably better for me anyway.
Also, our last day we did Galactic Breakfast 9am & then CRT at 1pm. Wouldn't want to plan them both again on the same day. But that was the only time we could get.
Hopefully next year I can start booking ADR's at the 180 day mark and not have to start booking at 75 days and stalking the May Cancelation boards, the SWW ADR's cancelations & DiningBuddy (which I was thankful for). A great learning experience. All in all lots of great dining experiences, but darn that heat for killing my appetite with all those goodies around. Looking forward to 2016 SWW and celebrating my 65th Birthday there !

Last edited:
Hi, I'm a bit overwhelmed by this thread, but if someone can just help me out. I'm trying to figure out when in the world to expect to see the SWW fireworks. I peek out on my balcony on Friday May 15 and never saw anything but Wishes. I even looked for Illuminations at 9 and couldn't see it either. But Wishes was there, peeked my head out and was happy. The next day, Sat May 16, we invited some friends up to watch Wishes, and BAM! SWW amazed us! I didn't know at the time it was SWW, it was HUGE though. The next day, we were late coming back from MK and didn't see any fireworks (thanks a lot I-4!). So then we are like "we are SO going on Sat to watch them in person", and even though it was Mem weekend, we went anyway, crowds were packed but everyone was nice and it was fun. That was Sat May 23, and I expected to see them on Sun May 24, so we got everyone on the balcony, and lo, it was just Illuminations and Wishes again! (And somewhere way way in the distance, Universal is that possible? It was a new spot to see them from, but a nice treat anyway.) But NO SWW. I'm having the toughest time figuring out when I can plan for sure to see SWW fireworks other than a Saturday. They claim they are on Friday, but I haven't seen them once on a Friday. Are they on Sunday? I would like to film them from my balcony. If someone knows ALL the dates SWW fireworks will be on (I assume at 10, because the stage show is first?) PLEASE provide a schedule for me and tag my quote in the post so I don't get lost in this massive thread.

THank you so so very much!

Regarding food~ I really hope next year we can plan better. It was just hard when they released the RH...Something SW related and new and shiny, had to go no matter what!

T-minus 9 days for us and we've got RH at 4:05 then 8:25 for H&V. Since we're driving down that day, I'm telling the guys to treat it like a REALLY late lunch and dinner lol! So glad I didn't have to cram RH in on Saturday with our FTF package popcorn:::mickeybar:cake::drinking1

Hi, I'm a bit overwhelmed by this thread, but if someone can just help me out. I'm trying to figure out when in the world to expect to see the SWW fireworks. I peek out on my balcony on Friday May 15 and never saw anything but Wishes. I even looked for Illuminations at 9 and couldn't see it either. But Wishes was there, peeked my head out and was happy. The next day, Sat May 16, we invited some friends up to watch Wishes, and BAM! SWW amazed us! I didn't know at the time it was SWW, it was HUGE though. The next day, we were late coming back from MK and didn't see any fireworks (thanks a lot I-4!). So then we are like "we are SO going on Sat to watch them in person", and even though it was Mem weekend, we went anyway, crowds were packed but everyone was nice and it was fun. That was Sat May 23, and I expected to see them on Sun May 24, so we got everyone on the balcony, and lo, it was just Illuminations and Wishes again! (And somewhere way way in the distance, Universal is that possible? It was a new spot to see them from, but a nice treat anyway.) But NO SWW. I'm having the toughest time figuring out when I can plan for sure to see SWW fireworks other than a Saturday. They claim they are on Friday, but I haven't seen them once on a Friday. Are they on Sunday? I would like to film them from my balcony. If someone knows ALL the dates SWW fireworks will be on (I assume at 10, because the stage show is first?) PLEASE provide a schedule for me and tag my quote in the post so I don't get lost in this massive thread.

THank you so so very much!
every Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 9:45pm until June 14 Where were you watching from?

I'm going to cancel a Jedi Mickey dinner for 4 people at 5:55 on Friday, June 12. If anyone is interested in coordinating, let me know. Otherwise, I will cancel tomorrow morning.

Successfully transfered 2 of the Oz FPs and have 6 more left. This is for Saturday June 13.

DH and I will be the only ones going. DH,DD, and I have the ftf-DPP so we don't need the FPs. We already had the package when the FPs became available,
but I grabbed all 8 just in case. The 7 in our party and the 1 from our party who had already canceled her trip (but we have a ticket on the acct so can get FPs).
I got that 1 originally for Yulilin3, but she snagged one on her own!

The in-laws have the ftf-PP. They let me know this weekend they don't have any interest in any of the shows. But they DO want Frozen singalong. DD is adamantly opposed
to anything frozen, and I had a heart to heart with her last night. We've been many times and will go again.
This may be the in-laws only trip so yea, we're going to the Frozen singalong. I was happy to be able to switch our Sun June 7 SotS for Frozen. I was worried they'd be "sold out" but
happily were not.

@Billabongi you are so welcome! I will be there with my husband (the star wars geek in the family) and maybe my teenager. I may stick her in boot-camp for the week though. :P

I am interested in 1 FP for the OZ show on tht 13th is you have any left. Thanks.

ETA: Thanks Candleshoe!

Last edited:
every Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 9:45pm until June 14 Where were you watching from?
Crap, so they WERE on Sunday, we just went downstairs at 9:20 and came out at 10! The first night, they were going at the same time Wishes was, so it had to have been 10! Grr. Ok got it. Thanks! I'll have to go out at 9:30 and just wait.
I watch them from the balcony right next to my bed, home sweet home! (Yay)

Crap, so they WERE on Sunday, we just went downstairs at 9:20 and came out at 10! The first night, they were going at the same time Wishes was, so it had to have been 10! Grr. Ok got it. Thanks! I'll have to go out at 9:30 and just wait.
I watch them from the balcony right next to my bed, home sweet home! (Yay)
the first weekend they went off at 10pm but from weekend II on it's at 9:45pm

the first weekend they went off at 10pm but from weekend II on it's at 9:45pm
Yes! I'm not crazy then. (Well, more or less) although I did not see them at 10 on the first Friday. I'll be stalking my balcony after 9 each day for sure (unless I'm there of course, which I will be on Sat again :)

What would I do without you guys.

Is there a separate thread that people are using if they are going to drop a FTF reservation? Or is this the place? I thought I saw something posted in one of the previous 100 pages, but I can't find it. :crazy:

(No, I'm not looking to drop, I'm hoping someone ELSE is. :earboy2:)

Is there a separate thread that people are using if they are going to drop a FTF reservation? Or is this the place? I thought I saw something posted in one of the previous 100 pages, but I can't find it. :crazy:

(No, I'm not looking to drop, I'm hoping someone ELSE is. :earboy2:)
Here or the roll call thread :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!