Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
my friend is at DHS right now
11209591_10204329139323888_4549911673398504078_n.jpg
Hey I'm friends with her too!

Was looking for some advice for a WDW vet but a SWW newbie. We are going to be at WDW for the 2nd weekend of SWW. My DH is a huge Star Wars fan and wants to get the most out of SWW he can.

The problem is we intend on doing the 24hr party at MK on Friday. We probably won't be getting to DHS until evening on Saturday because of sleeping off the 24hr party. We are planning on seeing atleast the fireworks on Saturday night and are planning to do a full day on Sunday.

What would be a good strategy for us for Sunday to fit in as much as we can since that is our only full day of SWW? Thanks so much for any advice :) !
What are you most interested ? Shows, characters, parade,celebrities? The first post of this thread has all the events with times so you can prioritize and plan

For the dessert party you really don't need to line up early, if you don't find a table you can share with someone else, the area is big and there's room to walk around. They do open it around 8:40pm so that would work
Are strollers allowed in the area?

Lime Green Mickey Heads are the unofficial symbol of the DISBoards. People use to wear them in the parks to identify each other. You used to be able to get LGMH paint chips in Home Depot. Since they discontinued those, the LGMHs aren't as common. But people still do them for special events or monthly trip threads.

I usually print mine on white cardstock or photo paper and then glue them back to back. I laminate mine and then attach them to a key ring to hang on my bag or camera strap. (Yes, I have several rings in my Disney box just for that purpose. Doesn't everyone?) There's room at the bottom of most of them to put your DIS name.

For this group - we started calling the first weekend the Guinea Pig DISer Garrison. Then we made cute names for the other four weekends. So we're going to get I'm Celebrating buttons from Disney and put our Garrison name on them. An easy way to identify each other. I plan to do both. :-)

indeed, we must respect the lime:p Here's a blast from the past.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/our-secret-green-club.1101903/page-22#post-13039372

What are you most interested ? Shows, characters, parade,celebrities? The first post of this thread has all the events with times so you can prioritize and plan
Thanks, I have already looked at the 1st post. DH is the one who cares the most lol. We normally tour at a more relaxed pace and go with the flow but I know to fit in as much as we can we have to atleast have some sort of plan.

He hasn't told me exactly what he hopes to see except "I want to get as much SWW as I can" lol....
I know he wants to see the parade, meet a few characters (he doesn't plan on standing in uber long lines for them so if he deems them "too long" he will probably forget it), he wants to see the celebrity questions and such (not sure if he wants to meet them or just see the show), he wants to shop in Darth's Mall and see fireworks. So the only thing I know we will do on Saturday is fireworks so everything else will have to be Sunday.

The consensus is that if it's a small baby or kids are asleep they allow them in. Otherwise they ask be parked just outside the area
Thank you. She may be asleep by then as we will be there from open to close but who knows. I could put a towel or small blanket on the ground for her.

Thanks, I have already looked at the 1st post. DH is the one who cares the most lol. We normally tour at a more relaxed pace and go with the flow but I know to fit in as much as we can we have to atleast have some sort of plan.

He hasn't told me exactly what he hopes to see except "I want to get as much SWW as I can" lol....
I know he wants to see the parade, meet a few characters (he doesn't plan on standing in uber long lines for them so if he deems them "too long" he will probably forget it), he wants to see the celebrity questions and such (not sure if he wants to meet them or just see the show), he wants to shop in Darth's Mall and see fireworks. So the only thing I know we will do on Saturday is fireworks so everything else will have to be Sunday.
ok, as with everything Disney, rope drop is your friend. If you're there before the park opens you can get a lot done.
In the morning you could meet some characters, as you've seen the popular ones are Chewie and Vader followed by the Disney as SW guys. Fot the parade grab a spot at least an hour and a half before to guarantee a shady side. If you haven't already book your fp for the SWW shows, SotS is the most popular unless you're coming the last weekend then it would be Conversation with Frank Oz. Darth;s Mall is good to visit in the early morning or in the afternoon.
As for characters without lines you could meet the roaming ones walking around the old Backlot Tour

Thank you. She may be asleep by then as we will be there from open to close but who knows. I could put a towel or small blanket on the ground for her.
they would rather her be in a stroller. It's a safety issue, it will be dark, and with the music and lights from the dance party they wouldn't want her on the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter