Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
pretty awesome pic from todays parade...I spy @The Sunrise Student and Mr. Sunshine holding the flags in the back
10479534_1053397521354397_3670343144717264969_n.jpg

OMG!!! I Finally caught up to the thread... Here are my impressions of weekend one:
First I'd like to say it was great meeting everyone I encountered from this thread. I love you all but I want to send a special shout out to the coolest dude of all: Jonathan!! :wave2: I got to enjoy the Fireworks on Sunday with him and his family.

Weather: The sun is brutal when it's out so definitely bring one of those shorty totes umbrellas. I had one and I saw a number of people strolling around the park or waiting in Character lines using one.

Lockers: Consider renting one. I loved having the option to stash my purchases and back pack in them as needed. The large size is quite roomy (sorry I don't have dimensions).

Say Hi: Don't be afraid to say hi! to other Dis-ers you recognize from this thread. It puts a smile on everyone's faces when you connect at this event.

Rebel Hanger: I did it twice so I'm sure that it was nice, in fact it was awesome. The food was good and the character interactions were really fun. You can buy the glow cubes separately. I got all 3 at once.

Character interactions: Don't be afraid to talk to the characters. Compliment the Modal Nodes on their "Galactic Grammy Nomination" for their one song. Tell Darth Maul that he better behave because you have his mother on speed dial on your cell phone and you're about to call her and give her the run down on his antics. Ask if Chewbacca has applied his Frontline Flea and Tick prevention. Make stuff up like that. They LOVE it when you interact with them. Also be aware that the characters are IN CHARACTER. I was chasing Aurra Sing around trying to get her picture (She roams) She was ignoring me and stalking away. I finally got her to turn around and pose when I said "Even though I'm Rebel Scum I'd love to get your picture".

Make a list or a plan of things that you want to do: I forgot to go to the theater and see the Star Wars content. I had it on my plan but I forgot to check to make sure that I was hitting all my must do's.

Sci Fi breakfast: Definitely bring your best camera and make sure you know how to turn on your flash. Your pictures will be a blurry mess if you don't use the flash on your camera... even if you are using the movie screen to help to light the characters. Also you can order one entree and ask for parts of another entree. I had the shrimp and cheesy grits and asked for some of the bacon from the other entree on the side. Nom, nom, nom!!!

Annual Pass Posters: I picked up one each day to give away to random people. You should have seen the looks on their faces. Spread that pixie dust!

Compliment people on their outfits: If you see a t-shirt or a costume you think is cool let them know. It brings a huge smile to their faces.

That's all I can think of for now. I'd like to wish the rest of the SWW 2015 garrison the best of luck. May the force be with you!

~NM

No At At shirts or Ahsoka Lives. I was told they won't have them here, but they should restock online soon.

We have APs, DVC membership, and Disney Visa. What Star Wars perks are there with these? Someone told me to stop by the DVC booth for a mini poster, but they're listed in a previous post as an AP poster. I don't want to miss out on anything wonderful. . Thanks!

We have APs, DVC membership, and Disney Visa. What Star Wars perks are there with these? Someone told me to stop by the DVC booth for a mini poster, but they're listed in a previous post as an AP poster. I don't want to miss out on anything wonderful. . Thanks!
the posters are for AP and DVC. With your AP you can also get 10% on almost all of the merchandise inside Darth's Mall

the posters are for AP and DVC. With your AP you can also get 10% on almost all of the merchandise inside Darth's Mall

Do you know what AP holders need to present to get the poster? Will they scan my magic band or do I need the discount card and ID?

Great! Where do I pick up the AP poster at? Are the posters one per family or per person? DD is a DVC member, but I don't think we ever got a card for her since she was so young when we joined.

Great! Where do I pick up the AP poster at? Are the posters one per family or per person? DD is a DVC member, but I don't think we ever got a card for her since she was so young when we joined.

Posters are located just to the right of TSM, and they are one per passholder.

AP poster pick up is next to One Man's Dream. They have them until around 2pm, some days they go a bit longer. Just make sure to pick it up before 1pm to make sure. You can also pick up the same poster at the DVC's booths around the park. One per AP with valid ID. make sure you have your yellow cards from the AP or the AP slider or the actual ap card. They CANNOT scan your magic band

Quick update while we're waiting at jta, thank you thank you thank you for this thread!!!!!! Having the best day so far! Were first in line at the tapstiles, dh did the chewie run so got a great spot while we signed up, went to Darth mall, sci fi breakfast, great last minute spot for the parade, rode star tours, saw Muppets, now doing jta!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter