Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Heck yes! Yulilin deserves that! Especially as the Disboard ignores this as a top thread (seriously door hanger thingys for a cruise made a top thread???)

Most definitely deserving! DH and I have been going to SWW for years and years, but mostly in a casual, "let's see what we can do" way. This thread has changed it all for us! We now have a more solid plan of attack and got rezzies for things we'd have no hope of otherwise getting thanks to the folks posting here.

And funnily enough, I just happened to be working from home today due to a sink leak (ugh), and was able to see AND reserve Rebel Hangar as a result. May the Fourth (and y'all) was indeed with me today. :)

I managed to snag a 4:05 for the 15th, 4:20 for the 16th and between 4:10-4:20 every saturday except the last weekend when I picked a sunday. I have a feeling it will be the only food we end up eating those days!

Ok, I've seen the green Mickey's mentioned in posts, but wasn't sure what the deal was with them. Just curious, what do you all do with these? Also, I read in the roll call thread about picking up an "I'm celebrating" button... is that just a button from Disney or something more specific to these boards? TIA :)

Lime Green Mickey Heads are the unofficial symbol of the DISBoards. People use to wear them in the parks to identify each other. You used to be able to get LGMH paint chips in Home Depot. Since they discontinued those, the LGMHs aren't as common. But people still do them for special events or monthly trip threads.

I usually print mine on white cardstock or photo paper and then glue them back to back. I laminate mine and then attach them to a key ring to hang on my bag or camera strap. (Yes, I have several rings in my Disney box just for that purpose. Doesn't everyone?) There's room at the bottom of most of them to put your DIS name.

For this group - we started calling the first weekend the Guinea Pig DISer Garrison. Then we made cute names for the other four weekends. So we're going to get I'm Celebrating buttons from Disney and put our Garrison name on them. An easy way to identify each other. I plan to do both. :-)

Every time the add for this shirt pops up, I think it would be a great Disney veteren shirt
http://www.thehomet.com/products/castle
Then I am reminded of the SW trailer and think it would be equally awesome to have one with the Millennium Falcon in the background. *sigh*

Google ads are killing me y'all. Love the shirts that play on the 2016 election with "Solo, Chewbacca, Let the Wookie win". Lol.

*sorry, randomness. Proctoring exams. ;)

Has anyone eaten at Mama Melrose's? Can a meal there be done in an hour? Still tweaking my schedule, have 3:55 ressie and trying to decide if we can be done there in time for Frank Oz show.

Has anyone eaten at Mama Melrose's? Can a meal there be done in an hour? Still tweaking my schedule, have 3:55 ressie and trying to decide if we can be done there in time for Frank Oz show.

Assuming you get seated on time, it is doable in an hour. Maybe show up early and see if they can seat you a little ahead of schedule.

16 more days left for me.

Luckily I have a trip to Cedar Point this weekend to keep me entertained for a couple days. This will be our first time to this park. Our home amusement park is Six Flags Great Adventure.

rebel hangar reservations all made including one that may allow me to see the Ewok's Tale show and still have some real food before dessert party - but not too much!

Is this new location just Sundays like the old one?
Do we have an official listing of where the meet ups are on the first page
For those of you not SW-obsessed, I updated the blank Mickey Heads in sheet 4 to be May - Flower & Garden themed.

Sheet 1: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5I5yufNJ51SQ0dKS2RyYzVRQTA/view?usp=sharing (SWW Logo, GG Logo, Jedi Mickey)

Sheet 2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5I5yufNJ51SQVJXSkl5NzZKYkU/view?usp=sharing (Mickey/Yoda Logo, R2, C3PO, Guinea Pig)

Sheet 3: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5I5yufNJ51SM2ZBNkJ0OFZDWkE/view?usp=sharing (Darth Vader, Stormtrooper, XWing Mickey, Jedi Mickey/Yoda)

Sheet 4: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5I5yufNJ51SWmpsTktETUw2Q00/view?usp=sharing (SWW V, Boba Fett, May/Flower & Garden)

Sheet 5: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5I5yufNJ51SYVVOZUNreW9pdDQ/view?usp=sharing (SWW I - IV)

Let me know if there are any issues.

Where can I find the SWW one?

Was looking for some advice for a WDW vet but a SWW newbie. We are going to be at WDW for the 2nd weekend of SWW. My DH is a huge Star Wars fan and wants to get the most out of SWW he can.

The problem is we intend on doing the 24hr party at MK on Friday. We probably won't be getting to DHS until evening on Saturday because of sleeping off the 24hr party. We are planning on seeing atleast the fireworks on Saturday night and are planning to do a full day on Sunday.

What would be a good strategy for us for Sunday to fit in as much as we can since that is our only full day of SWW? Thanks so much for any advice :) !

I think it's going to be more of actors dressed as secondary characters (maybe like what you would see in the Cantina scene) just walking by, not really stopping. If this was a character meal it would be much, much more expensive
Ya Ya. Totally never thought of that. You k ow what would make it awesome. If it was like the explorers club back in the day at pleasure island! Remember how you would be sitting there and a guy would come up and ask you how ur last elephant hunt was. That place was awesome. The most missed part of Disney for me and my wife. We used to spend hours in there drinking and hanging out before we were married and with kids. Now that would be awesome for the lounge. Heck of it was like that bring that back vs the explorers club. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter