• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to read through all the pages, but not finding an answer (possibly because there isn't one) but do we know a price for the RH? and what that includes? Is there a kids price? I keep getting Donald too, and I completely missed the blog post with pics of the meals :/
prices I've seen posted (here) are food is $14.99 and under - no idea how much each thing is. No cover charge from what we can tell and no specific kids food (although the chicken and waffles looks very kid friendly)

edited to add - somewhere in the last several pages (?) there are pictures of the food on this thread - a smart Diser posted them!

prices I've seen posted (here) are food is $14.99 and under - no idea how much each thing is. No cover charge from what we can tell and no specific kids food (although the chicken and waffles looks very kid friendly)

edited to add - somewhere in the last several pages (?) there are pictures of the food on this thread - a smart Diser posted them!
Thanks for the quick reply! I went back about 10 pages, but didn't see the answer. Hate that they announced it then pulled it :/ Why can't they just announce things and say opens at such and such a date?? I swear its to make us feel like we are getting a secret prize that no one knows about! LOL!!! I saw fruit kabob looking things that my kids would like and I did see those chicken and waffles, looked yum. Drinks sounded good too!

Thanks for the quick reply! I went back about 10 pages, but didn't see the answer. Hate that they announced it then pulled it :/ Why can't they just announce things and say opens at such and such a date?? I swear its to make us feel like we are getting a secret prize that no one knows about! LOL!!! I saw fruit kabob looking things that my kids would like and I did see those chicken and waffles, looked yum. Drinks sounded good too!
the thread moves quickly - I think the pictures were posted on Friday but I'm not sure. Someone here will know where they are (probably the poster) and will be able to link you to them.

Trying to read through all the pages, but not finding an answer (possibly because there isn't one) but do we know a price for the RH? and what that includes? Is there a kids price? I keep getting Donald too, and I completely missed the blog post with pics of the meals :/
I think its "off the menu" $15 and under

Oh, good .....someone already posted the info

Page 561 / #11211 & #11212 has GREAT pictures !
(I don't know how to put the link in)

edited : Gee, I surprised myself and did get the link in !

Are you on the Texas Ukelele group? My daughter plays, too! She's been taking lessons at Guitar Center for a couple of years now. Last month she switched to Bass Guitar.

No, it's through Groundwork Music Projects. They started doing group parent/child lessons in February at Strange Brew on Manchaca. We haven't had too many lessons yet, maybe 6. It's been a little slow going, because DS9 is the oldest kid in the group. However, some of the other parents and one of the kids are very musical. I am having to relearn how to read music, because I quit playing the cello before 7th grade. Also, neither DS nor I have ever played anything like the uke or guitar. The cello fingering is much different. We like it and hope continue taking lessons once these are over. If this group doesn't offer more, we will try to find somewhere else. I bought DS a decent ukelele years ago, but we had never learned to play it until now. I bought one for myself from the instructor. We are hoping to learn to play Tropical Serenade (theme to the Enchanted Tiki Room) on our ukes together.

Last edited:
How long are stars of the saga and darth maul shows? Trying to figure out where to put rebel hangar.

I went through every day we are at SWW and wrote down the best times based on the SW show FP+ we have. That way if one day isn't available I'm already for the next day and time to try.

View attachment 91911 Made a couple new shirts for the kidos last night (front/back). Only problem is they want to wear them now. They still don't know we are going to sww.
Any hints on where the image came for the front of the shirt? If it's something you can and wouldn't mind sharing, I'd love to make one of those for my sons. Thanks!
I was going to ask if it was iron on transfer or paint. :) SO, @lchuck, if you don't have a cutting machine, you can print it on iron on transfer. That would be easiest. You could also print or freehand it on freezer paper, cut it out, iron it on the shirt, paint the cut outs, pull of the paper. It is pretty easy to do. You just have to be sure to get the edges ironed on well. Just google freezer paper shirts or something similar.

Since we're waiting for Rebels Hangar...Magic Bands are done!
Love that R2! Is that one of the official Disney slider things?

I need costume advice. I'm a single dad who can't sew a button. I'm set to order the Ezra costume for DS6 from the Disney store site here. It's a "bodysuit" from man-made materials, so I'm sure it will be hot. Unfortunately, some of the better details are in the legs, so I'm reluctant to just cut them off.

If I take this to a tailor, could they modify it to make it better-suited for the heat? Some thoughts I had - could you make the pant legs detachable with a zipper or velcro? could you put vents in somewhere (possibly using orange netting)?

Thanks for any advice you might give.
That is a nice looking costume! Yes, in theory a tailor should be able to do those things. It is hard to tell from the website, but the trickiest part would definitely be separating the pants. It looks like there is a seam below the belt, but I would bet there is not enough fabric left on the inside to add a zipper or elastic. Velcro may be easier since even if the tailor had to add another strip of orange with velcro, it could attach to the underside of the shirt and not be seen. They don't show the back side of the costume, but my thought to make it cool enough would be to replace the entire back side with something breathable, solid chest piece and arms with breathable back. I'm not sure about the seams, so that may not be possible.

It has a really nice sale price, but it still isn't cheap per se. Plus, add on the cost of a tailor which may be more than you think. Personally, I would take the photos on the website to a tailor and ask what they think before counting on that plan. Either way, thumbs up for even thinking about it. Way to go, dad!

@Candleshoe, @soniam and anyone else who lives in Texas: if you happen to be in the Laredo area next weekend, my favorite Minnie will be at the Disney Store Grand Opening! Mickey and Minnie will kick off the celebration and also do meet and greets. If anyone has the chance to go, please give Minnie a hug for me and let her know it's from me!:)

***Guinea Pig Garrison:
If you are able to book an ADR for Rebel Hangar, please post the info on the Roll Call thread as soon as possible. I'll add the info to my tagged list that I'll post here and on the Roll Call thread before I'm "off to Neverland 5K" at DL on Thursday morning. Thanks!

Last edited:
@Candleshoe, @soniam and anyone else who lives in Texas: if you happen to be in the Laredo area next weekend, my favorite Minnie will be at the Disney Store Grand Opening! Mickey and Minnie will kick off the celebration and also do meet and greets. If anyone has the chance to go, please give Minnie a hug for me and let her know it's from me!:)

***Guinea Pig Garrison:
If you are able to book an ADR for Rebel Hangar, pease post the info on the Roll Call thread as soon as possible. I'll add the info to my tagged list that I'll post here and on the Roll Call thread before I'm "off to Neverland 5K" at DL on Thursday morning. Thanks!
how fun!! I'm a real long way from Laredo -- though I grew up only 90 miles away. I hope she has fun!

Lounge food tends to be priced between $7.99 and $14.99.

It has a really nice sale price, but it still isn't cheap per se. Plus, add on the cost of a tailor which may be more than you think. Personally, I would take the photos on the website to a tailor and ask what they think before counting on that plan. Either way, thumbs up for even thinking about it. Way to go, dad!

Also it typically takes a week just get pants hemmed, so allow plenty of time to get the alterations.

Just bought 4 boxes of Star Wars Nabisco Graham crackers from Walmart! My husband was laughing at me because I saw them and dove...my kids all love them, plus they're SW, so I figured they'd be perfect to bring for snacks for them for when we're waiting in lines :) I got SO excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter